Last visit was: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:09 pm It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:09 pm

[ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 As The Crow Flies? 
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: As The Crow Flies?
nomad wrote:
Makes one wonder how much $ Live Nation is saving with all these 2 fers; Panic, Phil, and now Robinson. I understand it's a business but how do you expect to increase your revenue w/o improving the product?
Or maybe they just really don't care as they have bigger fish to fry...
A single Beyonce show averaging $200 per ticket with 45,000 average ticket sale is 9 million alone. Figure $250 per ticket @ Wanee with 20k tickets sold is only is half that and a lot less headache.
I do believe i answered my own question, but no Mule sucks.

It has been said " Follow the money. When somebody says, "It's not the money," it's always the money."

I think you have nailed it.

Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:03 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

There should be a Wednesday lineup too ....... I hope!!! That's 4 Days.

Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:04 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

CRB ..yes
Circles Around the Sun.... hell yes
Chris covering the Black Crowes tunes.....Classic Rock stations played it to death...so pass

Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:23 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

whole lot of love wrote:
hopefully we see old crow medicine show on spring reunions lineup. :shock:

Doubt it. That would take effort that nobody has anymore since Mag and Springfest left.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:57 am Profile
Wanee Fan

nickyler wrote:
whole lot of love wrote:
hopefully we see old crow medicine show on spring reunions lineup. :shock:

Doubt it. That would take effort that nobody has anymore since Mag and Springfest left.

RIP Magfest. I miss that one in particular. Great time of year, smaller crowds, mellower vibe...

Great festival, sorely missed. And yes. I know it moved to St. Augustine. No comparison though.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:14 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

dinahmoehumm wrote:
Great festival, sorely missed. And yes. I know [MagFest] moved to St. Augustine. No comparison though.

FWIW... MagFest moved to StAug Amph for 2016... and was scuttled by the Hurricane Matthew, which hit less than a week ahead of it. So it was cancelled.

Nothing by way of a Mag type festival happened this past October in StAug.

I can only conclude that MagFest is done.

It probably didn't help that the other fest run by She Who Will Not Be Named, was SpringFest, renamed Anastasia Fest, which happened this past March, and was so poorly attended. Maybe 400 - 500 were there, at most. It had a great lineup.

Anyways. Any implied poop stirring in the above was probably intentional ... :twisted: :lol:

So now, we got Suwanee Roots in October, and Spring Reunion in March, at the ol' SOSMP. Things are both different, and the same 8-)

Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:50 pm Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

I emailed the park about Springfest...and they never answered.....imagine that.....

So Springfest is now Spring Reunion??? Randy and Judy sponsoring it? Same old same old?

Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:18 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Yeah, don't call SOSMP and ask about Springfest .... wrong name :lol:

Anyways, to answer: Yes and yes, and ermm... yes. Beth and Randy (mostly Beth, Big Cosmo doesn't seem to be doing so well) pull it together, along with Paul Levine and the SOSMP staff.

What's in a name...I am hopeful about this next Spring Reunion... this past year's was a bit bare bones, artist-wise... same ol' same ol', is a fair assessment of what we got: lots of the old Springfest regulars. Personally I was cool with regular guys I've seen a mess of times before ... I was up on the lake with my besties, so it was still a great time. And still a lot of fine music.

So I'm hopeful for good things for the next Spring Reunion, that they give folks who have never been, a reason to give it a try.
:mrgreen:

Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:53 am Profile
Wanee Lover

bet L/N got CR pretty cheap too after his comment a few months ago

Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:18 am Profile
Wanee Fan

beach bob wrote:
What's in a name...I am hopeful about this next Spring Reunion... this past year's was a bit bare bones, artist-wise... same ol' same ol', is a fair assessment of what we got: lots of the old Springfest regulars. Personally I was cool with regular guys I've seen a mess of times before ... I was up on the lake with my besties, so it was still a great time. And still a lot of fine music.

So I'm hopeful for good things for the next Spring Reunion, that they give folks who have never been, a reason to give it a try.
:mrgreen:

It would be great if they booked some younger up and coming bluegrass bands (Billy Strings, Kitchen Dwellers, Lil Smokies, HShoes & Hand Grenades to name a few) all these guys are headlining smaller fests throughout the country so I don't understand why they wouldn't try to book them. Also I haven't seen anything publicly yet but Anastasia Fest is not happening next yr

Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:21 am Profile
 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next