Last visit was: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:24 pm It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:24 pm

[ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Sunshine Music Fest 2018 
Wanee Fan

Post Re: Sunshine Music Fest 2018
Don't know what Mizner's like, but Vinoy sucks unless you can spring for the big $$$ tickets. Us regular folks, who might wear tennis shoes or an occasional python boot, are stuck in the rear staring at the backs of rich guy heads.

Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:54 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

At Meisner, you can almost see and hear everything from the Main Street Downtown people will bring their own chairs and set up "camp"! But really, GA Tix get you ok viewing.

Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:25 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Yep, Eric is right on with that. The paid seating area in front of the stage is about 80 chairs wide by 40 chairs deep. A similar sized area of sro behind that, plus some thinner areas to either side of the seats, plus the thin area to the right is a breezeway leading to the large grass area where 2nd stage resides.

Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:54 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Sometimes I just go from one side of the breezeway to the other !!!

Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:01 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

That's good to know about Mizner. I thought Vinoy was pretty bad actually. I get pretty ticked when I encounter "the rope," along with a dude stationed at the entrance to keep the great unwashed masses from defiling the magical area within. Just because I'm not part of the jet set doesn't mean I should be relegated to the cheap seats at an outdoor festival. VIP sections that take up the entire front of the stage is contrary to the egalitarian spirit of music festivals in my opinion. An area to accommodate folks with disabilities? Absolutely. But reserving the entire front of the stage at an outdoor festival for the beautiful people pisses me off. Rant complete.

Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:38 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

dinahmoehumm wrote:
...VIP sections that take up the entire front of the stage is contrary to the egalitarian spirit of music festivals in my opinion. An area to accommodate folks with disabilities? Absolutely. But reserving the entire front of the stage at an outdoor festival for the beautiful people pisses me off. Rant complete.

Agreed.

I don't actually even know how to get those closest seats for Vinoy. Last year I jumped on tix, the first available to anyone, which were via the TTB website. Got first row for Mizner, which is actually ten feet from the stage, and 2nd or 3rd row for Vinoy. At Vinoy, I was behind an entire section. They must have that whole first section for patrons or something. I'm not sure those are even publicly available.

Vinoy is a much larger space than Mizner... the energy is great at Mizner because of that... everyone is squeezed together for a good time :D :D :D

Of course, the Boca factor was evident at Mizner... right behind us, there was a half dozen people, all dressed to go to the FOOTBALL GAME, with their iPads, watching the game, hooting and hollering scores and such, all during JRAD. Jesus Christ on a tricycle, there's three sports bars right down the street. Go there.

:?

Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:13 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

I'm with you Bob. A number of years ago we went to a festival in Gulfport, Mississippi. Gregg was the headliner. They had a fairly large roped off area to the front and left of the stage for the cheese tray and chardonnay crowd. They spent most of their time blabbing away, taking selfies and playing grab ass with each other. I don't think most of them really knew anything about Gregg, other than that he was married to Cher in the '70s.

Meanwhile, on the knuckle dragging heathen side of the rope, we were having a ball.

Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:27 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

That's what I said.... sometimes I go from one side of the breezeway to the other... to avoid those $!&"/?! Talkers !!!

Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:35 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

I have an old Jazz Fest buddy, Ohio knows him I think... back in the 1980s he was at some outdoor venue near DC, bought the VIP tix at a table up front for Emmylou. We are talking 1980s, totally in her prime, Emmylou Harris. One of my bud's absolute favorites.

So he's at the show with his friends, and the next table over, some K Street dirtbag spent half of Emmy's set talking loudly into one of those 80s era brick cell phones... the ones only CEOs and venture capitalists and such could afford. So he finally confronted the guy, who summoned security... four goons each grab a limb, and toss my buddy out, as he's protesting WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?? AM I IN COMMUNIST POLAND NOW??
:lol: :lol: :lol:

He can tell it better than I can... it was a cautionary tale, for what music enthusiasts everywhere must deal with now, and for the foreseeable future.
:ugeek:

Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:40 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

I'm sure we could have an entire thread devoted to "things that piss me off at music festivals." :lol:

Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:59 pm Profile
 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next