Last visit was: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:18 pm It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:18 pm

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Rivernole Recovery Efforts from Hurricane Michael 
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

Post Re: Rivernole Recovery Efforts from Hurricane Michael
Has anyone heard from our friend? Hope there is some better news out there.

Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:55 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Just off talking with Rivernole.

Things are recovering, slowly. He is fortunate to be able to use filtered river water in 5 gal buckets for toilet use. (Says he uses an old T shirt for that.) Their septic was not affected.

No well water until power comes back. Or AC.

Power *might* be close... the crews were in the area, and Richards weatherhead / electrical service entrance was ripped off the house. They liberated some pieces needed from other places that had bigger problems, and things are now ready for the power to come on. :D

Many businesses and residents up there were wiped out, however. Richard feels very fortunate to still have a house, family and friends. Even though 90% of his old oak growth is destroyed. He has no internet access, and misses everyone here on the forum. Very much.

Andie B, Maestro, Nick... you were all mentioned during our talk, while I read some of the threads here to him for a 'forum fix' :lol:

He was touched by the fund. He is a VERY proud man, will give away anything to anyone. But will never ask. I bet he said 'You shouldn't have done that...' a dozen times... but I truly feel he was appreciative. It has to help. :mrgreen:

Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:17 pm Profile
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

Thanks Randy for keeping in touch and keeping us updated. It means a lot.

Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:26 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Ahhh he mentioned me!! I hope i can be the man Richard is one day. Thanks for the update randy i think since viper and tie your shoes don’t post often you have stepped up to be the forum patriarch. As long as you and Andie stick around this forum will have some couth.

Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:03 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

maestro63 wrote:
Ahhh he mentioned me!! I hope i can be the man Richard is one day. Thanks for the update randy i think since viper and tie your shoes don’t post often you have stepped up to be the forum patriarch. As long as you and Andie stick around this forum will have some couth.

Glad it made your day.

I feel I am FAR from the 'patriarch' of the forum now. :roll: More like that weird Uncle that you hope shows up drunk to family gatherings cause he is funny then. :lol:

The more I get to know Richard, the more impressed I am. The man has achieved a lot, but you would never know just meeting him. I really regret not seeing his 'Shangri La' of old Oak and meadows before it was destroyed. It will come back, but not in our lifetime. In the process of making my 'forever home', I can only imagine the heartbreak to see it ripped to shreds in a day after spending years to build it. I hope I would have the same positive outlook and attitude Richard still projects.

Maybe the forum has gotten a little more refined and cultured... or maybe its just that with bigger house, new property and grandson now I dont have the time to get butthurt over things that dont really matter. :mrgreen: And I feel thats a good thing.

Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:57 am Profile
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

I think we are as uncouth as ever, but when times get tough we are able to come together and circle the wagons. I love that about our group.

Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:45 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Power on!!

Mrs Nole got stuck in the driveway, and the crew that helped was so charmed by her they put up a few poles, got parts, strung lines and ZAP! :D

Water after fixing a few spigots. Internet and TV ...well.... coming.

Things are SO much better with power. He thanks all for the support.

Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:48 pm Profile
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

Thanks for the update! Glad to see things returning to normal, kind of...

Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:34 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

family

Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:16 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Adding my thanks for the updates, Volkemon! Power on = YAY! It throws open the door to all sorts of other stuff that can be done, which will improve Rivernole's situation. So glad for the news.
:D

Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:25 pm Profile
 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next