Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:13 pm It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:13 pm

[ 75 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Rising - Anyone know how many tickets were sold? 
Wanee Mushroom

Post Rising - Anyone know how many tickets were sold?
I hear like 2000 but I find it hard to believe and kinda disappointing if true.

What says you?

I went to Brainquility and that sold 2000 tickets and it was a fun but there were empty campsites everywhere. You could easily have just rolled into one and hooked up for free

If Hula brings is 20K and Wannee like 14k, I thought Rising would bring in at least 5k. Thats a healthy number

Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:12 am Profile WWW
Wanee Fan

Post Re: Rising - Anyone know how many tickets were sold?
Thejainhand wrote:
I hear like 2000 but I find it hard to believe and kinda disappointing if true.

What says you?

I went to Brainquility and that sold 2000 tickets and it was a fun but there were empty campsites everywhere. You could easily have just rolled into one and hooked up for free

If Hula brings is 20K and Wannee like 14k, I thought Rising would bring in at least 5k. Thats a healthy number

There is a poster on one of the Facebook groups that presumably knows this info for all of the SoS events. Brian Sapp I believe is the name.

Anyway, as of about 10 days ago, I think the number was at about 1800 for Rising. Assuming they sell 2000 tickets, that essentially puts the total count at 6000 (2000 x 3days) for Rising.

Quite small, but it may be enough if I'm understanding correctly that the park charges per stage and such.

Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:34 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Hmmmmm Not sure I understand what you’re saying. If 2000 tickets are sold and that’s 2000 attendees total. Just because it’s a three day festival doesn’t mean that it’s 6000 tickets

Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:50 am Profile WWW
Wanee Wizard

Thejainhand wrote:
Hmmmmm Not sure I understand what you’re saying. If 2000 tickets are sold and that’s 2000 attendees total. Just because it’s a three day festival doesn’t mean that it’s 6000 tickets

Incorrect.

The usual and customary way to count festival attendance, is number of bodies per day, totaled for each of the days the event runs.

This count method was established for fests that have per day ticketing and (presumably) no camping, E.G., a typical fest in a city like Bumbershoot or 420 Sweetwater.

So when it comes to a place like SOSMP, where you buy a multi-day wristband, it 'seems like' the attendance is padded. For a three day fest, you get counted three times. But this is typically how it's done.

Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:04 pm Profile
♫♫ Wanee Master ♫♫

Paul was saddled with the Hula mess and wasn't able to announce earlier. I certainly hope we get a big walk-up and more people purchasing now.

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:46 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Thejainhand wrote:

That was the thought at Spring Reunion also...until they started towing cars. The park is collecting revenue from camping spots, they are not going to tolerate theft of services.

beach bob wrote:

The usual and customary way to count festival attendance, is number of bodies per day, totaled for each of the days the event runs.

This count method was established for fests that have per day ticketing and (presumably) no camping, E.G., a typical fest in a city like Bumbershoot or 420 Sweetwater.

So when it comes to a place like SOSMP, where you buy a multi-day wristband, it 'seems like' the attendance is padded. For a three day fest, you get counted three times. But this is typically how it's done.

TRUE!!

Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:45 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

beach bob wrote:
Thejainhand wrote:

Incorrect.

OK so then what you’re saying is for a festival like hula that’s four days and sold 20,000 tickets that’s really only 5000 tickets? That just doesn’t make sense to me because Hula every nook and cranny is packed with people

Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:11 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Wizard

You're still confusing tix sold, with attendance. Hulaween publicly says that they aren't selling more than ?? What is it these days? 20k or 25k tickets sold. So yeah, that's the number of tickets sold.

BUT! Hardly any of these fests publicize solid, verified attendance figures. All I ever hear are estimates from us patrons, and occasionally second or third hand figures, from folks who know production people. You ever hear the ATTENDANCE number for Hula? I haven't.

Anyways, it's kind of academic. If you've been to SOSMP a few times, you can see the diff btw 20k-ish at Hulaween, and 3-5k for SpringFest or whatever.

BTW, *I* am not saying anything this way or that. It's just a plain ol' fact that when it comes to determining festival attendance, admits for each day, Thur, Fri, and Sat (or whatever days of the week the thing runs), are all added together to determine total attendance for the event. This is how attendance is counted, NO MATTER WHERE IT IS HELD. That's the way it's done.

Number of tix sold, is a different thing.

Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:06 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

It still makes absolutely no sense to me. Hula ween advertise that they were capping their ticket sales at 20,000. So if they sold 20,000 tickets for a festival like that you could be sure 19,800 people showed up and maybe 200 no-shows.
So on a Saturday at the peak of attendance there are 19800 people at the stages and the campgrounds. It’s a crap load of people.
So according to what you guys are saying since the four day fest it’s technically 80,000 attendees. That’s really dumb but OK.

I guess were talking about the same thing but were using different systems. If Halloween sells out 20,000 tickets on a four-day festival that’s 80,000 attendees even though it’s really 20,000 of the same people. For the most part.
So at aura fast which maybe sold 2000 tickets we’re talking 6000 so-called attendees and the same for rising.
My original question was just to gauge how many tickets were sold and what kind of crowd to expect so if it’s 2000 tickets sold it will be a very very small crowd just like it was for brain quality

Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:37 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Lover

I think 2000 tickets with such a late announcement is pretty good. Next year should have more than a two month window to sell tickets. Also a lot of people probably visited this site seen Wanee was cancelled and don’t even know of the new fest or made other plans 420 or such. The lineup is not very costly so money should be made.

Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:36 pm Profile
 [ 75 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next