Last visit was: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:39 pm It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:39 pm

[ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 EXIT 111 festival 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: EXIT 111 festival
beach bob wrote:
handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
Any suggestion besides Roots and Hula, looking for jam band heavy.

Probably somewhat on the far edge of your taste, but there's Hangtown Music Fest in October, all the way over there in Californy. We went last year and I wanna go back. A great fest, quite small, maybe 3000 peeps? And three nights of my very favorite, Railroad Earth... but if they ain't your thing, it's not gonna look quite as attractive. We took a few extra days and routed our air travel via Reno, which let us motor around Donner Pass and Lake Tahoe. It was a pretty great trip. My buds that live in Sacramento can hip ya to great mountain hiking in the area if that's your thing.

Hangtown Music Festival
Oct. 24 through 27, 2019
El Dorado County Fairgrounds, Placerville CA

Three nights of Railroad Earth
Greensky Bluegrass
Dark Star Orchestra
The Wood Brothers
The Motet
Anders Osborne
The Lil Smokies
Cory Wong (of Vulfpeck)
Steve Poltz
Joe Craven & the Sometimers
Lindsay Lou
Marty O’Reilly and the Old Soul Orchestra
Organ Freeman
Pixie & The Partygrass Boys
Dirty Revival
The Higgs
World’s Finest
The Golden Cadillacs
Jubilee

...and more to be announced.

Hangtown will also feature late night shows, Halloween costume themes, craft beer from Sierra Nevada brewery, wine, artisanal cuisine, arts and craft fair, pumpkin carving, yoga and more. The KidZone at the Hangtown Music Festival is a safe and magical place where kids and parents can participate in fun and creative activities such as monster art, wizardry, dance parties and much more.

Nice rec! This is the most promising option I’ve seen yet. A friend of mine who lives in Cali has been and said how awesome it was. This will be a consideration for me! Thank you!

Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:46 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: EXIT 111 festival
De nada, my friend.

Do be advised that if you are thinking about camping for that one (we stayed at a mom & pop motel in town), the camping is very spartan. Basically, one large flat unpaved (= dirt and rocks) lot, carved into a hill. There are trees on the edge of this lot on one or two sides; these potentially shady spots are the most desirable. My friends who live nearby in Sacramento just slept in their camper topped pickup truck. The peeps who RV on site, are *really* on site.

Having been used to the expanse of the Suwannee, Hangtown does seem a bit like 12lbs of festival stuffed in a 6lb box. But it works out. Lots of friendly people. And they spiffy up the place nice... carved pumpkins and such everywhere. Even my wife, only a middling music fan, and pretty much 'over' doing festivals, really enjoyed it.

Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:13 am Profile
 [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2