Last visit was: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:24 pm It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:24 pm

[ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 High Water Festival, April 13 & 14 
Wanee Wizard

Post High Water Festival, April 13 & 14
Welp folks, looks like my patience has about run out, waiting to hear about some kind of Wanee substitute fest at the park in April.

We (that is: me, and The Kid, and maybe even my wife) are about 99% committed to doing the High Water Fest in Charleston, SC on April 13 & 14. Third year for this one, which is hosted by the unstoppable duo Shovels & Rope. They will perform of course, along with the following totally aces lineup of rootsy acts performing at Riverfront Park on two stages:

Leon Bridges
The Head and the Heart
Dr. Dog
Lord Huron
Jenny Lewis
Mitski
Preservation Hall Jazz Band
Phosphorescent
J. Roddy Walston & The Business
The War & Treaty
Durand Jones & The Indications
Butch Walker
Blitzen Trapper
Ranky Tanky
Hayes Carll
The Secret Sisters
Shrimp Records Family Band
Lera Lynn
Lilly Hiatt
Michael Nau
Thelma & The Sleaze

Also part of the fest are things such as chef-curated dining experiences, local food trucks, curated cocktails and blah blah blah, you get the idea... it's a festival. Details at this here website:

https://highwaterfest.com/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As life goes on and things change, each of us makes different choices. And just like good comedy, timing is everything. With less than zero by way of WHEN the loyal patrons of SOSMP will ever hear any info about the as-yet undefined new thing in April, we are going this other way.

I'll see y'all at other FL events... We will be at Spring Reunion, and also the Peace River Revival down in Punta Gorda. Hit me up if you might be going to High Water, we can make plans to eat food, drink drinks, talk loud, balter, etc.
:mrgreen:

Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:15 pm Profile
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

Post Re: High Water Festival, April 13 & 14
That looks fun, but I think it's plain camping at SOSMP if nothing is going on then OBJ. That should do for a start.

Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:19 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

This is where they're doing Trondossa... which also has a lineup I like.... but we ruled out, because there's no lodging nearby. Also, this is in mid-april, and Paul said early April. These two festivals may not be mutually exclusive choices! 8-)

Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:00 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

in some ways it gets rid of a problem. weather to go to springfest or wanne. no wanne or replacement a/t/m so thats not a problem anymore. 8-) ive agonized over this decision many times.

Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:52 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Ah Norh Charleston, my old stomping grounds. If you go make sure to swing by Coast for some top notch beers and say hello to my friends Jamie, Dave and Mikey. And also hit up Madra Rua in park circle for the best goddamn Rueben on the planet.

Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:37 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

I really hope bob regrets his choice. But, right now my money is on bob

Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:12 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

ArmeDane wrote:
This is where they're doing Trondossa... which also has a lineup I like.... but we ruled out, because there's no lodging nearby. Also, this is in mid-april, and Paul said early April. These two festivals may not be mutually exclusive choices! 8-)

No, not necessarily a direct conflict... but a question of allocating time off and festival $$.

As for nearby lodging... there's nothing walking distance, but plenty over by the mall, just a couple miles away. In other words, if you're imbibing Duder... Uber.
8-) :D

Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:05 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

nickyler wrote:
I really hope bob regrets his choice.

Unlikely! :lol:

I've had me eye on this one since it started three years ago. It's doing what I had hoped the new / old (non-Judy Van Zant) management would do for the Suwannee Revival & Reunion fests: bring in new and upcoming acts.

I've given the Wanee operation more than their fair shake... I pretty much gave up on loud electric guitar blues rock based music twenty ago. But the Wanne vibe and people are top notch, it's made it well more than worth it over the years. My favorite tunes are in the Americana and roots areas... High Water does that.

Right now it's the shiny object vs. a foggy cloud of the unknown. I know the shiny object is gonna be good. This, is more about grabbing the shiny object, than it is dissing the foggy cloud.

Last edited by beach bob on Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:17 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Hayes Carl is the man.

Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:40 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

He is indeed.

~~~~~~~~

Mango Man!
Thanks for the recommendations.
We've been to Charleston a couple times, but haven't checked out the Park Circle area. Looks pert cool.
8-)

Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:38 pm Profile
 [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next