Last visit was: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:36 pm It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:36 pm

[ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Rivernole Recovery Efforts from Hurricane Michael 
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: Rivernole Recovery Efforts from Hurricane Michael
Welcome Bob!

Wish I had the means to just go up and help for a week or two, but gotta work. This helped to relieve some of the frustration that created.

Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:48 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Rivernole Report!

Things are much better, they now have power and satellite TV. No phones or internet yet...

No word on fixing his roof. They keep delaying, but there are others in MUCH worse shape, so he is patient.

Tree cleanup on the farm and house will be a LONG project. Most all of the trees in the pine forest are laid down. LOTS of lumber and pulp material. Unfortunately, the mills were damaged also by the storm and cant take them. So...on the ground they stay. The tree crop is down, cant be harvested, and must be cleared before new lumber can be planted. The forest service has offered to do a 75/25 cost share - it will only cost him 25% of the true cost to RIP UP AND THROW AWAY his retirement income. :shock: :cry:

Yeah, we enjoyed Roots and many enjoyed Hula. Some brothers and sisters didnt get to. Hell, Richard barely knew what month it was.

I was not happy to break the news about WANEE's demise. HE had not heard. Glad there is something to look forward to on the 4-6 I could report with it.

Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:57 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Thanks for the help folks!

I am sure Rivernole will check in when he gets internet. :)

Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:11 am Profile
Wanee Lover

I have been worried sick about something. I gave him a loverboy greatest hits cd and i hope it weathered the storm and he can listen to hot girls in love while cleaning up

Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:16 pm Profile
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

I am amazed and humbled by Mr Rivernole's bright outlook and optimism in the face of this very rough time. We could all use a little bit of that.

Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:58 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

I have yet to hear ANY regret, anger or want in his voice when we talk. Only positive outlook, and concern for his neighbors. His closest neighbor had the house destroyed, so is staying at Richards house in a camper.

He does set a fine example.

@Maestro - will ask about the loverboy CD when I talk with him. :lol:

Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:00 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

maestro63 wrote:
I have been worried sick about something. I gave him a loverboy greatest hits cd and i hope it weathered the storm and he can listen to hot girls in love while cleaning up

Richard said he remembered the CD, but has not listened to it yet 'post disaster'.

Its on his mind now. :lol:

Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:26 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Volkemon wrote:
maestro63 wrote:

Richard said he remembered the CD, but has not listened to it yet 'post disaster'.

Its on his mind now. :lol:

I kinda feel like it’s kicking someone when they are already down

Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:31 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Nah. All in good fun. He may actually look for it now. :lol:

Of course when it rains...it pours. And it did in Georgia, now the river is around 12 feet over normal. All his stuff is out of downstairs, and sump pumps running. He is just happy to have power to plug them in to. :D

Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:53 pm Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

Mr. Rivernole thanks all of you for your well wishes and support in his time of need.
I pray the day never comes when it is you.
Got the power on....got the satellite up and running.....
Phone service and internet are maybe months away....
It will be what it will be.
Know that i am here for anyone that needs help.....
My time is up on the computer at the library....
Maybe more next time
Love to you all (and that is not idle chatter).....
Rivernole

Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:28 pm Profile
 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next