Last visit was: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:19 pm It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:19 pm

[ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 roots 2019 
Wanee Fan

Post Re: roots 2019
I thought the fest was great, holy bleep what a set by Sam Bush. We Banjo 3 also surprised me with how much I enjoyed them. Lil Smokies were just as good as I thought they'd be (almost like stringdusters lite). Didn't see one bad set and the late night jams were great as usual. Only thing I could complain about was the volume on the dance tent. I'm not sure how nobody told the sound guys that it was painfully loud for 3 straight days.

Other than that now im back hooked on bluegrass and cant wait for March!

Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:27 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

My campmates & I also noticed how painfully loud they had the tunes in the dance tent, and that it was played progressively louder as the evening wore on. The conversation was actually started by the boys (12, 14, 16), who only went up to the music area for food & spent the weekend between the campsite & river; one mentioned that during the afternoon you could faintly hear the music from the stages, but late at night it was so loud it was vibrating things at the campsite.

Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:56 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

SeaPA wrote:
one mentioned that during the afternoon you could faintly hear the music from the stages, but late at night it was so loud it was vibrating things at the campsite.

Ditto. In Hidden woods, it was comfortable volume at night. Seemed louder than the late night Mushroom stage used to be.. but we were a bit closer.

We went to the music hall once for Grass is Dead, but the 'dirty locker room' aroma in there was a bit much. Didnt go again.

Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:01 am Profile
Wanee Lover

i thought it was a fun fest some very good highlight moments. sad how the fest started but it seems as the week continued happier hearts prevailed. the park is in dire need of new bathrooms. monday morning there was only one running toilet in the stable road womans room. :o

Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:59 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

whole lot of love wrote:
i thought it was a fun fest some very good highlight moments. sad how the fest started but it seems as the week continued happier hearts prevailed. the park is in dire need of new bathrooms. monday morning there was only one running toilet in the stable road womans room. :o

Gotta Pooooop! Just saying...even if someone exploded a glow stick in there!

Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:31 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

my wife and her dear friend were the first to the scene at the accident. they are both long time nurses. it wasnt pretty. they had the driver stable but later died at the hospital. just bad luck :cry:

Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:01 am Profile
Wanee Lover

the reaper was calling

Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:02 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

whole lot of love wrote:
my wife and her dear friend were the first to the scene at the accident. they are both long time nurses. it wasnt pretty. they had the driver stable but later died at the hospital. just bad luck :cry:

My understanding was there was some sort of medical issue behind the wheel (seizure?). And the car crashed into vendor tents. There was one fatality. Was it the driver who died?

Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:37 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

My understanding is that a vendor was run over by the truck, and she died on scene. There was an article ...

https://www.wtxl.com/news/local-news/tr ... campground

Nothing about the driver passing away in the above article, but I heard while at the park, that the driver did indeed pass.

An awful, tragic thing, any way you cut it. :cry:

Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:56 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

For sure, and I don't want to keep bringing it up, but I just didn't know the details and facts can be important.

Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:55 pm Profile
 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next