Last visit was: Sun May 19, 2019 9:42 pm It is currently Sun May 19, 2019 9:42 pm

[ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 no purple hatters? 
Wanee Lover

Post no purple hatters?
just noticed :?:

Sun May 05, 2019 6:19 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Post Re: no purple hatters?
Yeah.

I think i remember seeing a statement put out after last years, but i still forgot until I went looking after Rising to see if it was something I could make this year. Guess not.

Not sure what happened, finances dried out I guess. I never made it to a Purple Hatters, considered it a couple times but it never worked out. Heard mostly greatly things, some meh things, but either way sad to see yet another fest go.

Mon May 06, 2019 7:57 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Was there official announcement of them Axing it, or are we just going by the fact that it should be on by now? After Rising, I was actually considering it This year. I once needed to store my camper on my way home from NC a couple years ago. We were going to suwanee Clusterpluck, and I was driving south right past the park 3 weeks before cluster, and it was well worth the money to not have to drag it 8+ hours, so we called and they had room, but I didn't realize I was pulling in to store it the saturday of PHB. I only drove in and around the loop, but it seemed like a cool vibe and I have only heard good things.

Mon May 06, 2019 4:05 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Since it is always the first weekend in June, at this point I would say it is definitely off. The music hall is booked with acts every weekend in June, & the promoter is the same as Hulaween which would have already sold early bird tickets by this time of year.

Wed May 08, 2019 7:08 am Profile
Wanee Lover

I’m fairly certain there was an official announcement.

Thu May 09, 2019 9:29 am Profile
♫♫ Wanee Master ♫♫

I don't think there was ever an official announcement. Paul had put so much energy into the whole Hula thing but still pulled off a spectacular Suwannee Rising. He recently posting a picture of himself with Rachel. I think the PHB energy was subsumed into Suwannee Rising. Perhaps Margie Weiss (Rachel's mom) and Paul decided to put it to rest. June is hot, and the rain can be a bitch. When it was early May, it was nice, but now there are other things clogging the calendar.

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Sat May 11, 2019 11:36 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

^^ That all makes a lot of sense.

FWIW... and this is STRICTLY RUMOR... I read on the Facebook yesterday that this year is on hiatus, but that the plan is to resurrect Purple Hatter's Ball in 2020. Yah, this is me saying: people are saying
:? :lol: :roll:

AS I said: this is RUMOR ONLY. Heck, that leaves everyone plenty of time to get ready. :D

IMO, that amounts to a long shot. I cannot count how many festivals that were initially labeled as 'taking a year off', that never returned. All the best to the folks involved, I'm not looking to put the whammy on things down the road. May Rachel's memory and legacy never die... For those fans of Purple Hatters Ball, there is still hope. But apparently no event in 2019.

Mon May 13, 2019 9:26 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

beach bob wrote:

IMO, that amounts to a long shot. I cannot count how many festivals that were initially labeled as 'taking a year off', that never returned.

How dare you, Sir! You can not expect to have a music festival on the same weekend as Easter. The good Christian folks over at live nation knew this. And Being that they are good Christians, i expect a 1 year hiatus can not be a lie. For that would be a sin.

Nay!!! A COMMANDMENT VIOLATION!!!

Maybe Both?

Where's the Reverend??

Mon May 13, 2019 12:36 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Where is the <SUPER BIG SMILEY I WOULD KISS YOUR YOUNGER SISTER LUSTILY AND HAPPILY TAKE THE BEATDOWN CUZ IT WAS TOTALLY WORTH IT> like button?

Mon May 13, 2019 5:15 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

i miss L/Nation :o

Tue May 14, 2019 6:38 am Profile
 [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next