Last visit was: Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:56 am It is currently Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:56 am

[ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Delayed lineup announcement. 
Wanee Veteran

Post Delayed lineup announcement.
Moved announcement to Weds the 13th. This is not a good look. I really hope they don't shoot themselves in the foot launching this late.

Thankfully the park logistics are not very difficult to navigate. It is a plug and play venue.

I still cannot help but think a 3 day festival with less than 2 months notice is not going to be very well attended.
Even if this a dream lineup it is going to be tough for most people to fit in their schedule.

I really think they should have postponed and went in full force next year. They don't have adequate marketing time and are really running the risk of a fyre sized flop.

This delay is not encouraging, failure to launch.

Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:27 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Post Re: Delayed lineup announcement.
I have the same concerns. I appreciate the effort to restore something Wanee-like in hopes of growing it into something amazing down the road.

But, they have to do something that makes money or else there won't be a future.

Just have to hope Paul, etc. have been working some magic silently!

Last edited by HappyEER on Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:34 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Heck, to judge from the responses on FB, set up a vending tent with Diapers, pacifiers and lunchables for the incredible crowd of crybabies.

Probably double the revenue from gate. :lol:

Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:40 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

I’ll be there!

I believe they planned on a smaller event this year. Fingers crossed it’s WSP.
It’s gonna be a good line up, and it’s going to hard for regulars to stay away.

Umphreys
Gov Mule
Dumpsta
Hot Tuna
Marcus King
Pink Talking Phish
Leftover Salmon
JRAD
NMAS
Billy Strings

Just to name a few

Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:13 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

HappyEER wrote:
I have the same concerns. I appreciate the effort to restore something Wanee-like in hopes of growing it into something amazing down the road.

But, they have to do something that makes money or else there won't be a future.

Just have to hope Paul, etc. have been working some magic silently!

In my opinion you can't win at this point. Too little on the lineup and no one goes and the first year goes down as a flop. Go too big and run the risk of losing a bunch of money.

I know I am not alone in that we have made other plans for spring. They could book a dream lineup and I probably wouldn't be able to go. I would have to cancel another trip to make it

I feel this is incredibly risky at this point. A 3 day festival is very ambitious with your demographic having about 7 weeks to prepare.

I hope them the best but I really hope this doesn't bury Paul. I know he is having some financial issues from Hula and this seems like a desperation move.

Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:14 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

NC/Wanee wrote:
I’ll be there!

I believe they planned on a smaller event this year. Fingers crossed it’s WSP.
It’s gonna be a good line up, and it’s going to hard for regulars to stay away.

Umphreys
Gov Mule
Dumpsta
Hot Tuna
Marcus King
Pink Talking Phish
Leftover Salmon
JRAD
NMAS
Billy Strings

Just to name a few

That would be great but man that is not a cheap lineup by any means. That would be risky as all get out right now.

Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:18 pm Profile
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

Volkemon wrote:
Heck, to judge from the responses on FB, set up a vending tent with Diapers, pacifiers and lunchables for the incredible crowd of crybabies.

Hey, there's a market out there for this kind of thing...

Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:51 pm Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

Volkemon wrote:

"Who you calling a crybaby, Willis?"

Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:46 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

What’s the deal with the Hula losing money thing. Heard a couple people mention it here, but what are the details? It seemed exceptionally well attended, every option they had sold out, seemed to be just as many (if not more vendors) , etc. Why’d it lose money?

Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:30 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
What’s the deal with the Hula losing money thing. Heard a couple people mention it here, but what are the details? It seemed exceptionally well attended, every option they had sold out, seemed to be just as many (if not more vendors) , etc. Why’d it lose money?

Think they just lost track of expenses. Here is the statement that was posted by the organizers. Classy announcement in my opinion.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hulaween/comme ... t_payment/

Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:45 pm Profile
 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next