Last visit was: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:37 pm It is currently Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:37 pm




 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Suwannee- April 
Author Message
♫♫ Wanee Master ♫♫

Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:43 pm
Posts: 6562
Post Re: Suwannee- April
Tap, tap, tap... Tap, tap, tap... Ho hum... Sigh...

The longer I wait, the more likely I am to plan something else...

_________________
Miss you all!


Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:46 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:21 pm
Posts: 93
Location: Wellington, FL
Post Re: Suwannee- April
EnjoyingTheRide wrote:
Tap, tap, tap... Tap, tap, tap... Ho hum... Sigh...

The longer I wait, the more likely I am to plan something else...



Definitely a concern. Last Facebook rumor I saw was a couple more weeks before any announcement. Seems very late, but just have to hope that booking of bands is progressing nicely in secret.

I'm optimistic.


Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:49 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:07 pm
Posts: 1407
Post Re: Suwannee- April
HappyEER wrote:
EnjoyingTheRide wrote:
Tap, tap, tap... Tap, tap, tap... Ho hum... Sigh...

The longer I wait, the more likely I am to plan something else...



Definitely a concern. Last Facebook rumor I saw was a couple more weeks before any announcement. Seems very late, but just have to hope that booking of bands is progressing nicely in secret.

I'm optimistic.


I'm now confident it will happen, but I bet this year it will be on a small scale. I would not expect anywhere near the Peach Fest lineup for this new fest that will be announced with fairly short notice.


Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:20 am Profile
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:08 am
Posts: 12672
Location: Florida
Post Re: Suwannee- April
handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
HappyEER wrote:
EnjoyingTheRide wrote:
Tap, tap, tap... Tap, tap, tap... Ho hum... Sigh...

The longer I wait, the more likely I am to plan something else...


I'm now confident it will happen, but I bet this year it will be on a small scale. I would not expect anywhere near the Peach Fest lineup for this new fest that will be announced with fairly short notice.



I'd be happy with a wide cross section of local talent. There are so many under appreciated bands out there. I'm not expecting anything on the scale of Peach Fest, but hope it's not just some thrown together afterthought project. The fact that it's been in the works for awhile suggests that it's not. It's going to be a huge family reunion in any case (with music).

_________________
~~Can't go back and you can't stand still. If the peaches don't get you, then the mushrooms will.~~


Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:07 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:28 am
Posts: 903
Post Re: Suwannee- April
AndieBee wrote:


I'd be happy with a wide cross section of local talent. There are so many under appreciated bands out there. I'm not expecting anything on the scale of Peach Fest, but hope it's not just some thrown together afterthought project. The fact that it's been in the works for awhile suggests that it's not. It's going to be a huge family reunion in any case (with music).


The Family Reunion Fest or Brothers & Sisters Fest would be great name ideas (especially if picking a name is holding up the announcement).


Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:11 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:07 pm
Posts: 1407
Post Re: Suwannee- April
How about the “Friends, Libations and Noise Music Festival”; aka the F LN fest.


Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:55 am Profile
Wanee Wizard
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:16 pm
Posts: 3240
Location: Grant FL
Post Re: Suwannee- April
handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
How about the “Friends, Libations and Noise Music Festival”; aka the F LN fest.



Ok folks. Shut down the internet. THIS is the best.


Image

_________________
'I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.'


Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:21 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:48 am
Posts: 3192
Post Re: Suwannee- April
handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
How about the “Friends, Libations and Noise Music Festival”; aka the F LN fest.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Epic! Best thing I've read all week... kudos!


Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:32 am Profile
Wanee Wizard
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:16 pm
Posts: 3240
Location: Grant FL
Post Re: Suwannee- April
@ Mr Mangoes - posted that on the Wanee Family FB page with FULL credit to you. Getting good reactions.

_________________
'I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.'


Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:33 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:40 pm
Posts: 3117
Location: FL
Post Re: Suwannee- April
I am almost more interested in the direction they go than actually going. LN was phoning it in for sure, but that peach lineup to me looks like the same damn thing we've been seeing over and over.

Not Phish, Not the dead, Almost Not the Dead, and String cheese.

The under cards are more attractive, but it looks like a Mag/Spring lineup more than a Wanee lineup.

I will say that it would have made a killer Wanee lineup, but only because we are used to the disappointment LN has been dumping on us for the last 4 years. Look at the 2011 wanee lineup and then tell me how incredible peach fest is.

Give us an april fest with a fresh lineup and let's build it together.

I like andibees take. Start local. Call it:

Watching Alot of Nobodys Entertain Everyone

_________________
"Yeah, well, ya know, that's just like uh... your opinion, man"


Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:33 pm Profile
 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CCBot, Choopa.net/ahrefs.com[Bot], Google [Bot], Linkdex (SEO bot), Majestic-12 [Bot] and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Intentional bypassing of the word filter will lead to user banning. The forum is used by all ages and walks of life and your respect for that is appreciated.
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.