Last visit was: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:42 pm It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:42 pm

[ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 23  Next
 Suwannee- April 
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: Suwannee- April
Another winner! :lol:

Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:18 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Volkemon wrote:
@ Mr Mangoes - posted that on the Wanee Family FB page with FULL credit to you. Getting good reactions.

nice! no trademark here, let’s do this new festival organizers! haha

Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:01 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

nickyler wrote:
..... LN was phoning it in for sure, but that [2019] peach lineup to me looks like the same damn thing we've been seeing over and over.

...Look at the 2011 wanee lineup and then tell me how incredible peach fest is.

That's a fair argument. Though there's a mess of acts who have folded their tents from the 2011 list: ABB, Robert Plant & The Band of Joy, The Radiators, Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings, 7 Walkers...

The 2011 lineup rawked, and it's definitely a bigger roster than anything we've had at Wanee in the last 4-5 years.

I'm with you... I don't see how there are many Big Name still touring jambands left, that get the Big Font on a poster. Maybe I am jaded, but it seems there are fests starting to look rather similar to each other... because there just aren't that many of those yooge names still out on the road, doing their thing.

Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:32 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Respectfully disagree with my esteemed colleagues. This is a nearly ideal jamband-centric lineup. i haven’t seen a more appealing top to bottom lineup in years. It’s exactly what i look for in a festival lineup: big (biggest) name jam bands in the scene headinling with Phil, Trey and Cheese, ideal late night options with the sub-headliners of moe. and JRAD; up and coming young jam band acts like Aqueous, Ghost Light and Pigeons; one of the best jamtronica acts with Lotus; some of the best jamgrass and up and coming bluegrass in the Dusters/Geeensky and Billy Strings. There’s probably 15 “can’t miss” acts on this bill, most of the time nowadays I have probably 3-4 on a festival bill. This is not just the same old lineup.

I agree it’s not the “traditional” Wanee southern rock (even classic rock) vibes. It’s not that, but it’s way better. I’m just not sure what people want in a lineup. If you have a problem with this lineup being the “same ole thing” then your issue is probably with the current state of jamband music than it is with the lineup in particular. But that’s the nature of the jamband scene, there isn’t a new mass popularity band ever year. The music is just not conducive to that.

Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:03 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

FWIW, I really like the Peach lineup. Works for me, since I dig the acoustic & bluegrassy stuff too. But somehow, I doubt I will be there. I think I'd rather go to Blue Ox fest if I'm gonna fly / hotel a fest... but that's jest me...

I was really only commenting about the tippy top of the roster... I keep seeing the same 3-4 names. I happen to enjoy the music of nearly all them names though, so... :)

Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:10 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

beach bob wrote:
FWIW, I really like the Peach lineup. Works for me, since I dig the acoustic & bluegrassy stuff too. But somehow, I doubt I will be there. I think I'd rather go to Blue Ox fest if I'm gonna fly / hotel a fest... but that's jest me...

I was really only commenting about the tippy top of the roster... I keep seeing the same 3-4 names. I happen to enjoy the music of nearly all them names though, so... :)

I was actually directing that mainly at nickyler who seemed to really be unimpressed by the Peach.

I am not sure if I will be at the Peach, probably not. Depends what I end up doing for Phish Summer tour. This year I will probably have to scale back to 3-4 music related travels/trips before my fiancee divorces me before we are even married (actually just need to save vacay days for wedding, etc). Last year I did 2 festivals plus 4 fly-to concert events and it ate up essentially all my vacation time. Thus I will probably only do 1 music-related trip this summer, which will almost certainly be a Phish run.

Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:35 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
beach bob wrote:

I was actually directing that mainly at nickyler who seemed to really be unimpressed by the Peach.

I am not sure if I will be at the Peach, probably not. Depends what I end up doing for Phish Summer tour. This year I will probably have to scale back to 3-4 music related travels/trips before my fiancee divorces me before we are even married (actually just need to save vacay days for wedding, etc). Last year I did 2 festivals plus 4 fly-to concert events and it ate up essentially all my vacation time. Thus I will probably only do 1 music-related trip this summer, which will almost certainly be a Phish run.

Upon review of the lineup I realized that it also contained, NOT MULE

Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:50 am Profile
Wanee Lover

nickyler wrote:
handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
beach bob wrote:

Upon review of the lineup I realized that it also contained, NOT MULE

Mule is the band that makes or breaks a lineup for you ? I like Warren and Mule and all but :roll:

Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:02 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

peach lineup? they all are good. but ive seen them all before.

Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:54 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

TR3 and the Emmitt Neeshi band would make great peach additions. Continuing the theme of "bands with guys who used to be in good bands".

Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:01 pm Profile
 [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 23  Next