Last visit was: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:37 am It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:37 am

[ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 ROOTS 
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: ROOTS
Rivernole wrote:
Where are you camping Bbob????
Is your son coming???
I will have room if you want to camp with me. Would love to have you :D

Thanks for the offer! I'll be with my usual Magfest/Springfest crew, right up the road from Slopryland, other side of the lake from y'all. Mikey is on board! :D ... he was gonna miss it, but his other thing fell through (probably eating $700 in airfare there :| )... so he's on board for Roots now.

Looking forward to getting up in the woods again; we were there for Wanee of course, but we missed the spring festival due to a wedding...

Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:08 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

subtle changes for their schedule. katie skein now has two slots. really like the earlier sets. :)

Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:33 pm Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

Got my bags packed....
wanted to go over today...to just camp....but with storm threat I decided to stay home....
MONDAY!
MONDAY!!
MONDAY!!!

Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:28 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

I'm a little bummed I only got to make for Fri & Sat but I saw a ton of good music. That Lee Boys set on the porch stage was one of my favorite sets I've seen at the park. Also really enjoyed Donna the Buffalo, not sure how I've never listened to them before but they are really good. Can any of you fine folks here give me some song titles that they played?? (Especially ones with accordian or tambourine)

Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:48 am Profile
Wanee Lover

what a fun fest. ;) only the second time ive ever seen the wood bros. the first time they were so-so but this time they were a grate headliner. the band of the fest i/m/opinion was grass is dead. saw two of their three sets. they are on fire. other good sets i liked shawn camp, dtb, s/c/rangers, and katie skien. the odd ball of the lineup was those pine box dwellers. they were so good i saw them the second time in the music hall. overall the heat really did not bother me. wednes afternoon was a sweat box but for the rest of the weekend there was a nice breeze. nice to see all the friends.

Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:02 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Dr.dab wrote:
Also really enjoyed Donna the Buffalo, not sure how I've never listened to them before but they are really good. Can any of you fine folks here give me some song titles that they played?? (Especially ones with accordian or tambourine)

Ack. I just tried to find set lists; as usual it's near impossible for Donna the Buffalo.

For the Saturday set, I do know they played Riddle of the Universe (Jeb was on pedal steel for that, a rarity, and the tune as well!), and ummm ... some other tunes.... I'm tired! :P

Anyways! The Donna fanbase has withered in its online support. There used to be several www pages that kept up with set lists, song lyrics, etc. but not anymore. Here's your best bet: keep an eye on this page:

https://www.youtube.com/user/dababe44/videos

Mark (DaBabe) videos most of the Donna shows, and he will have the latest Suwannee sets uploaded soon (I hope! :D )... generally, there's a set list in the video descriptions. He's got lots of older Donna sets on his page, if you need a Donna fix. Along with tons of other worthy artists...

My view is that Donna killed it this weekend. Lots of old gems, and the band was in fine form, even though they had a sub on the keys (David is on maternity leave). A great weekend!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:28 am Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

A great weekend indeed......! If you could withstand the heat.....
Great music...!!!
I can't name all the great shows I saw....
but the Lee Boys killed it....
as did the Wood Brothers...
and Donna is always Donna......really good.
Mother's Finest rocked the house....
So many more....including the Pine Box Dwellers who I saw for the first time.....

Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:31 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

since they were selling only next yrs fall tickets at the fest we were speculating a new promoter maybe coming in for the spring.

Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:00 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

there are a few youtubes available but thats it. some geek must have a few tapes? during belas set with his wife on the mushroom stage the sound needed to be turned up. also her voice seemed mumbled. thanks to everyone at that set as well as Rowans with jack cassidy for not talking to loud. most respectful crowd ever hung with at the music park

Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:30 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

whole lot of love wrote:
there are a few youtubes available but thats it. some geek must have a few tapes? during belas set with his wife on the mushroom stage the sound needed to be turned up. also her voice seemed mumbled. thanks to everyone at that set as well as Rowans with jack cassidy for not talking to loud. most respectful crowd ever hung with at the music park

Only at SOSMP! Great to hear...

Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:37 pm Profile
 [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next