Last visit was: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:15 pm It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:15 pm

[ 6 posts ] 
 Possible wanee news 
Wanee Lover

Post Possible wanee news
looking and playing around on the sosmp website you cannot book rv spots for the week of 4-20 however there is some event that weekend not wanee however. I forgot what its called. The following weekend cannot be booked either 4-27 so there is a possibility it is not dead just yet. You can book the weekend of the 13th so if no wanee i will be there that weekend to just hang out. We should all do that, go camp and hang out together and listen to loverboy and avoid work.

Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:01 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: Possible wanee news
Tipper & Friends is the 4/20 weekend at SOSMP. Tipper is some DJ.

A few weeks ago, when I heard Tipper had moved their thing to the 4/20 date, that was the biggest red flag that Wanee was tits up. And it remains so, in my mind anyways...

Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:09 am Profile
Wanee Lover

beach bob wrote:
Tipper & Friends is the 4/20 weekend at SOSMP. Tipper is some DJ.

A few weeks ago, when I heard Tipper had moved their thing to the 4/20 date, that was the biggest red flag that Wanee was tits up. And it remains so, in my mind anyways...

I would agree but trying to be a positive polly here. That is easter weekend and as long as ive been going it has never been easter weekend. so the following week is a small possibility but we shall see

Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:26 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Indeed we shall. FWIW, on the Bookface BOS/SOS page, there's a lot of talk of a SOSMP camp trip, fest or not.

Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:51 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

I am remaining hopeful and always willing to stir up speculation. So here goes:

Devon's Facebook site is teasing a major announcement on Monday November 5. It specifically mentions he and Duane Betts. Word is already out that they have recorded music together and will be releasing it next year, so this could be the official announcement of that. But could it also be related to Wanee…..I am hoping so.

Last year the line up was announced in early November after 420 had made their initial lineup announcement. So the timing works.

Let's say LN is out or has accepted that Wanee will be a smaller event, more like it was in the earlier years. A Devon & Duane combined band would bring out the ABB faithful. Add Mule and few of the regulars (i.e. North Mississippi & Dumpsta ) to the festival and you could see crowds the size of the early, pre-LN versions. I have been to each one since the second and those early, just two day, ABB focused ones were as fun as any of the bigger ones.

Lastly, if Wanee has been know for anything over the years it is announcements of announcements (& not announcing the schedule until the last minute). So the fact that Devon's people did exactly that, I am still believing.

That said, if we do not get a Wanee 2019, count me in for a 4/13 weekend bootleg Wanee reunion (or whatever we want to call it). You can take Wanee out of the festival line-up, but you can't take Wanee out of its fans.

Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:54 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:51 pm Profile
 [ 6 posts ]