Last visit was: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:32 pm It is currently Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:32 pm

[ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Peach lineup/ferk live nation. 
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: Peach lineup/ferk live nation.
NO WANEE! NO PEACH!

Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:13 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

im sad to say but i think eventually the park will be sold to real-estate developers. :oops:

Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:41 am Profile
Wanee Lover

whole lot of love wrote:
im sad to say but i think eventually the park will be sold to real-estate developers. :oops:

that would be tragic and i hope that never ever happens

Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:51 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

whole lot of love wrote:

Oh. Like all the new power electric all over, and cutting out the woods, putting in full RV slots, and naming the spot after the woods you took out isnt real estate development. :lol:

On a brighter note, I imagine that the area the park is in is NOT zoned high density housing.

Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:19 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
whole lot of love wrote:

that would be tragic and i hope that never ever happens

That's all we need is one more God Damned developer tearin' her heart out.

All we need is one more Mickey Mouse, another golf course another country club another gated community.

Sing if you know it!!

Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:24 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

JJ better be part of the new spring thing at the SoS.

Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:51 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Everyone keeps talking about festivals at the SoS being sold out. Seriously, has a festival held there EVER sold out? How can that even happen? It's an outdoor venue with literally hundreds and hundreds of acres.

I've been to every Wanee festival, and while the crowds got large with WSP and Furthur, there was still plenty of room for folks. Besides, I'll bet if I'd walked up to the window on day one of Hula, they'd sell me a ticket.

Sorry, but anyone who thinks a festival at the SoS can sell out is delusional, or at least really bad at math.

Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:49 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

dinahmoehumm wrote:
Everyone keeps talking about festivals at the SoS being sold out. Seriously, has a festival held there EVER sold out? How can that even happen? It's an outdoor venue with literally hundreds and hundreds of acres.

I've been to every Wanee festival, and while the crowds got large with WSP and Furthur, there was still plenty of room for folks. Besides, I'll bet if I'd walked up to the window on day one of Hula, they'd sell me a ticket.

Sorry, but anyone who thinks a festival at the SoS can sell out is delusional, or at least really bad at math.

Much more defines capacity for an event than acreage of the venue. Events are usually permitted for a specific number of people, there are limitations on facilities, staff, space at the stages, etc. These limitations lead to ticket caps. Festivals do sell out. In regards to Hula there is a ticket allotment and once that allotment is gone you can’t buy additional tickets. That’s the definition of a sell out. Hula was a real sell out, not the old Roo magical “sell outs” the morning of the festival. Hula sold out well before the day of the festival, there were many people who wanted Hula tickets who couldn’t get them. Just a quick skim of CashorTrade would tell you that. The deman for Hula was greater than the ticket allotment, they could have sold more tickets if they weren’t at their pre-defined capacity. Also, I could be wrong but I always thought I was pretty decent at math.

Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:04 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

dinahmoehumm wrote:

Me Me!! I have been called delusional... and so have a few others!

Might be a seat here for others.. and as Mangoman said, size does not imply capacity!

Maddox ranch is (iirc..) 80 acres. SOSMP 800.

Maddox did have festivals of ~1500. Due to local law, that has been cut to 500. :shock: Size didnt change at all...

SOSMP Main concert field maxes out at 25K, and largest one-day was 19K according to Paulthewolf 's best source. He would be in a position to know.

The Gov'nah had this -

Quote:
Selling out could definitely happen, in most places when a festival is thrown SOSMP included, they have to get a mass gathering permit for x number of people and based on that number have a certain amount of LEO and fire/rescue on hand. Even if they could physically cram 100k in the park that does not mean they are allowed to do so.

Promoters have to hedge their attendance figures a bit, if they get a gathering permit for 20k people they may sell out, but if the apply for say 50k they have to ensure ample services like LEO and fire/rescue to for the full 50k people regardless if they only sell 25k in tickets.

So... SOSMP could 'sell out' hitting these limits, not because of space. So there are many delusional people here now. :lol: :roll:

But what if space was the only limiting factor.. :lol: Been down this road here also..

Volkemon_ wrote:
OK... one of those OCD moments...

100,000 campers in SOSMP. What might it look like?

Well, using SOSMP numbers, they are an 800 acre park. For the purposes of discussion, we will allow ALL of that area to be used for camping and parking. ( In reality, we have much area with trees, roads, unuseable terrain and oh yeah - The Peach and Mushroom Stages... )

1 acre is 43,560 square feet. (Per Wikipedia) Multiply by 800, and we have 34,848,000 square feet. TONS of room... right?

So to divide that up amongst campers, all 100,000 of them, leaves 348.48 sq feet per person.

Lets start with the cars. Being very green, and remarkably consistent, every person driving is driving a Fiat 500 for both the great mileage and the smiles-per-mile. They are assorted colors, however. Each car is also bringing 2 people apiece, with their gear. This totals 50,000 cars.

The car is shown with the dimentions of 3.546 mm long and 1.627 mm wide.

I am going to take the liberty of assuming they meant Meters, not MilliMeters.( Or Funky Meters.) Or maybe the car is less than 2/10th of an inch long...

in 'murican, this makes the car ~140 inches long, and 64 inches wide. I am going to assume that all the cars will be valet parked after unloading, with 18" between each car side, and 12" between the bumpers. This makes each parking spot 152" long by 82" wide. 12,464 sq in, or 86.5 Sq Feet. Divide by 2, and it workes out to 43.25 sq ft per person for parking.

This leaves 305.25 SQFt per person. As they arrived, so shall they camp. Two per site.This makes a spacious campsite of 610.5 SqFt per tent - a 20 x 30 square ( 20 x 30.525.. close enough..) PLENTY of room for (2) 10x10 tents. (Just cause they arrive together doesnt mean they have to co-habitate!)

Now please keep in mind that we started this exersize in ridiculousness ( I never knew that was an MTV series!) with the givin of 100% useable space. Allowing room for getting in your car after arrival, roads, stages, trees, non-hospitable terrain and the infrastructure of SOSMP... I would not be surprised if only <50% were available for camping and parking. That puts us down to a 10x15 spot per person. With NO walkways between sites. (!)

Yeah, I am of the opinion that 50K would have that park cramped to the point of no-one getting around.

How big is all the 'non-camping' space?

Quick rough measure puts the Peach Stage field with vendor area at ~5 acres. or 220,000 sq feet.
River road is ~1.3 miles, or 6700 feet long. Lets guess 15 feet wide. That gives us 100,000 sqFt+ . In other words... Just River Road takes up 1/2 the space in the park that the Peach Stage field does!

Now there has been a lot of assumptions, and probably a major math flaw somewhere (TYS?) but I dont see SOSMP legally, safely holding 100K camping festival participants.

Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:06 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Dood. Just stack the cars & tents on top of each other... not too many, maybe only five or six tall... you can get way more people in that way!
:mrgreen:

Nobody said there would be math! :ugeek:

Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:58 pm Profile
 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next