Last visit was: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:40 pm It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:40 pm

[ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 23  Next
 Suwannee- April 
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: Suwannee- April
Sweet.

Some days, I am the one that pisses on the corn flakes here.

Other days, other folks are stirring the poop, and I get to read and be entertained. I'm enjoying reading this board today.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I do love all you Wanee board regulars. Thanks for being here. :D 8-)

Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:20 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Back at ya, Bob!

Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:44 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Rivernole wrote:
So...let's see.....in the last few years we have lost
Magnolia Fest
Bear Creek
And now Wanee....

How effing sad! Those were my favorites....
MagFest did not survive in St. Auggie
Not sure if Bear Creek is still alive in NOLA
Pretty sure Wanee will die in Ft. Lauderdale...a slow agonizing death....Block Party, my ass.

Don’t forget Aura.

The constant optimist in me says that the old has to pass in order for the new to develop, and the recent and remote history of the planet suggests that evolution is almost invariably a good thing. That being said, loosing 3 of probably my top 5 all time favorite festivals is a tough pill to swallow.

Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:20 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Volkemon wrote:
I dont agree with your assumption that LN wanted or tried to get 'top notch talent' for the block party. I am of the mind they got the minimum they could 'get away' with.

They (LN) are in the business to MAKE MONEY. Thats about it, IMO.

I am also curious to see what Paul (aka 'Some Random Promoter' :lol: ) gets lined up. I think he may have a few connections in the business.

Plus I think he truly does give a sh*t about the people and the park. For what thats worth...

I didn’t know Paul was the promoter i just thought he had inside info. My bad .... i say that a lot on this board. Stop with your facts RANDY!!! :D

Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:40 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Who is the promoter for Hulaween? I have not been, just a Wanee regular. But I have heard nothing but good about it and it appears to make a great deal of money.

Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:31 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Well... I believe 'Paul the Wolf' is promoter for Hula and is going to be doing this new festy... if and when we hear news.

@Maestro - Not sure if Paul is the promoter :mrgreen: NO factual basis.....just sorta assuming from posts here. So dont get too worked up about unverified 'facts' :lol:

Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:41 am Profile
Wanee Lover

PGator wrote:
Who is the promoter for Hulaween? I have not been, just a Wanee regular. But I have heard nothing but good about it and it appears to make a great deal of money.

Hulaween is put on by Purple Hat Productions and Silver Wrapper. Purple Hat Productions also puts on, you guessed it, Purple Hatters Ball, and I’m not 100% sure but i feel like I’ve seen their name affiliated with the other festivals at the park over the years (I am thinking Bear Creek, but maybe i’m wrong). I don’t know anything about Silver Wrapper but their website shows mostly individual show promotions, a couple (presumably small) festivals i’ve never heard of, then the Hulaween juggernaut. I assumed they were somehow affiliated directly with SCI but it doesn’t appear so.

It has been implied for years, although i’m not sure ever explicitly stated or confirmed, that paulthewolf is Paul Levine who i believe has been involved with various festivals at the park for many years (and definitely has been involved with at least the last couple of Hulas).

Regardless of the details, they indeed put on one hell of a festival!

Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:57 am Profile
Wanee Fan

on their facebook page

Attachment:
51308397_10156387233874830_7510593676834242560_n.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:42 pm Profile
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

Finally, an official word. Now more waiting... I'm in. Word is RV sites go on sale Feb 11th when the lineup comes out. If you want the same site as Wanee, you have 30 days to grab it.

Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:17 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

YES!! The announcement of the announcement!!

Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:27 pm Profile
 [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 23  Next