Last visit was: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:38 pm It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:38 pm

[ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 EXIT 111 festival 
Wanee Wizard

Post EXIT 111 festival

Got Maestro written all over it. :D

And with WANEE overlap.... Blackberry Smoke! Cheap Trick! SKYNYRD!!! :lol:

Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:02 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: EXIT 111 festival
Oh Great Spirit...

WHAT HAVE WE DONE TO DESERVE THIS??

:shock:

Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:35 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Just when you thought festivals in Manchester, TN couldn’t get any worse...

Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:02 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Come on guys, not really my preferred genre, but it does look like a pretty full lineup. Prolly a LOT of fun. I like a few of them, dont know most. Like roots. :lol:

Not bad tix price $189 for 3 days... and $50 for the car and 20x20.

$800 for a 50A RV slot however... :shock:

https://www.exit111festival.com/tickets/

Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:22 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

And they say us hippie types are living in the past...

At least Kelly Bundy liked Anthrax.

See what happens when the Anthrax fellas eat the mystery meat from the Bundy fridge~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkokDcb7Q4A

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:45 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Anyways, what else we got going on here, besides ripping on a fest none of us will go to?

I realize I sound like that guy that says 'It ain't the Grateful Dead without Pigpen'... but to me, it ain't Guns N' Roses without Izzy. They do seem to have most of the other guys back on board though. And two(!) keyboard players.
:mrgreen:

To Volke's point: for the headbanger faithful, this one is a no-brainer. October would be a nice, potentially brisk time of year to fist pump your way around the farm. I anticipate plenty of titty flashing.
:ugeek:

[PS - Volke, check your Facebook... I tagged you on a gig up your way this weekend: Earl's Hideaway in Sebastian. Sunday afternoon show with some of my SoFla favorites. A good time is guaranteed.]

Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:34 am Profile
Wanee Lover

beach bob wrote:
. I anticipate plenty of titty flashing.
:

[PS - Volke, check your Facebook... I tagged you on a gig up your way this weekend: Earl's Hideaway in Sebastian. Sunday afternoon show with some of my SoFla favorites. A good time is guaranteed.]

***changes mind and strongly starts considering going to Exit 111 Fest*****

Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:00 am Profile
Wanee Lover

On a serious note I was trying to find an alternative to Hula this year, a fest sometime between Sept and Nov but nothings really caught my eye. Phish late fall rumors starting to heat up, so that may be an option, but I was hoping to get back to a festie since Suwannee Rising has been my only fest of 2019. Any suggestion besides Roots and Hula, looking for jam band heavy.

Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:02 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
Any suggestion besides Roots and Hula, looking for jam band heavy.

Probably somewhat on the far edge of your taste, but there's Hangtown Music Fest in October, all the way over there in Californy. We went last year and I wanna go back. A great fest, quite small, maybe 3000 peeps? And three nights of my very favorite, Railroad Earth... but if they ain't your thing, it's not gonna look quite as attractive. We took a few extra days and routed our air travel via Reno, which let us motor around Donner Pass and Lake Tahoe. It was a pretty great trip. My buds that live in Sacramento can hip ya to great mountain hiking in the area if that's your thing.

Hangtown Music Festival
Oct. 24 through 27, 2019
El Dorado County Fairgrounds, Placerville CA

Three nights of Railroad Earth
Greensky Bluegrass
Dark Star Orchestra
The Wood Brothers
The Motet
Anders Osborne
The Lil Smokies
Cory Wong (of Vulfpeck)
Steve Poltz
Joe Craven & the Sometimers
Lindsay Lou
Marty O’Reilly and the Old Soul Orchestra
Organ Freeman
Pixie & The Partygrass Boys
Dirty Revival
The Higgs
World’s Finest
The Golden Cadillacs
Jubilee

...and more to be announced.

Hangtown will also feature late night shows, Halloween costume themes, craft beer from Sierra Nevada brewery, wine, artisanal cuisine, arts and craft fair, pumpkin carving, yoga and more. The KidZone at the Hangtown Music Festival is a safe and magical place where kids and parents can participate in fun and creative activities such as monster art, wizardry, dance parties and much more.

Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:53 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

beach bob wrote:

Cool! PM'd you there. THANK YOU!

Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:28 pm Profile
 [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next