Last visit was: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:59 pm It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:59 pm

[ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Suwannee Hulaween 2019 
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: Suwannee Hulaween 2019
Oh indeed... Money isnt a problem only when you have it. :lol:

I did NOT know that 'volunteers' needed to pay also. Makes good sense, however!

Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:01 pm Profile
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

Volkemon wrote:
Oh indeed... Money isnt a problem only when you have it. :lol:

I did NOT know that 'volunteers' needed to pay also. Makes good sense, however!

I believe volunteers have to buy their tickets up front (for bigger fests anyway), then are reimbursed after they put in whatever shifts are required.

Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:39 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Does make sense, as Bob said "an insurance policy" for the promoter.

Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:59 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

I think some of the smaller fests (possibly even ones put on at the SOSMP), the organizers will work with volunteers, holding a check in escrow, or something similar, until their work obligations are met. I'd think an event coordinator would do this only for folks who they have worked with before and know are reliable. But AFAIK, prepaying your weekend fee is pretty much a standard thing now for volunteering at any decent sized fest.

Other fests in the past (no names please!), have made the mistake of offering up too many volunteer positions, effectively reducing paid admits. Years ago my boy Mikey volunteered, and for half his shifts he was dismissed, because they had plenty of coverage.

Ain't no free. Like the man said... :ugeek:

Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:24 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

I'm so stoked about this year's lineup! 8-)

Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:45 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

ArmeDane wrote:
I'm so stoked about this year's lineup! 8-)

I’m meh on it. Had kind of decided that I was only going to go this year if it the lineup was very good and jam band heavy. I do think this is better than last year, but still far from enough to make this a must go for me. If i’m around and not doing anything that weekend I will potentially go, but if I have to decide between either Hula or some other fun event/adventure Hula will probably get axed.

These are the acts I would be excited for, per tier:
Headliners: SCI only (although 3x nights is a very big draw for me still)
Secondary: JRAD, Greensky, STS9
Undercard: Pigeons, Billy Strings, Eoto, Circles Around the Sun

That’s a fair amount but still doesn’t blow me away. Remaining on the fence for now , I guess!

Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:25 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

I'll pay more to go to a Phish Festival and there's only one band there! By comparison, this thing is a steel!

Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:11 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

ArmeDane wrote:
I'll pay more to go to a Phish Festival and there's only one band there! By comparison, this thing is a steel!

Oh yeah, price has nothing to do with my meh-ness on attending this year. With the number of bands, plus all the ancillary activities/artists/Spirit Lake/etc. I have no problem with the cost.

Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:48 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

I can't help wondering what Spirit Lake will look like, considering many artists went unpaid for a long time, before things were settled with the new partner. I suspect it probably won't be as extensive as in years past; some artists will figure once bitten twice shy, and pass on the fest.

Sorry if this looks like pot stirring... not trying to. 'We' will see what's there, when it happens. I'm sure it'll still be cool, and there will be plenty of fun to be had all over the park in 87 different ways at least.

FWIW, the lineup barely does anything for me, aside SCI and a few others... save for Circles Around The Sun, and Robert Walter's 20th Congress, both who play few gigs, I can see most of the bands I dig on that roster elsewhere...YMMV of course...

Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:46 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

lineup reminds me of the old wanne without abb if they cut prices before monday maybe we will buy a ticket

Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:01 pm Profile
 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next