Last visit was: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:06 pm It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:06 pm

[ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Roots Revival 2019 
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: Roots Revival 2019
I am not 100% sure, but I think there is a plug up top. Albert Simpson played a set up at the top of the beach a couple years ago at Clusterpluck. I don't remember a generator. His set was just him and his guitar (and amp/mic), so I think we would have heard a generator. Maybe a small electric pump and a garden hose would do it.

Also, what about a bilge pump with a couple of batteries in a series? It would have to last for hours I would think.

Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:31 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Good point on the 110V at the top... I have seen bands set up there also. But I am not keen on running a cord to the water... :shock:

I got a couple of these -

and checked, the head is 105'. Pretty sure thats the pump I have... it will DEFINITELY get water up to the top! :lol:

~150 GPM... YEAH!!!

Shouldnt be too noisy. Maybe I can bring enough hose to hide it around the corner to soften the noise a bit.

Bilge pump is a GREAT idea, but I dont think they have enough lift, however. Volume is a concern also. We were lucky to get 2 kids down the slide per bucket, and that was a bit shy on water
sometimes. I will have to look.

I have several Gel 12V deep cells, I may see if I can find a suitable pump. Good Idea!! Thanks.

Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:05 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Volkemon wrote:
Good point on the 110V at the top... I have seen bands set up there also. But I am not keen on running a cord to the water... :shock:

I got a couple of these -

and checked, the head is 105'. Pretty sure thats the pump I have... it will DEFINITELY get water up to the top! :lol:

~150 GPM... YEAH!!!

Shouldnt be too noisy. Maybe I can bring enough hose to hide it around the corner to soften the noise a bit.

Bilge pump is a GREAT idea, but I dont think they have enough lift, however. Volume is a concern also. We were lucky to get 2 kids down the slide per bucket, and that was a bit shy on water
sometimes. I will have to look.

I have several Gel 12V deep cells, I may see if I can find a suitable pump. Good Idea!! Thanks.

Whatever electric pump you would be running a 110V chord to would have to have the problem of water and electricity already figured out. You would just be plugging it in on shore. A little duct tape would keep sand and water out of the connection. Most of the bilge pumps i looked up are Max Head of 5 meters. That would be close, but not worth the risk of dragging it all there and not have enough. You'd need two like a lift station.

EDIT>> 5 meters would be plenty. Thats a 60 ft slide at a 22.5 degree angle. I was calculating the total height of the beach, but you'd never have a slide that long. (EDIT>> You actually Might! :lol: )

But if you already have the gas powered then do it. The noise would be an issue, but not enough to need to go spend more money.

Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:15 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

We run many submersible pumps for our ponds. They run on 110, standard outlet. Some up to 5000 g.p.h. Around 2000 g.p.h. (Cost around $1-200.00 I think.) That amount should be enough. Never electrocuted any fish yet!

Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:47 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

nickyler wrote:

Whatever electric pump you would be running a 110V chord to would have to have the problem of water and electricity already figured out. You would just be plugging it in on shore. A little duct tape would keep sand and water out of the connection. Most of the bilge pumps i looked up are Max Head of 5 meters. That would be close, but not worth the risk of dragging it all there and not have enough. You'd need two like a lift station.

Kink to any of those pumps?

This one - https://www.amazon.com/Seaflo-Heavy-Ele ... B0741FMJNT

says 4700 gph, but in the reviews is a real life report -

""Used in a recirculating sluice set-up, did pretty well with the dirty water.
However i was only actually moving about 2000 gph. Not the 4700.
5 foot run 33 inch rise"" :(

eric wrote:
We run many submersible pumps for our ponds. They run on 110, standard outlet. Some up to 5000 g.p.h. Around 2000 g.p.h. (Cost around $1-200.00 I think.) That amount should be enough. Never electrocuted any fish yet!

I see pond pumps having the same problem with the head, not volume. We have a few pond pumps at work, all on GFCI circuits for fish safety. ;)

I am willing to put a few $$ in 12/24v pumps if it makes a good slide setup that has no noise... :mrgreen:

I would love a few links to 10GPM/600 GPH pumps @ 50' head, 12/24 volt. Thats a 5 gal bucket every 30 seconds, or 2 outside hose spigots. I bet the amp draw is impressive.

BUT..

I got one of these also - use it with many hoses and two rotator heads for my lawn-
https://www.harborfreight.com/1-HP-Port ... 63320.html

110V , 70 psi (thats good for 100+ feet of head!) Suction lift of 26'... ~1200W so a quiet generator can run it 8-)

Might be a winner! GFCI is a must... Rigid inlet hose.. Off to the lab! :lol:

Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:15 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Hi, welcome to the Suwanee Slip'N'Slide Crafter's Forum!

I'm Bob and I'm on the welcoming staff... if you're new here, or have wandered by looking for archival Wanee Festival information, we have taken a new tack here. You still get all kinds of good info on whatever Suwannee fests are still viable, but there's lots of crazy man-sized crafting and tinkering going on now as well. You never know what sort of crazy things our talented tinkerers might come up with next! It might be a gizmo for fun on the water, or maybe something suited for land based giggles. You never know! Neither do I! How could I? This place has always been like herding cats... So bust out that toolbox, put on your mechanic's gloves, and join in -- it's fun!

Be sure to check in for next's week's feature article:
Little Nemo and Dory: A GFCI Saved Our Lives!

:ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:

Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:29 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

beach bob wrote:
Hi, welcome to the Suwanee Slip'N'Slide Crafter's Forum!

I'm Bob and I'm on the welcoming staff... if you're new here, or have wandered by looking for archival Wanee Festival information, we have taken a new tack here. You still get all kinds of good info on whatever Suwannee fests are still viable, but there's lots of crazy man-sized crafting and tinkering going on now as well. You never know what sort of crazy things our talented tinkerers might come up with next! It might be a gizmo for fun on the water, or maybe something suited for land based giggles. You never know! Neither do I! How could I? This place has always been like herding cats... So bust out that toolbox, put on your mechanic's gloves, and join in -- it's fun!

Be sure to check in for next's week's feature article:
Little Nemo and Dory: A GFCI Saved Our Lives!

:ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:

:lol:

Pattie said thanks. BOTH of us are in tears of laughter.

BEST POST EVER.

Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:08 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

goin to be alot fun https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kPRyzb9Z44 :o

Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:41 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

whole lot of love wrote:

Oh my yes. I lurve me some Del and the boys! Soooo good!
:mrgreen:

Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:04 am Profile
Wanee Lover

makin a stab jimmy herrings new band would be awesome. how about march 4th dancing around the campground. that sounds fun too

Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:02 pm Profile
 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next