Last visit was: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:19 pm It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:19 pm

[ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 first time 
Wanee Fan

Post Re: first time
whole lot of love wrote:
our friends left hula a day early because of their neighbors and their bass audio systems played 24 hours
This can happen at any music festival... and it has happened to us at Wanee. I've learned to bring sleeping pills and earplugs!

Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:01 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

ArmeDane wrote:
whole lot of love wrote:
our friends left hula a day early because of their neighbors and their bass audio systems played 24 hours
This can happen at any music festival... and it has happened to us at Wanee. I've learned to bring sleeping pills and earplugs!

I have been on both sides of this debate. Never played music for 24 hours or with any bass. Just outdoor RV speakers. But it was late (or early) and we got told to shut up. I have also tried to sleep at places while Rap Music was blaring. I think music taste has alot to do with it.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:36 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Rivernole wrote:
Such and Such......read all you can of the first messages......for new and first timers.....there is a wealth of information in that topic.
If you have any specific questions...ask and I will try to answer.....or someone will....maybe even maestro...or nickyler....

Am I in charge of the newbies now that Volkemon has abandoned his post?

Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:37 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

nickyler wrote:

Works for me. Have fun!

Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:13 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Volkemon wrote:
nickyler wrote:

Works for me. Have fun!

Herdin Cats.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:43 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

such wrote:
our first time going .getting there Wednesday any suggestions.

It won't be your last! Special place.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:56 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Volkemon wrote:
nickyler wrote:

Works for me. Have fun!

Big shoes to fill

Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:40 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

yes very busy weekend .we were just wanting to gather some info on camping spots and what to expect. we camp a lot and know that part of it but we trying to get some inside info on to where the best spots are and how to get to them.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:53 pm Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

There are good spots all over the park. It is according to what day you get there...as to how close you can get to the venue itself. The earlier you get there the better. I love the Lake camping area......but it fills up fast and is really congested. Oh...and I get there nearly a week in advance .......if you wait...the Lake is out of the question. There are many sites down river road.....Just make sure not to camp in a numbered location....as all of those are reserved. You have to be resourceful sometimes.....you see a little nook or cranny and you are happy with it....then you have found your spot. Be sure to ask the people in the area if they mind...or if you can camp in an area. It is always good to be nice to your neighbors....unless they are @$$#013$....then return the favor (just kidding...most are good).
It is typically hot...so look for a shady area if at all possible.
Go to the topic on the general page and look at the maps and study them. Make a copy to carry with you.....and very importantly...remember where you camped and how to get to your site. At 2 am....everything will look differently. You don't want to be walking half the night or longer trying to find where you set up.
There are usually some empty...yet good sites over by the Horse Stables...not to be confused with Horse Camp Road.....which is mostly reserved anyway.
Remember...the earlier you get there....the better. And don't arrive at night unless totally necessary. For one thing it is hard to find sites at night...and then it is hard to set up at night. Finally, it is hard to know your area.
Hope this helps.....if not....I'll try again.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:17 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

such wrote:
our first time going .getting there Wednesday any suggestions.

Yeah, get there the Wednesday before!

As stated by Rivernole.
Rivernole wrote:
There are good spots all over the park. It is according to what day you get there...as to how close you can get to the venue itself. The earlier you get there the better. I love the Lake camping area......but it fills up fast and is really congested. Oh...and I get there nearly a week in advance .......if you wait...the Lake is out of the question. There are many sites down river road.....Just make sure not to camp in a numbered location....as all of those are reserved. You have to be resourceful sometimes.....you see a little nook or cranny and you are happy with it....then you have found your spot. Be sure to ask the people in the area if they mind...or if you can camp in an area. It is always good to be nice to your neighbors....unless they are @$$#013$....then return the favor (just kidding...most are good).
It is typically hot...so look for a shady area if at all possible.
Go to the topic on the general page and look at the maps and study them. Make a copy to carry with you.....and very importantly...remember where you camped and how to get to your site. At 2 am....everything will look differently. You don't want to be walking half the night or longer trying to find where you set up.
There are usually some empty...yet good sites over by the Horse Stables...not to be confused with Horse Camp Road.....which is mostly reserved anyway.
Remember...the earlier you get there....the better. And don't arrive at night unless totally necessary. For one thing it is hard to find sites at night...and then it is hard to set up at night. Finally, it is hard to know your area.
Hope this helps.....if not....I'll try again.

...and Merry Wanee!

Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:04 am Profile
 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2