Last visit was: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:30 pm It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:30 pm

[ 8 posts ] 
 Bonnaroo 2017 
Wanee Wizard

Post Bonnaroo 2017
Bonnaroo. Big festival! Yes it is. Big names: Red Hot Chili Peppers, and U2. Of course, there's dozens of other worthy acts.

I'm going.

I'm taking Mikey.

Icing on the cake?

We're going VIP.

Hope that last bit gives gives you a chuckle. I can scarcely believe it my own self.
:D :D :D

Happy Monday y'all! :ugeek:

Mon May 22, 2017 8:10 am Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

Post Re: Bonnaroo 2017
You go Bob!!!

How do find time for work is what I want to know......???

Mon May 22, 2017 9:01 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Bob.....fest much? How do you do it, and can I join in?

Mon May 22, 2017 11:13 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Well folks, I do work for a good company, that gives me a bunch of vacation time (cuz I have almost 30 years with them), though it's probably stingy compared to the Europeans.

I am blowing through most of that vaca time in the next couple months, on a couple fests, and a couple family visits. Saving some days for Roots Revival of course.

I do have the big ticket stuff paid off... being happy with an okay house, and not having expensive hobbies, helps. Having had just the one kid, helps A LOT.

I was just telling a coworker today: 30 years ago, there was stuff I wanted to do: Hey let's not just go to the Dead in Cleveland, let's go to the next show in Indianapolis! I didn't go, cuz I never had the extra $40 for a motel room. I was never a tour rat; I always had a day job... I liked the security of a paycheck... so the lot hustle was never for me.

Today I got the time, and the funds, to do cool stuff. So why da fuq not, eh? I got a great running partner to do it with me. Those days are numbered ... one day, he's gonna ditch me to hang out with some pretty gal. As it should be.

I do feel blessed, even as little things annoy me. But they are just little things... Volkemon just posted about an incident, which contained a valuable lesson. I'm trying to keep it in mind.
:)

~~~~~~~~~~~

(as for how/why Bonnaroo? I'm friends with a guy that takes his RV every year... he had some room this time; some folks bailed out on him, and so he offered for Mikey and me to join him. Easy peasy: show up at his place, hop in and go. I would never have thought to rent an RV and odyssey my way up to east TN. This one basically fell in my lap... all I had to do was say yes... and abuse the credit card some more :P )

Mon May 22, 2017 2:34 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Good for you! ENJOY !!!

Mon May 22, 2017 3:22 pm Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

You need to change your name to
FestieBob
or FestivalBob

As long as you are doing what you enjoy....enjoy every sammich....

Mon May 22, 2017 5:54 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Thank you my friends.

With the horror of last night over in England... I sure could use some Wanee hugs. Surely, we could all use a lift up.

To better days! Y'all rock. :)

Tue May 23, 2017 12:42 pm Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

Here is my hug for you bob....
so effing sad the shape of the world right now.....

Tue May 23, 2017 12:46 pm Profile
 [ 8 posts ]