Last visit was: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:39 pm It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:39 pm

[ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Peach lineup/ferk live nation. 
Wanee Veteran

Post Peach lineup/ferk live nation.
Gosh darn it Peach is fire.

Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:14 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Post Re: Peach lineup/ferk live nation.
That's quite the temptation to go up to Pennsylvania!

Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:46 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Just further reinforces that wanee could have booked whoever they wanted. I am convinced that there was an issue between the park and Live Nation

Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:50 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

I got slammed on this forum a while back when I opined that our beloved Wanee would die based on geographic location and the logistics of getting there. I also said that Peach would succeed based on the same circumstance.

Well, here we are. Wanee is dead and Peach is alive and well, and getting bigger and better. Live Nation isn't stupid folks. There are more people with wallets within a day's drive of Scranton than there are of Live Oak.

It's simple. Make the venue easier to get to for the largest amount of people and you're gonna succeed. The large population centers in the north east can sustain Peach.

Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:47 am Profile
Wanee Fan

Although I didn't slam you before, I do disagree with your reasoning. While Wanee may be dead, I don't think it had anything to do with geography or logistics. If that were the case, then no Suwannee festival would be able to sellout. ;)

Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:22 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Bonnaroo ain't anywhere. It handles 80,000 attendees.

As the man in Field of Dreams said: if you build it, they will come.

Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:41 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Goddamn. That’s essentially THE lineup i have been asking for at Wanee for years. Best festival line up i’ve seen in a long time.

LNs apparent drive to continue with Peach and completely neglect then disband Wanee makes me think there might be some truth to those rumors of LN wanting a. cut of SoSMP in order to keep going.

Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:28 am Profile
Wanee Lover

dinahmoehumm wrote:
I got slammed on this forum a while back when I opined that our beloved Wanee would die based on geographic location and the logistics of getting there. I also said that Peach would succeed based on the same circumstance.

Well, here we are. Wanee is dead and Peach is alive and well, and getting bigger and better. Live Nation isn't stupid folks. There are more people with wallets within a day's drive of Scranton than there are of Live Oak.

It's simple. Make the venue easier to get to for the largest amount of people and you're gonna succeed. The large population centers in the north east can sustain Peach.

i don’t disagree that Scranton is easier to get to than Live Oak, but that’s not the reason Wanee folded. Just look at Hula, it’s sold out the past several years and all of those years it brought in more attendees that Wanee ever had, even at its peak.

Theres a reason LN chose not to grow or even continue Wanee. As has been speculated acquiring partial ownership in the park may have been the goal; alternatively I have felt for years that it’s weird how “nice” Wanee and 420 have played together, so i wouldn’t be surprised if LN let Wanee die with plans of acquiring 420.

We will probably never know the details of the reasons why LN ended Wanee, but i would say with near certainty that the remote location was not the driving force. Hell, if anything i’d think the SoSMP was a prime reason the festival survived as long as it did.

Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:02 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
i don’t disagree that Scranton is easier to get to than Live Oak...

Not for me!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

[this post presented for entertainment purposes only... ]

Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:30 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

dinahmoehumm wrote:

That has NOTHING to do with it. Florida is one of the most populous states in the US. There are over 21 million people in FL alone. Not to mention FL is home to some of the largest colleges in the nation several of which are in close proximity. UCF, FSU, UF.

"Make the venue easier to get to" WAT? There is absolutely no shortage of people that can get to SOSMP.

Hulaween sells out to capacity every year.

I can just about guarantee you what has happened. The SOSMP and LN parted ways. I think LN wanted a bigger piece of the action. They did not like other independent festivals competing with Wanee at the same venue.

LN controls montage mountain they have the venued leased through 2021. If you want to use the venue you pay the livenation racket. I firmly believe they wanted the same for SOSMP and the park told them to chew rocks.

Don't believe me? Google montage mountain and livenation. They own the rights to the venue wholely until their lease expires and I am sure they have a clause to extend.

https://m.citizensvoice.com/news/lackawanna-county-live-nation-discuss-the-future-of-the-pavilion-at-montage-1.2019305

https://www.livenation.com/venues/14507/the-pavilion-at-montage-mountain

I don't know every detail but I assure you location had no gosh-darn-frigging thing to do with it.

Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:36 am Profile
 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next