Last visit was: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:16 pm It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:16 pm

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Rivernole Recovery Efforts from Hurricane Michael 
Wanee Wizard

Post Rivernole Recovery Efforts from Hurricane Michael
OK, finally talked with Rivernole, aka Richard. He and the family are battered, but safe.

They rode out the storm in the house, and Rivernole said never again. Said it was quite the experience.

Their house suffered RELATIVELY little damage. (still there...) He had one big tree hit the house and he thinks break a truss. They have the roof covered, another friend 'liberated' a Subway billboard cover, :shock: :lol: and they used that as a tarp.

Property damage is excessive. They had volunteers cut a path out for them after a few days, and got them access to roads. 6-8 weeks for power is the best estimate. Richard is currently hauling buckets of water for their needs. Running a big generator by day, small one at night.

Property clean up is the biggest hurdle. He has a quote to have all the HUGE (36-48 INCH trunks..) cut up so the power company can even access the property...quoted $36K. That does not include removal, just cutting them up. :(

Started a funding page. I put $3k as a goal. Hope we can exceed that.

When you donate, watch for added causes. :twisted: NOT cool. You can remove them using the edit button next to the charge.

https://www.plumfund.com/community-crow ... le-recover

EDIT 30 OCT 2018 09 NOV 2018 nothing new. :? -

We are at $1420 , with 12 donors. :D

Thanks to:

TieYourShoes51 (and Donna)
BeachBob
AndieB (And her champion, Bob!)
Handsandfeetaremangoes aka Mangoman
Mule4Ever
Maestro63
Harmonica_Dude
Rev Hugh Manatee
Ribs-n-Whiskey
Star Huff
Bill Baldwin

Last edited by Volkemon on Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:00 am, edited 3 times in total.

Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:21 am Profile
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

Post Re: Rivernole Recovery Efforts from Hurricane Michael
Thank you so much for setting this up Randy. I'm headed there to contribute. Doing what we can.

Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:40 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Volke Mon, is the MAN, once again. Thank you.

Worthy cause, folks!! Rivernole is the one of the kindest people I've ever met... he could really use the help.

Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:22 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Volkemon wrote:
6-8 weeks for power is the best estimate.

FWIW, a storm this bad is inherently slow for getting the lights back on. The power company will prioritize restoring power to those who can accept power. In the worst hit areas, most homes and businesses aren't inhabitable, and so the structures must be repaired (right on down to the weatherhead where the electrical wires come into the house), before the power will be restored.

Hospitals, cop shops and fire stations, and retirement / assisted living places get the highest priority for power restoration. Along with *some* of the nearby hotels, one of which FEMA will commandeer, and the rest get used by other emergency services... Next in line are public essentials like gas stations. After restoration to those are started, priority goes to restoring the power to the most accounts that are ready to receive it. In other words, the lesser damaged areas will see lights come on well before the more severely hit areas. The power company eventually will work towards the worst areas. Bear in mind that lots (LOTS!) of tree clearing has to be done, before any bucket trucks can string the lights up.

PLEASE, if you are among those affected, show some patience with the restoration people. It will look disorganized and chaotic for awhile... some of it won't seem to make sense, and sometimes it will appear that people and resources aren't being used efficiently. There's a degree of that in any restoration. It starts as pure chaos, with very little in the way of good, solid info as to what is damaged where, and what first needs to happen to restore. It takes a while before a solid, regular, and routine restoration plan takes shape and is put into action. We all need to give each other a smile, and show a little kindness, to get through such a disaster.

[Disclaimer: while some of y'all know who I work for, these are purely my own personal thoughts, and my comments should not be construed as representing any company or corporation, in particular any entity responding to Hurricane Michael. I'm just sharing what I have seen in the past.]

Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:42 pm Profile
♫♫ Wanee Master ♫♫

Thank you thank you thank you.

I hit it earlier.

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:17 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

done

Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:43 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Thanks Randy for the update! Just posted over there just now.

Rivernole, if you watching...

We’re here for you brother!

Keep On Smilin'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBM6Gbi8qTk

Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:44 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

I spoke to Mr. 'nole today. He is taking this in stride as you would expect. Not sure that I could. :shock: :?

I'm also emailing this link to folks that don't know Rivernole in case they want to help! I encourage others to do the same!

Much Love!

Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:11 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

ReverendHugh wrote:
I spoke to Mr. 'nole today. He is taking this in stride as you would expect. Not sure that I could. :shock: :?

I'm also emailing this link to folks that don't know Rivernole in case they want to help! I encourage others to do the same!

Much Love!

So glad you guys talked. Richard was asking about you, and I do not have a number for you... Hope things are going well for you Rev!

Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:20 pm Profile
♫♫ Wanee Master ♫♫

Thank you Randy and all that are helping Richard!

Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:01 am Profile
 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next