Last visit was: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:38 pm It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:38 pm

[ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Looks like peach is a go.... 
Wanee Veteran

Post Looks like peach is a go....
Just kind of reinforces the idea LN quit on Wanee for reasons outside of what most people might think. I personally believe LN wanted a bigger piece of SOSMP and the park told them to get lost. As much as I hate seeing it go LN sucks and good riddance to them.

I could see LN telling the park organizers that if they want Wanee to continue they want a piece of other festivals or that they tried to stifle competition from other promoters sat SOSMP.

It seems like all of the festivals ar montage mountain are run by LN. Camp Bisco for example is LN.

Screw them and so far it seems like removing LN is good for business at the park. Replacements are coming.

Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:49 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Looks like peach is a go....
funkengroovin wrote:
Just kind of reinforces the idea LN quit on Wanee for reasons outside of what most people might think. I personally believe LN wanted a bigger piece of SOSMP and the park told them to get lost. As much as I hate seeing it go LN sucks and good riddance to them.

I could see LN telling the park organizers that if they want Wanee to continue they want a piece of other festivals or that they tried to stifle competition from other promoters sat SOSMP.

It seems like all of the festivals ar montage mountain are run by LN. Camp Bisco for example is LN.

Screw them and so far it seems like removing LN is good for business at the park. Replacements are coming.

That’s an interesting thought, LN wanting a piece of the park. A big F you to them. Good riddance.

Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:29 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

That's speculative, but it *is* a possibility... a big dog in business isn't generally known for being subtle, or accepting being its current size. Seems the big entities always strive to consume the entire market, whether that's best for everyone, or even themselves.

If true, it does betray a real cluelessness about the SOSMP, which has been family owned for decades. Everyone has their price is suppose, but the Cornetts have supported many other smaller events at the park over the years, like Boy Scout weekends and such. I suspect they actually give a damn about the local economy, and they show it by supporting the more local events, as well as running a few big events to stay viable. Some interloper like Live Nation looking to grab a piece of them, would not be kindly received. I hope, anyways. :)

~~~~~~~

I tend to think LN intentionally starved the beast... Wanee has never received the care or attention that Peach has had over the years... and with the significant drop in attendance seen at Wanee 2018, it was all the 'evidence' they needed to shut her down. Anyone that believes the Easter calendar reasoning, I got some FL swampland to sell them.

At this point (until we hear more about that pending fist weekend in April thing), I encourage y'all with an open mind to check out the park's March and October festys. Still a lot of good vibes to be had.

Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:57 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

beach bob wrote:
That's speculative, but it *is* a possibility... a big dog in business isn't generally known for being subtle, or accepting being its current size. Seems the big entities always strive to consume the entire market, whether that's best for everyone, or even themselves.

If true, it does betray a real cluelessness about the SOSMP, which has been family owned for decades. Everyone has their price is suppose, but the Cornetts have supported many other smaller events at the park over the years, like Boy Scout weekends and such. I suspect they actually give a damn about the local economy, and they show it by supporting the more local events, as well as running a few big events to stay viable. Some interloper like Live Nation looking to grab a piece of them, would not be kindly received. I hope, anyways. :)

~~~~~~~

I tend to think LN intentionally starved the beast... Wanee has never received the care or attention that Peach has had over the years... and with the significant drop in attendance seen at Wanee 2018, it was all the 'evidence' they needed to shut her down. Anyone that believes the Easter calendar reasoning, I got some FL swampland to sell them.

At this point (until we hear more about that pending fist weekend in April thing), I encourage y'all with an open mind to check out the park's March and October festys. Still a lot of good vibes to be had.

From what I can tell LN runs all of the festivals at montage mountain. So it is worthwhile to invest in that market

I am willing to bet they wanted more out of SOSMP. I guarantee they were not keen on bigger and better festivals coming onto the same turf, hula for example.

I think Sosmp told them to peace the f out

Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:34 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
funkengroovin wrote:

That’s an interesting thought, LN wanting a piece of the park. A big F you to them. Good riddance.

LN loves controlling venues. There are many venues that can only be booked through LN.

Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:36 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Trending on facebook - #fucklivenation

For good reason. :twisted:

Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:35 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

funkengroovin wrote:
I think Sosmp told them to peace the f out

:D

It's a real possibility. Good analysis! :idea:

Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:47 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Bring It On!
Bring on WSMP!
Bring back the missing players LN dissed!

Call it Live Nothing!

Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:09 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

NC/Wanee wrote:
Call it Live Nothing!

The Nothing Ventured Fest.

8-) :D

Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:55 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

:o :?