Last visit was: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:17 pm It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:17 pm

[ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 JIC we have to say goodbye.... 
Wanee Wizard

Post JIC we have to say goodbye....
Well, for as long as the forum lasts, I will keep checking.

Been a great growing experience with all of you. Thanks to those who helped, apologies to all those I was an A**hole to.

WANEE!!!!

Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:55 pm Profile
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

Post Re: JIC we have to say goodbye....
Wow, I never thought of the Forum going away too, but I guess anything can happen. If it does, it's been a pleasure folks!

Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:18 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

It's been a pleasure flying with you all. Be sure to check your seat pocket for cell phones and such before departing.

FWIW, for y'all who are less tech savvy, if want to actually stay in touch with the SOS/BOS, there's an active SOS/BOS Facebook page. I realize FB is the proverbial Alice's Wonderland descent into a well... but lots of your old pals are there.
:idea: :D

Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:38 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

...take the lessons that you've learned here and let them serve you well, as you teach them to others, with Love. I Love my Wanee family and am thankful that it happened at all. I hope to see errbody soon at other shows and fests. Don't let anybody or anything bring you down!

:D :D :D

Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:56 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:40 am Profile
Wanee Lover

That photo of Bob Ross holding a baby raccoon did indeed brighten up my day.

I posted this in a different thread but if/when this forum goes anyway does anyone have any other ideas for a new forum for us liked minded individuals to visit? I’ve unfortunately never meet any of you in person (closest I got was beach bob at Dead and Co in fl last year but I had some travel issues and arrived late) , but I sincerely enjoy the interactions on thus forum. Would hate to lose this community.

I refuse to do the Facebook but if no one else is any other ideas I will plan to start a thread on antsmarching.org when this forum disappears. I will call it “The Officials wanee Forum Replacement Thread” and it will be in the “non-DMB” section (which has changing name but is currently called “ESO Que Si EsC” (for some reason which I do not understand).

Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:26 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Join Facebook.

Resistance is FUTILE.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:32 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

I mean, seriously... I realize the privacy concerns of FB, but 90% of the this place's regulars are already over there on the FB OS/SOS page...

Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:34 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Yeah, I was a luddite towards facebook for a few years. Even went as far as fake name, address, age etc.

Sorta like the people that resisted the telephone back in the day I guess... Who wants their name and number printed for ALL to see?!?! :lol: TOTAL strangers can even reach out and make your phone ring... and bother you. Now look at how normal that is. :mrgreen:

Now I am in the process of 'fixing' my FB id to reflect reality. :roll: I have found it a tool that really has no equal for social networking. Contacting bands and venues has never been easier. Information is much more readily available also.

I am comfortable giving up my 'expectation of privacy' when using it also. I dont think such is enforced by ANY site I go to anyway, so might as well assume it gone.

I think the WORST part of facebook is some of the realities it makes you face (!) about people you know. I am a fiscal conservative, and know a couple extreme right wingers. (I guess 'Alt-right' is the term now) and some of the sh*t they said about Obama... IMO stupid and narrow minded. I didnt vote for him, but hey....he was MY president. Just cause your team loses, it does not invalidate the other teams win, right?
Some of the hate speech from the alt-left over the past two years has been INCREDIBLE. Pattie has been in tears several times over things she read there from people she knows and loves from our group. From people she only knew in a 'happy place' doing happy things. During this past election, many times coming home from work meant about an hour of Pattie telling me the hateful things our friends said..and I have determined that she MUST release this toxic stuff, so I listen patiently. I am trying to have her unfollow... as Rev Billy Wirtz said - " If it disturbs you, STOP LOOKING AT IT. "

But that is the down side (for me) of FB. After reading such hate and vitriol, I unfortunately look at these people differently. I do avoid them, and wish I didnt. Cant unsee. Wish I could. Truth can suck sometimes. Thats why politics isnt discussed here. But it is big time on FB. :(

On reflection, I think KNOW ( ;) ) I have said some pretty petty and stupid things here over the years, but I hope anything hateful, or wishing evil on others and their families has not been a part of it. And I make run on sentences.

My 2 cents. Market value may be less. :lol:

Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:50 am Profile
Wanee Lover

I don’t really care about the privacy thing. But you hit the nail on the head about all the toxic s#%t you see on Fb and social media as a whole. Much of it policiti a, but plenty of other bulls#%t as well

I try to not engage in anything unless it makes me a better person or a happier person. FB and social media as a whole does not do either, in fact it’s the opposite. So I’ve washed my hands of it. It’s been a great life decision. Same with policitical agnosticism and complete avoidance of “news” media. I would highly recommend all of the above to everyone.

Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:02 pm Profile
 [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next