Last visit was: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:21 pm It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:21 pm

[ 2900 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 285, 286, 287, 288, 289, 290  Next
 What Music Are You Listening To? 
Wanee Fan

Post Re: What Music Are You Listening To?
https://youtu.be/vcZOHrF8Yt0 Jamming to some cough medicine

Just a heads up to you guys that aren't on facebook, Brett from Grandpas Cough Medicine announced that he's ending the band and starting up something new. He's got some dates up on his facebook page

Mon May 14, 2018 11:11 am Profile
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

I'm supportive of Brett and his new venture, but I'm sad over the breakup of the band. GCM is one of the bands that made me stop, reevaluate my opinion then appreciate this type of music.

Mon May 14, 2018 11:55 am Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

I loved their music. The first time I heard them ...I was totally flabbergasted how good they were. Yet, over the years....they seemed to get even better. Sadly, a couple left the band and he picked up more talented musicians...and they carried on. I enjoyed them to the end.
He was such a Beer Truck Drivin' Man....
Gonna miss them at Roots...for sure...for sure....

Mon May 14, 2018 4:08 pm Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

And I forgot to ask....
What is his new venture???

Mon May 14, 2018 4:09 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Rivernole wrote:
And I forgot to ask....
What is his new venture???

It's called Brett Bass and Melted Plectrum

Mon May 14, 2018 4:36 pm Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

Hell...I thought that was a pick.....
silly me.

Mon May 14, 2018 6:00 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Rivernole wrote:
I loved their music. The first time I heard them ...I was totally flabbergasted how good they were. Yet, over the years....they seemed to get even better. Sadly, a couple left the band and he picked up more talented musicians...and they carried on. I enjoyed them to the end.
He was such a Beer Truck Drivin' Man....
Gonna miss them at Roots...for sure...for sure....
AndieBee wrote:
I'm supportive of Brett and his new venture, but I'm sad over the breakup of the band. GCM is one of the bands that made me stop, reevaluate my opinion then appreciate this type of music.

The music is NOT over! :lol: In Bretts Words -

Brett Bass wrote:
Well folks, I do believe I've ridden this train to the end of the rails and am excited for something new. Today will be the last gig we play as "Grandpa's Cough Medicine". I'll be moving back home to Florida, re-branding under my own name and rolling out a full schedule of shows with the new band I've assembled there.

As the founder of GCM, I feel comfortable closing that book after 10+ years and multiple lineup changes. It's been fun, and I'll be forever grateful for all the great experiences I've had at the helm, but I plan on moving away from the pigeon hole of being an "outlaw". A lot of those songs just don't represent the way I feel or who I am anymore and I don't intend to continue giving them stage time.

The new band is going to be a more family-friendly affair, which is not to say I'm going soft, but more that I have matured as a person/songwriter and want to use my public platform in a more responsible manner. The glorification of violence is the main thing I aim to leave behind, because that's where my heart is at. This world has enough of it without my help.

To those of you who will be disappointed by this news, you have my condolences, but I gotta do what I gotta do. To those of you who are excited to hear I'll still be playing high energy, gutsy original bluegrass, then please stick around to follow the journey of Brett Bass and Melted Plectrum, the upcoming schedule will be announced soon.

Endless love and gratitude to everyone who's ever supported us, I appreciate it more than I can express. Onward and upward.
See you soon Florida friends,

Brett Bass

Fil Pate wrote:
I have been asked to join a high energy Bluegrass band with my good friend Brett Bass, an award winning flatpick guitar, dobro player and singer who has captured audiences for years all around the nation!

We have spoken of this chance for a long time and it is finally upon us!!

The new band is called Brett Bass and Melted Plectrum a quartet with upright bass, guitar, banjo and mandolin

Christina stopped by to see Pattie and I at Wanee and gave us a heads up, but it was still not a public thing. Things are well with Brett and Christina, and they have been and will be making beautiful music for the foreseeable future.

Pattie said Christina 'Had a Glow' about her... :shock: :o ;) That might convince an outlaw to change his ways...

Rivernole wrote:
Hell...I thought that was a pick.....
silly me.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You were correct. Plectrum is the 'correct' name for a pick.

This was posted on FB, and I am in full agreement -

For years I thought I was following Grandpa's Cough Medicine when I was really following Brett Bass!

Attachment:
happytrio.jpg

Appearing JULY 14 at Iron Oak Post in Melbourne! With BEANS!!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue May 15, 2018 5:10 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

My quip from a few years ago about Grandpa's Cough Medicine, was that they liked to break up the monotony of drinking songs with an occasional song about cocaine.
:D

Interesting that Brett Bass mentions a change in subject matter being an impetus for this change. Wishing Brett & co. success with the new gig. He's a badass picker and a fine performer.

Tue May 15, 2018 8:46 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Coming to Melbourne July 14. I might have to check that out. A new direction might be good, but I still hope he sprinkles in a few classic GCM tunes.

Tue May 15, 2018 9:04 am Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

Thanks for the follow-up Volke...
I can always depend on you to keep me straight....(or close to it).

Tue May 15, 2018 9:55 am Profile
 [ 2900 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 285, 286, 287, 288, 289, 290  Next