Last visit was: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:15 pm It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:15 pm

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Rivernole Recovery Efforts from Hurricane Michael 
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: Rivernole Recovery Efforts from Hurricane Michael
Welcome Bob!

Wish I had the means to just go up and help for a week or two, but gotta work. This helped to relieve some of the frustration that created.

Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:48 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: Rivernole Recovery Efforts from Hurricane Michael
Rivernole Report!

Things are much better, they now have power and satellite TV. No phones or internet yet...

No word on fixing his roof. They keep delaying, but there are others in MUCH worse shape, so he is patient.

Tree cleanup on the farm and house will be a LONG project. Most all of the trees in the pine forest are laid down. LOTS of lumber and pulp material. Unfortunately, the mills were damaged also by the storm and cant take them. So...on the ground they stay. The tree crop is down, cant be harvested, and must be cleared before new lumber can be planted. The forest service has offered to do a 75/25 cost share - it will only cost him 25% of the true cost to RIP UP AND THROW AWAY his retirement income. :shock: :cry:

Yeah, we enjoyed Roots and many enjoyed Hula. Some brothers and sisters didnt get to. Hell, Richard barely knew what month it was.

I was not happy to break the news about WANEE's demise. HE had not heard. Glad there is something to look forward to on the 4-6 I could report with it.

Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:57 am Profile
 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3