Last visit was: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:38 am It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:38 am

[ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 2019 Wanee Block Party - Ft. Lauderdale 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: 2019 Wanee Block Party - Ft. Lauderdale
I started going in 2013 and i have never seen BLR. It’s not even intentional just never happened

Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:16 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Greetings Wanee & ABB family of friends,

I just came across this forum and thread and wanted to chime in. I completely understand that some/many of you are frustrated about the canceling of Wanee this year and you lack of care for Live Nation.

But I think that after reading all of the comments on here that perhaps I should clarify..... Yes, Live Nation is selling the tickets for this event but it is an Allman Brothers family of bands backed event and noone "hired" the Big House to be at the event. Many of the family and extended family of the ABB are very involved in the Big House and as always the Big House is always invited to these type of "family of bands" sanctioned events

Sorry ya'll are so frustrated about Wanee being canceled this year, I too was bummed but this is not some "fake" event like some are claiming. I am however grateful that at least something to continute to spread the love is going down with the family of bands and in my back yard where the ABB have such a rich history.

Need I remind you die hard ABB fans that Eat A Peach was finished less than 40 miles down the Road at Criteria in North Miami, Enlightened Rogues and Seven Turns were both recorded there as was Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs. Several other Sony years 90's projects that were released or re-released were also mixed in the famed rooms at Criteria too (trust me I was in the mixing room, often with only the engineer and producer).

So I just wanted to clear the air and set the record straight that this is not some "fraud" concert as some of you have stated.

The Road Goes on Forever, indeed!

Regards,
Daughter Dowd

Last edited by DaughterDowd on Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:28 am Profile
Site Admin

Thank you for addressing this DaughterDowd.

For those not familiar with the Dowd name, Tom Dowd was a recording engineer and producer for many artist back in the day to include the Allman Brothers Band.

Hopefully the block party is just the beginning of more tribute shows in the future.

DaughterDowd wrote:
Greetings Wanee & ABB family of friends,

I just came across this forum and thread and wanted to chime in. I completely understand that some/many of you are frustrated about the canceling of Wanee this year and you lack of care for Live Nation.

But I think that after reading all of the comments on here that perhaps I should clarify..... Yes, Live Nation is selling the tickets for this event but it is an Allman Brothers family of bands backed event and noone "hired" the Big House to be at the event. Many of the family and extended family of the ABB are very involved in the Big House and as always the Big House is always invited to these type of "family of bands" sanctioned events

Sorry ya'll are so frustrated about Wanee being canceled this year, I too was bummed but this is not some "fake" event like some are claiming. I am however grateful that at least something to continute to spread the love is going down with the family of bands and in my back yard where the ABB have such a rich history.

Need I remind you die hard ABB fans that Eat A Peach was finished less than 40 miles down the Road at Criteria in North Miami, Enlightened Rogues and Seven Turns were both recorded there as was Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs. Several other Sony years 90's projects were and re-released were also mixed in the famed rooms at Criteria too (trust me I was in the mixing room, often with only the engineer and producer).

So I just wanted to clear the air and set the record straight that this is not some "fraud" concert as some of you have stated.

The Road Goes on Forever, indeed!

Regards,
Daughter Dowd

What is your listening pleasure today? Find it at
AccuRadio

Deep Nuggets on Tunein Radio - Deep Nugs

And don't forget Deep Jams Radio on Tunein- Deep Jams

Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:52 am Profile
Wanee Fan

I'm super bummed that I'm not going to make it to Spring Reunion but this should be a great show regardless. Curious to what the "Wanee Family Jam" will entail , still no details on that. Honestly I'm as excited to see The Lee Boys as much as Marcus King

Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:17 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Yes, well written DD. My problem with LN is the use of Wanee by name. It was probably designed for SOSMP. Then there is the Peach Festival/ Scranton. LN should have emphasized Allman Brothers and The Big House, in my opinion.My main gripe is the venue chosen, many nicer venues in South Florida. Anyway the lineup is stellar, for those who attend ENJOY!

Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:44 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

Eric et. all,

Just to further clarify, Live Nation is NOT using the name Wanee. The Allman Brothers Band is using the name Wanee in conjunction with Live Nation. I respect the fact that people have a problem with Live Nation but had it been Clear Channel the gripe would have been the same.

