Last visit was: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:23 pm It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:23 pm




 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 As The Crow Flies? 
Author Message
Wanee Peach

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:12 pm
Posts: 43
Post Re: As The Crow Flies?
Meh... I like CRB and Black Crowes but i would rather have someone else in that 3rd Headliner role.

Saw that Moe. was getting back on the road. I was really hoping it was going to be them.


Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:22 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:54 am
Posts: 96
Location: Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Post Re: As The Crow Flies?
SkyDog wrote:
Meh... I like CRB and Black Crowes but i would rather have someone else in that 3rd Headliner role.

Saw that Moe. was getting back on the road. I was really hoping it was going to be them.


Agreed. Moe. would be great, along with Umph, maybe some Honey Island Swamp Band, and of course Mule.

Wanee without Warren seems somehow wrong.


Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:38 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:22 pm
Posts: 1450
Location: South Florida
Post Re: As The Crow Flies?
Wanee without Warren Is wrong.... here's to hoping anyway?!

_________________
ENJOY EVERY SANDWICH


Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:47 pm Profile
♫♫ Wanee Master ♫♫

Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:43 pm
Posts: 6530
Post Re: As The Crow Flies?
iluvtopanic wrote:
I sure hope so it want be Wanee without Warren.


Ummm, Warren wasn't at Mountain Jam... And it started as HIS festival! :(

_________________
Miss you all!


Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:10 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:07 pm
Posts: 1110
Post Re: As The Crow Flies?
Do people actually still care about the Black Crowes? I know I don't. So the top 5-6 bands, two are Chris Robinson bands. Meh indeed.


Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:48 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:33 pm
Posts: 1967
Post Re: As The Crow Flies?
hopefully we see old crow medicine show on spring reunions lineup. :shock:


Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:04 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:54 am
Posts: 96
Location: Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Post Re: As The Crow Flies?
handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
Do people actually still care about the Black Crowes? I know I don't. So the top 5-6 bands, two are Chris Robinson bands. Meh indeed.


I don't know hands, in my opinion the Black Crowes were a pretty stellar band in their prime. They were great live and they translated well in the studio.

Your mileage may vary of course, and as always, objects in mirror may appear closer than they actually are.


Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:16 am Profile
Wanee Fan

Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:46 pm
Posts: 132
Post Re: As The Crow Flies?
https://www.jambase.com/article/chris-r ... lies-wanee

CR confirms it's him leading the set


Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:22 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:16 am
Posts: 154
Post Re: As The Crow Flies?
Makes one wonder how much $ Live Nation is saving with all these 2 fers; Panic, Phil, and now Robinson. I understand it's a business but how do you expect to increase your revenue w/o improving the product?
Or maybe they just really don't care as they have bigger fish to fry...
A single Beyonce show averaging $200 per ticket with 45,000 average ticket sale is 9 million alone. Figure $250 per ticket @ Wanee with 20k tickets sold is only is half that and a lot less headache.
I do believe i answered my own question, but no Mule sucks.

_________________
art fills space, music fills time


Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:36 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:54 am
Posts: 96
Location: Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Post Re: As The Crow Flies?
nomad wrote:
Makes one wonder how much $ Live Nation is saving with all these 2 fers; Panic, Phil, and now Robinson. I understand it's a business but how do you expect to increase your revenue w/o improving the product?
Or maybe they just really don't care as they have bigger fish to fry...
A single Beyonce show averaging $200 per ticket with 45,000 average ticket sale is 9 million alone. Figure $250 per ticket @ Wanee with 20k tickets sold is only is half that and a lot less headache.
I do believe i answered my own question, but no Mule sucks.


You've made a great point Nomad, and one I hadn't thought about. Because of all the double billing, Wanee is really a two day festival and not a three day festival. Double billing keeps people there for a third day, which makes the vendors happy, which make Live Nation happy, etc.

Lather, rinse, repeat.


Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:40 pm Profile
 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Choopa.net/ahrefs.com[Bot], Google [Bot], Yandex [RU Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Intentional bypassing of the word filter will lead to user banning. The forum is used by all ages and walks of life and your respect for that is appreciated.
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.