Last visit was: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:37 pm It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:37 pm

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Phish Summer Tour 2019 Announced 
Wanee Lover

Post Phish Summer Tour 2019 Announced
Phish Summer Tour 2019

6/11 Chaifetz Arena, St. Louis, MO
6/12 Chaifetz Arena, St. Louis, MO
6/14 Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival, Manchester, TN
6/16 Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival, Manchester, TN
6/18 Budweiser Stage, Toronto, ON
6/19 Blossom Music Center, Cuyahoga Falls, OH
6/21 PNC Music Pavilion, Charlotte, NC
6/22 Merriweather Post Pavilion, Columbia, MD
6/23 Merriweather Post Pavilion, Columbia, MD
6/25 Darling’s Waterfront Pavilion, Bangor, ME
6/26 Darling’s Waterfront Pavilion, Bangor, ME
6/28 BB&T Pavilion, Camden, NJ
6/29 BB&T Pavilion, Camden, NJ
6/30 BB&T Pavilion, Camden, NJ
7/02 SPAC, Saratoga Springs, NY
7/03 SPAC, Saratoga Springs, NY
7/05 Fenway Park, Boston, MA
7/06 Fenway Park, Boston, MA
7/09 Mohegan Sun Arena, Uncasville, CT
7/10 Mohegan Sun Arena, Uncasville, CT
7/12 Alpine Valley Music Theatre, East Troy, WI
7/13 Alpine Valley Music Theatre, East Troy, WI
7/14 Alpine Valley Music Theatre, East Troy, WI
8/30 Dick's Sporting Goods Park, Commerce City, CO
8/31 Dick's Sporting Goods Park, Commerce City, CO
9/01 Dick's Sporting Goods Park, Commerce City, CO

I know no one on here cares except me, but its slow on the forum these days, so.....discuss.

Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:08 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Post Re: Phish Summer Tour 2019 Announced
Once again, no love for those of us in the south. After selling out three nights in Atlanta last year, you'd think they would have at least gone back there!

Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:33 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

My Google-fu tells me that the NYE run in Mijamee was 2014/2015.

So yeah, that's been four years since they were down this far. No FL dates since then? I wonder...

Ah well. They are the big Magilla; they kind of have the same problem the Jerry era Dead did... too big to fail... gravitating to multi-night runs in fewer towns.

Enjoy 'em Mango Man. Hope ya get to rage some of your favorite venues. I see some good ones.
:mrgreen:

Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:07 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Kind of a strange tour travel wise but it should be great. Holding out hope maybe I can drive up to Charlotte for a show , but if all signs point correct they’ll be back in Miami for nye

Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:23 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

ArmeDane wrote:
Once again, no love for those of us in the south. After selling out three nights in Atlanta last year, you'd think they would have at least gone back there!

Lots of speculation that Bonnaroo was the reason for no ATL/nothing south of Charlotte, specifically no compete clauses implemented by Roo.

Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:04 am Profile
Wanee Lover

beach bob wrote:
My Google-fu tells me that the NYE run in Mijamee was 2014/2015.

So yeah, that's been four years since they were down this far. No FL dates since then? I wonder...

Ah well. They are the big Magilla; they kind of have the same problem the Jerry era Dead did... too big to fail... gravitating to multi-night runs in fewer towns.

Enjoy 'em Mango Man. Hope ya get to rage some of your favorite venues. I see some good ones.
:mrgreen:

I’m not sure about the 2014 run but the ‘09 Miami NYE run had very low ticket sales in comparison to their MSG NYE runs. The just don’t draw the same crowd down here in FL. I would truthfully be surprised if they did another NYE in Miami anytime soon. Now interestingly it is the 20th anniversary of Big Cypress this NYE so perhaps they could get crazy and do that instead of regular MSG run. But my money is still on MSG.

Anyways, i’m still on the fence with these tour dates, not sure what I’m gonna do. Mohegan Sun is def the coolest spot IMO but it worked out very poorly for my schedule and so i dragged my feet and hotels now booked. Was planning to hit up a 3 night run ina. major city, preferably a cool city out west (was hoping for San Fran) but the lack of west coast dates eliminates that. I have no desire to go to St. louis or Camden/Philly. Alpine is cool but not as easy to get into/out of. MPP may be on the table but i wasn’t blown away last year with the venue. Maine is a strong contender, but again not the easiest to get to/from and no hotels within walking distance. Dicks is always a blast but that would essentially mean missing summer tour since those shows aren’t until Labor Day weekend.

Life is full of difficult decisions!

Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:13 am Profile
♫♫ Wanee Master ♫♫

handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
Maine is a strong contender, but again not the easiest to get to/from and no hotels within walking distance.

This was an easy decision considering it's only 75 miles away from home. There are a couple of hotels within 1/2 mile but one is booked and the other is $420 a night. We ended up with a 3 mile Uber...

Hopefully I get in on the lottery...

Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:15 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

EnjoyingTheRide wrote:
handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
Maine is a strong contender, but again not the easiest to get to/from and no hotels within walking distance.

This was an easy decision considering it's only 75 miles away from home. There are a couple of hotels within 1/2 mile but one is booked and the other is $420 a night. We ended up with a 3 mile Uber...

Hopefully I get in on the lottery...

This can’t be a tough ticket right? Doesn’t venue hold like 15k? Seems huge for maine.

Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:54 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

I hear ya about FL & Phish... not their best NYE market. Someone posted pics on FB in 2015 showing tix in the tree branches outside the venue. People freaked about getting tix, but they were apparently everywhere. I think only NYE tix (first night of four) were sorta hard to find.

I'd think SPAC > Fenway would make a nice week... fly to Boston for cheap, rent a car (not cheap :D ) ... 4hr ride out to Saratoga and roll back. I've always had a blast in Boston, great town. Fenway is hardly the greatest venue, but the setting is cool, life in the big city. Saw a late show with Dopapod after Dead&Co a few years ago, right across the street from Fenway at the House of Blues. Great vibe around the stadium. You could do July 4th in Boston, that would be fun.

Decisions! 8-)

Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:54 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

BB that does sound like a fantastic week. I like Boston and have only been to SPAC once and loved it. That being said it won’t work for me. I should have specified but didn’t want to go into all the details of my personal travel plans so as to not bore everyone to death. But truncated: my grandpas 95th bday is July 4th so I’m tied up a few days surrounding that, thus both SPAC and Fenway out.

Also, love Dopapod, post Dead and Co Dopapod late night sounds like a rager.

Talked with the fiancé and our friends last nights, looks like Mohegan Sun and Dicks for us this year! May squeeze in a last min trip to Charlotte or MPP, but MS and Dicks are locked in! Super pumped!

Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:36 am Profile
 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next