Last visit was: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:56 pm It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:56 pm

[ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Jaimoe 
Wanee Lover

Post Jaimoe
http://www.tampabaybluesfest.com/img/mu ... erhood.jpg

Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:28 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Jaimoe
Same night as George Clinton’s Block Party Revolution Live Ft Laud.

Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:30 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Do they just stick names on events now to get web hits?

"Evening at the Fillmore"??

The Fillmore ain't in St. Pete.
:roll:

I dunno. Y'all go if ya wanna. Jaimoe and his band are indeed fun.

But I look at a poster like that, and think: they're playing us old farts for suckers. Which, if history and ticket sales are any indication, isn't exactly a bad bet. See: block party.

Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:18 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

beach bob wrote:
Do they just stick names on events now to get web hits?

"Evening at the Fillmore"??

The Fillmore ain't in St. Pete.
:roll:

I dunno. Y'all go if ya wanna. Jaimoe and his band are indeed fun.

But I look at a poster like that, and think: they're playing us old farts for suckers. Which, if history and ticket sales are any indication, isn't exactly a bad bet. See: block party.

Um... before I get off your lawn sir ... :lol:

The event is called " An Evening at The Fillmore" in reference to a popular album The Allman Brothers had. :idea: The 'authenticity' of this experience is further 'verified' by indicating that a FOUNDING MEMBER of the Allman Brothers is the attraction. :o With a little more push at the bottom: "THE ULTIMATE ALLMAN BROTHERS EXPERIENCE" :shock:

I really dont think they intended to make one think that a Fillmore is in St Pete. There is a Fillmore in San Fran, Detroit, Denver, Miami, Charlotte, Metro Philly and DC. Coming up in Minneapolis and New Orleans... but not St Pete. :roll:

Here ya go... Little Rev Wirtz for ya. :lol:

The Reverend Billy C. Wirtz - Get Off My Lawn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc9_5tYBGXE

Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:38 am Profile
Wanee Lover

I agree with BB here. Just marketing BS. Not that people are actually gonna think they are being somehow teleported to the real Fillmore, but slapping fancy names and buzzwords onto promotional materials isn’t really my thing. I mean I know that’s 95% of marketing, but meh from me.

Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:59 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Whoops! Did I forget... [/s] ;)

All marketing?!?!? :shock: Say it aint so.. :lol:

WTF are they gonna do to make money from the name of a band where many members are dead and the band is disbanded... the new album?

I bet they paid A LOT for use of the Allman name, and are gonna do their best to get a good return.

All they have is the past to sell. So...thats what they are gonna use. Right up there with the bands that cant sell their own stuff, so they use others' work largely without paying for it 'Tribute Bands'.

As an aside, It was interesting to see how many of the OBJ performers included an Allman's song in the set. Several people commented that it was nice to see 'the young ones' giving a nod to their heroes. Yeah...there was a lot of 'old folks' mixed in the crowd , but we stayed quiet and out of the way.

Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:48 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

From what I heard (Bob Scamano) was Jaimoe is doing the entire album, song for song, as their first live album was recoded “ Live at the Fillmore East”

Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:48 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Yes, Volke, I know erry lil' bit of that, right on down to knowing about half the lyrics to the Rev's. Hey You Little Bastards Get Offa My Lawn...
:mrgreen:

If Jaimoe and Co. are indeed replaying At Fillmore East (edit: further google-fu indicates that this is indeed the case) ... someone in the marketing department failed.

I read Eric's linked poster, and truly I did not think that At Fillmore East was the material to be performed.

Here's the press release~
http://www.tampabaybluesfest.com/pdf/AN ... -MUSIC.pdf

I'll be sweatin' to P-Funk most likely anyhow. Carry on. 8-)

Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:16 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

I’m gonna sweat at the block party too! But first TTB Boca Raton June 29 half sweat.

Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:42 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

My son and I are also in for TTB at Boca.

Tons of great music has been going on locally... doesn't seem to be letting up for summer either!
:mrgreen:

Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:17 am Profile
 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next