Last visit was: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:28 pm It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:28 pm

[ 6 posts ] 
 Florida Jazz & Blues -- No More 
Wanee Fan

Post Florida Jazz & Blues -- No More
Another one bites the dust:
https://www.jambase.com/article/florida ... 9-festival

Nice, cozy venue, but probably not a great area for these sort of fans.

Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:42 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: Florida Jazz & Blues -- No More
Man, been a tough year on Florida Festies.

No Wanee.
No FL Jazz & Blues.
No Sunshine Music Festival.

Ain't no sunshine when she gone
Only darkness everyday

Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:11 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

“FLORIDA JAZZ AND BLUES JAM 2019 Saturday January 26, 2019 is no longer happening because there was not enough support from Florida in the ticket sales.”
(emphasis mine)

At the risk of sounding repetitive:
That promoter is a dick.

s#%tty food. Treats the paying public rudely. For Mule he charged $20 to park in the county park lot... no other place to park. Just a way to squeeze more $$ from the fans.

He stepped on his own dick, and he's seeing the result of his choices. I do not buy his whiny excuses. While I agree that it's really difficult to produce live events down here in SoFla, this is of his own doing. Patrons just get tired of putting up with poor value events.

Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:21 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Sunset Cove Amphitheater is a nice cozy place to see a concert... to bad it couldn’t happen with this promoter! Was going anyway, lunch on the way before the show! BTW ..... saw TTB listed for 3 Fl dates in 2019 .. Ticket Master lists Jax/Boca/St Pete June 28-29- 30

Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:39 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

eric wrote:
BTW ..... saw TTB listed for 3 Fl dates in 2019 .. Ticket Master lists Jax/Boca/St Pete June 28-29- 30

Yes indeedy... Wheels of Soul tour, with Blackberry Smoke, and Shovels & Rope. Kind of a mini Sunshine Fest. We are in for the Boca show.

Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:43 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

SeaPA wrote:
Man, been a tough year on Florida Festies.

No Wanee.
No FL Jazz & Blues.
No Sunshine Music Festival.

Ain't no sunshine when she gone
Only darkness everyday

Little different picture over here on the east central coast... small (~200-300 people) private parties/festivals seem to be getting more common. Pattie and I went to another one in November, and it was GREAT! Savants of Soul, Boxcar Hollow, Firewater Tent Revival, Chief Cherry, Rev Billy Wirtz and many others. (5 bands fri, 6 sat and Rev W sunday) This was the second annual one for him, and he is planning ones for April and Nov of 2019. Fully legit, permit, fire inspector etc. 30A and 15A electric services, with water hoses run everywhere. :lol: Not just a house party. $80 ticket, but invite only. Seems the one thing in common all of them have had so far was a request NOT to promote them on Social Media. And another common thread is the not-for-profit angle. This last was very clear what charities got any money collected that was not needed to cover expenses.

Cosmic Barley Productions* recently held a 2 day fest in Ft Pierce that was a great time. ~500 people. Melody Trucks Band, Bobby Lee Rogers, Grass is Dead, moska project and many more... pretty damn good lineup for a first effort. Learned a LOT, made no money. (Beer killed us $$ wise, but taught us a good lesson!) :lol: Already working with them to do another. HOPING (please please...) to be using a venue closer us in Sebastian!! :o :mrgreen:

Hearing Big Mike utter one last WANEE ..... glad the bear suit hid my tears.

No, nothing will match the SOSMP of yesteryear. Magical place. But now that the woods are thinned so much one can practically see the flip-flop and bra trees from River Road... No more camping or cruising by the river since the Treehouse... RV and W/E sites appearing on every level spot after they clear cut.. it sure was a different looking place this last October at Roots.

""… Now, don't hang on, nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky
It slips away
And all your money won't another minute buy
Dust in the wind..... ""

*NOTE - full disclosure - We (Pattie and I) are affiliated with Cosmic Barley productions, and we are trying to help them grow! So I am biased in my reporting. ;)

Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:46 pm Profile
 [ 6 posts ]