Because two of the surviving members of the Allman Brothers Band passed away in 2017 does not mean that the Allman Brothers Band is not still a viable business entity. Albums have been released since both Butch and Gregory's passing and Peach Music Festival goes on with the help of Live Nation as well.

This is not a "Live Nation" event in the sense that they are using the name "Wanee", the hierarchy that still exists within the Allman Brothers Band is in fact consulting and putting this on with Live Nations logistical and venue assistance.

Jaimoe is playing, as is Butch's daughter Melody and her band. The Dickson boys and Marcus King Band are both closely aligned with the Allman Brothers family of bands too.

I think it is sad that because people don't care for Live Nation they won't attend the event which only hurt the artists, musical legacies and supporting the musicians. After all isn't that what this is supposed to be about? And how often do people in the South get to see Jaimoe and his amazing band perform these days?

Personally, I see it as a blessing as South East Florida's live local music scene lacks events like this. I am also very grateful to be able to spend a few days with my music family!

Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:50 am Profile
Wanee Fan

No disrespect to anyone, but Wanee was our name for the Music Park itself... before the Allman Brothers brought their music festival there. To use our nickname for the park to promote its largest festival was one thing, but using it to promote an urban event in Fort Lauderdale is entirely different. It can be seen as insulting, if not blasphemous! If you're not doing it on the Suwannee River it shouldn't be called Wanee... maybe "The Lauderdale Music Festival", or "The Big House - Allman family Jam", but not Wanee. 8-)

Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:29 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Thanks for your input, DD! Most interesting first post. You are very well spoken. Are you associated/affiliated with LN or 'ABB' or other parties tied to WANEE?

DaughterDowd wrote:
Eric et. all,

Just to further clarify, Live Nation is NOT using the name Wanee. The Allman Brothers Band is using the name Wanee in conjunction with Live Nation. I respect the fact that people have a problem with Live Nation but had it been Clear Channel the gripe would have been the same.

Interesting choice of words.
in conjunction with
Quote:
synonyms: together, jointly, conjointly, in cooperation, cooperatively, in collaboration, in partnership, in combination, as one, in unison, in concert, concertedly, with one accord, in league, in alliance, in collusion, side by side, hand in hand, hand in glove, shoulder to shoulder, cheek by jowl; informal: in cahoots

OK, so its not a matter of 'ABB' wandering around, looking to have WANEE somewhere else, and just happening to use LN for promotion. Both of them actively participated in moving WANEE to the new venue. (As opposed to LN and SOSMP having a tiff, and LN moving the fest in retribution)

(interesting question to phrase.. sorry if I get it wrong..)

Who/what is/are the Allman Brother's Band now?

'ABB' and LN are presenting Wanee... not at the park that gave it the name, but at a much different location.

'ABB' and LN evidently had a falling out with SOSMP. Many theories and possible explanations about LN and SOSMP parting ways have been floated, several very reasonable explanations come to light.

This is the first I have seen where 'ABB' has been assigned some of the blame. But choices are being made by who using that name?

Always glad to support live music, more the better. Not so much support for LN and their corporate shills... :twisted:

Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:41 am Profile
Wanee Lover

been listening to some of music jaimoe was involved with during the 70s what a grate percussionist

Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:11 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Color me unimpressed, and unmoved.

The Live Nation name is right there on the promotional materials, along with Revolution (obviously, being the venue host) and The Allman Brothers Band. Attempts to try to explain that LN isn't using the Wanee name, that instead it's the ABB business entity using it?

To quote Emma Gonzalez: I CALL BS.

All the names are on the poster: Wanee. ABB. Revolution. I don't see any DMZ line in the poster saying this entity is licensed to use that name, etc. THE WANEE NAME IS OWNED BY LIVE NATION, as far as any of us have been able to determine.

~~~~~~~~~~

Attempts to muddy the issues by bringing up Clear Channel, or the what the ABB did decades ago at Criteria Studios in Miami, have nothing to do with this event, or what's going on in the world of festivals in 2019.

In particular, were Live Nation NOT interested in sticking their middle finger directly at the Cornett family and the SOSMP, they would not have scheduled their street party the same weekend that the SOSMP was doing another event.

It's a dog eat dog world out there. I'll be on the river that weekend, giving not a thought to the parking lot party off Broward Blvd.

[edited to correct the name of the owners of SOSMP... I get the Cornett name confused with the Corbitt Brothers. I am senile! :P ]

Last edited by beach bob on Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:35 am Profile
 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next