Last visit was: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:35 pm It is currently Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:35 pm

[ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Sweetwater420 Fest - full lineup released 
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: Sweetwater420 Fest - full lineup released
freebo wrote:
AM I the only one who thinks the art work on the site looks a lot like Bean's... ?

I had not noticed that... but then I hadn't been to the 420 fest homepage 'till just now. It ain't Bean... but it looks intentionally similar.

funkengroovin wrote:
Seems like a jab to me.

Hard to figure otherwise. Really unnecessary. Maybe someone from Rick Scott's admin is working in their in graphics department. :roll:

Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:04 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Volkemon wrote:
ArmeDane wrote:
nickyler wrote:
Won't be going to 420. Not because of the lineup, I just like to get so f!*ked up I HAVE to camp. It's my M.O.
I've found I can stagger down a lit sidewalk easier than I can stagger down a dark Trail. 420 is in Downtown Atlanta and has hotels and airbnb's aplenty!

Staggering to your nights quarters (Be it a camp , hotel or B&B) is one thing, how might you arrive after doing so?
Well, your odds arent that bad. Have fun!
(sorry for the ALL CAPS.. cut-n-pasted)

MY CHANCES OF BECOMING A VICTIM OF A VIOLENT CRIME:
1 IN 153 in Live Oak

1 IN 103 in Atlanta

Not too different... only 1 1/2 times as likely.. but what type of crime?

LIVE OAK VIOLENT CRIMES POPULATION: 6,896
TOTAL CASES :
MURDER 0
RAPE 0
ROBBERY 5
ASSAULT 40

Rate per 1,000 - 0.00, 0.00, 0.73, 5.80

ATLANTA VIOLENT CRIMES POPULATION: 486,290
TOTAL CASES:
MURDER 80
RAPE 302
ROBBERY 1,487
ASSAULT 2,838

Rate per 1,000 0.16 0.62 3.06 5.84

so... about the same chance of getting beat up, 4 times the chance of getting robbed... and this comparing the bustling metropolis of Live Oak to Atlanta, not the park..

And we do have the condition of being 'under the influence' to the point of staggering. Makes one an attractive target.

Not often that I rate places to be when f'd up...but I feel safe stumbling down that dark trail at SOSMP. I have a light. YMMV. Watch for the thieving squirrels.. :? :lol:

:lol: Suppose the middle of death valley would be safer, but no festy there to attract. :P Yet. :mrgreen: (Data for Death Valley was not readily available)

However....

Quote:
There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Attributed to Benjamin Disraeli by Mark Twain

sources-
https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/fl/live-oak/crime

https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/ga/atlanta/crime

Being someone who was robbed at gun point in ATL walking back to a lot after a Phish show, I can attest the absolute shittiness of ATL. The complete lack of help, or even empathy, from all the locals (several different police officers at various times, hotel staff, etc) compounds that shittiness. ATL is one of the worst cities in america, sorry truth hurts people.

But back to the fest itself, very solid lineup, but i’ve been to that venue for a festival (rather incidentally) , and i will actually say it’s a rather cool venue FOR AN URBAN FESTIVAL, but an urban festival is essentially an all day concert. Big difference between the vibe of that and what i would consider a “true” festival.

Several long stories short, I will NOT be attending 420. Ever.

Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:42 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

I’m not sure the artwork is a jab at wanee, like what would be the point of that. The meditating gnome and the hand with eye are both pretty cool. The artist is definitely emulating stuff he saw from Beane though. Tribute, knockoff, spite; i guess could be any but to me the latter seems least likely.

Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:46 pm Profile
 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2