Last visit was: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:16 pm It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:16 pm

[ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 FESTIVAL 2019 
Wanee Mushroom

Post Re: FESTIVAL 2019
What a bad business deal concerning Live Nation & ABB. Certainly looking forward to the park finding someone else to carry on with the original spirit ... whatever name they have to move to.

Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:50 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Volkemon wrote:
The facebook Wanee Festival Family page and BOS/SOS pages (both private) encompass many of the people here.

Even Rivernole. :)

I don't do the Facebook. The only other forum I use is antsmarching.org, which is a DMB forum full of garbage, but I only post in the Phish and GD threads. If this disappears I'll start a Wanee thread over there, and the forum tradition can continue.

Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:36 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

From The Gov'nah

Quote:
Adam Pierce
Admin · 5 hrs
SOSMP IS doing something April 4th 5th and 6th. i called today to ask and got confirmation that a waneelike festival is in the finalization of plans to release to the public within the next 2 weeks!
The name will change but the Party will remain! Bring on the 11th anniversary of the Brothers and Sisters of the Suwannee and meet and greet!

:D

Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:51 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Volkemon wrote:
From The Gov'nah

Quote:
Adam Pierce
Admin · 5 hrs
SOSMP IS doing something April 4th 5th and 6th. i called today to ask and got confirmation that a waneelike festival is in the finalization of plans to release to the public within the next 2 weeks!
The name will change but the Party will remain! Bring on the 11th anniversary of the Brothers and Sisters of the Suwannee and meet and greet!

:D

Great news if true! And would actually mean an EXPANSION of SoSMP fests for the first time in many years (Branquility, Springfest, new-Wanee-ish fest, Tipper and Friends). Sounds like a SOLID spring. f!*k Live Nation, you can't keep us down!

Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:17 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Amen! "Necessity is the mother of all invention."

I'm just stoked that the park appears to be marching forward despite the setback. The effort likely means a LOT to those that have been attending for many, many years. Hell, I think many would volunteer anything they could to keep the train rolling on.

Last edited by HappyEER on Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:02 am Profile
Wanee Lover

I’m not sure who will be playing this new festival in April but i want to be the first to say the line up sucks :lol:

Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:37 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

maestro63 wrote:
...I want to be the first to say the line up sucks :lol:

Dude.

You should know that I'm just Working for the Weekend, and waiting for my boss to Turn Me Loose, so that I can hit the Suwannee ... you know I'll be Lovin' Every Minute and thinking This Could Be the Night, as I check out the Hot Girls in Love while some rockin' bands Take Me to the Top. With any luck, I'll avoid the Queen of the Broken Hearts and Destination Heartbreak, knowing that When It's Over, we of the SOS/BOS will know we are truly the Lucky Ones.

Last edited by beach bob on Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:00 pm Profile
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

beach bob wrote:
maestro63 wrote:

Dude.

You should know that I'm just Working for the Weekend, and waiting for my boss to Turn Me Loose, so that I can hit the Suwannee ... you know I'll be Lovin' Every Minute and thinking This Could Be the Night, as I check out the Hot Girls in Love while some rockin' bands Take Me to the Top. With any luck, I'll avoid the Queen of the Broken Hearts and Destination Heartbreak, knowing that we of the SOS/BOS, are truly the Lucky Ones.

Oh Lord! Save me, save me!

Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:06 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

AndieBee wrote:
Oh Lord! Save me, save me!

From what?

Are you at the mercy of Gangs in the Street, with a Bullet in the Chamber or something?? Don’t Keep Me in the Dark.

Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:12 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

beach bob wrote:
maestro63 wrote:

Dude.

You should know that I'm just Working for the Weekend, and waiting for my boss to Turn Me Loose, so that I can hit the Suwannee ... you know I'll be Lovin' Every Minute and thinking This Could Be the Night, as I check out the Hot Girls in Love while some rockin' bands Take Me to the Top. With any luck, I'll avoid the Queen of the Broken Hearts and Destination Heartbreak, knowing that we of the SOS/BOS, are truly the Lucky Ones.

:lol: :lol:

Bob...

You are in the prime of your life, why do you jump when he is just getting started? The 'I told you so' 's will continue, but its a one sided love affair with destination heartbreak with him. Heck, he is notorious for getting me to meltdown in the past, but now I just see a prissy prissy, and it dont matter.
The bullet is in the chamber at SOSMP for the chance of a lifetime - a new festy at a place that cant get much better. The camping there is as good as it gets, heck, its almost paradise.
Looks like WANEE is DOA, but BOS/SOS will be back for more and love will rise again.
If SOSMP pitches a lineup that is in the strike zone, thats where my money goes. Friday night at the Mushroom... with that hometown hero BIG MIKE. WANEE may have been the one that got away, but lest hope the next festys dont get too big too soon, and leave us stranded again.
I aint looking for love posting this message, but meeting all my friends at the park is always on my mind!

My that was fun. Nice challenge, Bob!

Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:17 pm Profile
 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next