Last visit was: Sun May 19, 2019 9:37 pm It is currently Sun May 19, 2019 9:37 pm

[ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
 Suwannee- April 
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

Post Re: Suwannee- April
Let's hope the price for campsites is A LOT cheaper than the Wanee prices. Otherwise, I might got primitive down by the Volke crew!!

Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:58 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

HappyEER wrote:
Haha, ... "JB" (John Bell) is an acquired taste! He's grown on me, but I certainly understand those that can't take his voice.

I am progressively realizing that I may be in the minority here but I think John Bell is a rockstar and has a great “southern rock-type” voice.

Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:02 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

nickyler wrote:
You can buy a s#%t load of batteries and extra jugs of water for $400.

HELL YES! Dont forget camo netting too... :lol:

Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:19 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

AndieBee wrote:
Let's hope the price for campsites is A LOT cheaper than the Wanee prices. Otherwise, I might got primitive down by the Volke crew!!

i might do the same ... depending on the costs

Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:20 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

I seem to agree with everything Mangos has to say... and there are a lot of up-and-coming jam bands that could be had for a small price.... add in a few older has beens, like Loverboy, and we've got a party going on! ;)

Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:26 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
HappyEER wrote:
Haha, ... "JB" (John Bell) is an acquired taste! He's grown on me, but I certainly understand those that can't take his voice.

I am progressively realizing that I may be in the minority here but I think John Bell is a rockstar and has a great “southern rock-type” voice.

Well, rockstar he is. And yeah, he does have a good hard rockin' voice. I could see him in a metal band.
(*and as I type that, he is singing in 'Stop Breakin' Down Blues'. Sounds like an Allman tune!! FIRST tune today I would call 'Southern Rock'.)

I have been listening to 'last show' in lists to listen to. Maybe I should try first, before his voice is blown out.. :idea:

Well, WANEE 2016 was the best sounding so far....but I have chicago 5/16/2016 now. Absolutely the best vocal mix all day.

Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:37 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Volkemon, check out the St Augustine Panic shows from Sept 2018, the Friday and Sunday shows are the best Panic shows I’ve seen since Mikey Houser (orig guitarist)
Died.

I’ve been going to Panic shows since 89 and they stack up to some other heaters from 89-2002 I saw.

To be honest their Wanee sets the last few years have not been the better Panic shows, although last years sets were closer to the norm.

Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:24 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
HappyEER wrote:

He has more soul than most white boys you find on stage, but he grew up a big Motown fan.

Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:26 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

nickyler wrote:
Just a random thought by me, but I would think that there will be way less campsites sold unless they offer a significant price discount. Like Half. Early april means no need for a fan or an AC to sleep at night. Also without the Wanee name we can probably expect a much thinner crowd. .

Not s random thought at all, I believe you make a valid point, however the temps can easily be up the high 80’s and seasonally warm temps at night in Early April, it’s only 2 weeks earlier.

Those of you that haven’t had a chance before to have a campsite within shouting distance of the peach stage should go for it if you can, nothing like cooking breakfast/lunch with Bobby Lee on the Peach.
It’s nice to take an afternoon nap at the camp with the music playing, or if it rains you can still hear it with getting dumped on.

Good Lordy I’m getting fired up! Announcement Monday!!!!!

Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:39 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

hope for brr creek type of lineup dumpster lettuce ext. ready for some funk

Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:33 pm Profile
 [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next