Last visit was: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:37 am It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:37 am

[ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Orange Blossom Jamboree 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Orange Blossom Jamboree
Thanks for the info AB. Was just on the site and entered the lotto. Liking the lineup but can’t go 5 days (or so) without W/E! River Road spoiled I guess?

Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:38 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Thanks for the info AB. Like the lineup but can’t do 5 days (or so) without W/E. River Road spoiled I guess, need refrigerator etc. So I entered the lottery, wish me luck.

Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:42 pm Profile
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

eric wrote:
Thanks for the info AB. Like the lineup but can’t do 5 days (or so) without W/E. River Road spoiled I guess, need refrigerator etc. So I entered the lottery, wish me luck.

Not spoiled at all! It's hot in Fl in May. I like the option of an a/c break during the day. Plus I need to charge my transport. Not sure what I'll do if I don't get a spot. We can certainly dry camp, but I still need to charge my little scooter.

Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:56 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Yeah it can get pretty toasty @ OBJ. I would not want to camp in one of the open fields (neither in a tent nor a can).

Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:34 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

AndieBee wrote:
eric wrote:

Not spoiled at all! It's hot in Fl in May. I like the option of an a/c break during the day. Plus I need to charge my transport. Not sure what I'll do if I don't get a spot. We can certainly dry camp, but I still need to charge my little scooter.

Their generator area allows for generators 24/7 FYI. Not bad in the field in a can.

@Andie - you will have a spot on our lot to charge your trusty scooter! NO worries.

Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:49 pm Profile
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

Thank you, Mr Randy! You and Ms Pattie really are the best!

Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:17 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

kinda off-topic but ... any recommendations on a quiet dependable generator that doesn't require you to mortgage your house to pay for it ... cough cough honda cough cough?

i think 2000 amps should be plenty ... we have a very small camper with an ac and a mini fridge

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:27 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

warren0728 wrote:
kinda off-topic but ... any recommendations on a quiet dependable generator that doesn't require you to mortgage your house to pay for it ... cough cough honda cough cough?

i think 2000 amps should be plenty ... we have a very small camper with an ac and a mini fridge

Yeah, 2000 amps should be more than enough... 2000 watts might even work. :lol:

There is a 'data plate' on the frige and on the AC unit, should have the power requirements on it. This is the place to begin, so you know what you need!

I have been pleasantly surprised by harbor freight generators.

This one runs my 5000 btu window unit, but just barely starts it. $105 is very reasonable!

https://www.harborfreight.com/engines-g ... 63025.html

Their copy of the Honda inverter generator is only $500. (But you dont really need an inverter generator for those loads, more for computers and other sensitive electronics.) Seen a couple, they are decent quality.

https://www.harborfreight.com/engines-g ... 62523.html

Northern tool has some also - this might fit your needs, and budget. Uses regular gas, not mixed. Low oil shut off. Not bad!!

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools ... _200684533

Cant beat that for under $200. To make it last... run it dry when you are done using it. EVERY TIME. And use premium fuel. Costs a little more, but is more chemically stable. But the #1 thing to help it start every time, and when you need it,... run it dry when you are done. Before it gets put away. EVERY TIME.

I am still not convinced about the need for alcohol free.. I dont use it, and have no problems. Not even leaving my chain saw on the shelf for 4 months with pre-mix in it.. :? Started right up the other day. No problems with my lawn tractor or mowers either over the pat few years.

Here at work we run 5-6 weedeaters, edgers and other small gas equipment on the golf course. Doesnt get used daily, but certainly weekly. We use regular gas out of our bulk tank to make the 2-stroke mix, and have had *no* problems with gumming up, clogging, etc. Others may tell you different, just sharing my experience.

Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:39 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Volkemon wrote:

Yeah, 2000 amps should be more than enough... 2000 watts might even work. :lol:

There is a 'data plate' on the frige and on the AC unit, should have the power requirements on it. This is the place to begin, so you know what you need!

I have been pleasantly surprised by harbor freight generators.

This one runs my 5000 btu window unit, but just barely starts it. $105 is very reasonable!

https://www.harborfreight.com/engines-g ... 63025.html

Their copy of the Honda inverter generator is only $500. (But you dont really need an inverter generator for those loads, more for computers and other sensitive electronics.) Seen a couple, they are decent quality.

we do of course plug in our iphones and ipads but not sure i need the inverter for that (i don't anticipate plugging them into the generator ... just inside)

the quiet aspect does appeal to me on the harbor freight inverter model though ...

Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:05 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Quiet is good, but it costs money. Your call. It is a good price. Wont take the abuse that a honda will, but treat it nice and you should get years out of it.

Quieter yet.. get a deep cycle 12V battery and an inverter sized to run the fridge and a little more (not the AC). Need to 'do the math', but you could keep quiet when you dont need the AC on, but then start the genny to run AC and charge the battery. Couple solar panels, and less genny run time. Of course, its quieter, so it costs more!

And should you take this idea and run with it, and choose to go with 2 deep cycle batteries :o get 2 6V, not 2 12V. You end up with 12V either way, but the (2) 6V give you a few more amp-hours and will work better together. We are SO far off topic already I wont go into why. :lol:

Getting pumped for OBJ. Russ is hooking us up. :D I am gonna have my new video platform out there too. Should really help getting better video and clearer audio.

Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:43 am Profile
 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next