Last visit was: Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:41 pm It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:41 pm

[ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 LINE-UP 
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

Post Re: LINE-UP
yeti.....might have to sleep through them....... :oops:

Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:18 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Its weak. No doubt. No need to sugar coat.
Tell you what, if it wasted for the pigeons id be real upset. Check em out they kill.
I like pink talking phish doing pink talking phish, not ABB.
I never was a spreadhead
Phil lesh should be great
Theres a lot more that needs to be added. Too much of the same imo

Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:51 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Lover

funkengroovin wrote:
This would be a great phase 1 lineup. 25 bands to cover 4 days of music is pretty lacking. WSP and Phil are solid but they need to fill in the mid undercard. I thought last year was underwhelming, I feel like this year is even shorter. A bunch of solid low tier bands. Huge gap from headliner to low undercard bands.

This.

Exciting Phil is there. Have come to terms with Panic headlining two nights, and actually don't have a problem with it. A couple low tier bands I like (Main squeeze, PTP, Big something). Those mid tier acts are just grossly lacking in excitement. There's honestly 6 bands I'm even interested in seeing. Truthfully, if you take out Phil I think would take the Hula PRE-PARTY lineup over this entire fest lineup. I'll still probably go cause it's Wanee but come on LN.

Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:48 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
I'll still probably go cause it's Wanee but come on LN.

This is something a corporation is bound to take advantage of. The core group of attendees will make their annual pilgrimage anyway. As long as sales meet projected targets, there's no reason to spend extra on the lineup.

Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:45 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

I’m definitely part of the core group. I’ve been going since ‘08. It’s always been the highlight of my year. But I’m out this year. Going to the savannah music fest the weekend before. TTB is headlining. I’m also setting my sights on the Mule’s Island Exodus ‘19.

I was crushed when the lineup came out. Really going to miss wanee.

Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:43 am Profile
Wanee Lover

ArmeDane wrote:
handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
I'll still probably go cause it's Wanee but come on LN.

This is something a corporation is bound to take advantage of. The core group of attendees will make their annual pilgrimage anyway. As long as sales meet projected targets, there's no reason to spend extra on the lineup.

Yep, no doubt. The name Wanee, the SoSMP, and 2 nights of WSP (and their fairly large southern following) is enough for this fest to sustain at its moderate size level without any real effort from the promoters. The decision (whether conscious or not) was whether to push and try to further develop Wanee as to keep it the pre-eminent spring music festival, or accept the drop in popularity following the dissolution of ABB and be roll with it as is. The decision made is clear. LNchecked out on Wanee years ago. I love Wanee and accept that it is what it is, but at what point will it stop being profitable enough to the promoters that they shift they efforts to other things? They clearly don't put a lot of effort into it (comparatively), and the attendance has essentially been on a steady decline since I started attending in I think 2011. I don't know, rambling here but it's probably best for all involved in wanee was mannered/promoted by a different company.

Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:27 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

lineup is interesting enough for me. i thought last yr was going to be like 2012. it did not happen. abb farewell yr it was more crowded than last yr.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:31 am Profile
Wanee Fan

I find it interesting that the main complaint seems to be the underwhelming lineup and not the fact that it's gonna cost $250 per person just to get through the gate.

I'm not overly enthused by the lineup, but my main takeaway is the cost. $250 to see the same headliners two nights in a row plus a bunch of other bands that I can see in a bar or small music venue for $10 on a Thursday night.

I'm of course going, as I have since the beginning, but I'm out $500 just to walk in the door for my wife and I, and we still have to eat, drink and be merry for 3 days.

I think I agree with the general sentiment here that LN is phoning this festival in, and counting on a core group of attendees like me, plus the regional draw of WSP, to keep this ship afloat.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:17 am Profile
Wanee Fan

dinahmoehumm wrote:

I'm not overly enthused by the lineup, but my main takeaway is the cost. $250 to see the same headliners two nights in a row plus a bunch of other bands that I can see in a bar or small music venue for $10 on a Thursday night.

I'm not happy with the overall lineup either but this quote is just kind of wrong. Sure you could pay 10$ to catch Crazy Fingers at a bar but other lower card acts that's just not true. Marcus King,Big Something,PPPP are all selling out venues across the country and those tickets are around 25-30 after fees and all that. Not to mention if your not super into WSP you might not be aware but those tickets can get very pricey if you don't buy the minute they go on sale (NYE tickets are up on StubHub cheapest option being over 300$). Also Phil tickets are never cheap and I'm just grateful he's making his way to Florida to play some shows. While I also agree Live nation has given up trying to make this one of the top festivals, I'm just happy we're getting another Wanee

Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:12 am Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

TTB is playing in Tallahassee in April......the cheapest good seats I could find were around $200 for a couple hour concert......
there are some GA tickets for around $75-100...but that is sitting way in the back and sitting on grass.....
I checked on Tix to the Christmas Jam (Warren) and those are going for even more than that.....
True....this is through TicketBastard...as the venue has sold out.....but still....
So yeah.....ticket prices have basically gone through the roof for the better bands.......

Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:33 am Profile
 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next