Last visit was: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:15 pm It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:15 pm

[ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Hulaween Ticket Needed 
Wanee Mushroom

Post Hulaween Ticket Needed
Work schedule just freed up so I’m hoping to go. Should have bought an early ticket and sold if I couldn’t go. Anyway, I need one now. Hoping some of my prior sales at no profit yield karma now and someone has an extra, really good karma if an early bird extra!!

Robb

Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:28 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Fan

Post Re: Hulaween Ticket Needed
I'm in the market for another friend, so if I hear about more than 1 ticket for sale, I'll let you know... sometimes they come in pairs. 8-)

Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:56 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Sounds great! Thanks. Just trying to make sure I don't get HulaScammed in tix. So much bad stuff out there.

Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:32 am Profile WWW
Wanee Lover

Ribs-n-Whiskey wrote:
Sounds great! Thanks. Just trying to make sure I don't get HulaScammed in tix. So much bad stuff out there.

Hula “tickets” are wristbands this year. No paper or electronic tickets for entry. I think it would be really difficult to fake a wrist band, unless there’s some scam I’m unaware of.

Either way good luck to you both on the search!

Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:27 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

From what I'm seeing on the boards.....the scam is they sell you a wristband but report it "lost or stolen" so it gets cancelled and the seller gets a new one issued. Seems several people have had this happen. Scammers gonna Scam.

Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:48 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Mushroom

That Hula crowd is a little different :-)

Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:50 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Wizard

Ribs-n-Whiskey wrote:
From what I'm seeing on the boards.....the scam is they sell you a wristband but report it "lost or stolen" so it gets cancelled and the seller gets a new one issued. Seems several people have had this happen. Scammers gonna Scam.

Yep! There were people in front of us at WANEE last year that got real, paper tix on craigslist that turned out to be no good. They had been reported lost, and replaced. The girl at the window was explaining that the park could not tell them who originally bought the tix, and another guy was dialing the number from the craigslist ad leaving some nasty messages.

I imagine the same trick would work with any ticket/band etc. And the original purchaser may not be in on the scam, they may have been a victim of theft. Then the thief sells the (now) no good ticket... :?

The only way I would buy a second hand ticket from someone not known to me is to have the person accompany me to the gate, or have them wait for payment until I was allowed in.

Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:04 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Sadly this is where StubHub helps since they guarantee the tix or replacement. Not perfect but better than the potential scams out there.

Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:41 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Lover

Don't buy anything on Craigslist ever, thats my policy.

Most secondary market ticket websites guarantee their tickets, but also charge an arm and a leg in fees (in addition to, in this case, well above face value prices).

Cash or Trade has been my go to for a number of years. All purchases on there are via Paypal which providers buyer protection which would refund you in the case of a fake ticket. And its a "face value" website so none of the posts will be over face/fees/shipping. I've had great success on that website, including to sold out shows. I've also sold a number of tickets on there, including to sold out events, and never above face value.

One last thing, for Hula you can (and must) register your wrist bands either online or the app. So if you do go the route of buying from someone you don't know register it on your phone at time of purchase and that will confirm its legit.

Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:51 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Ribs-n-Whiskey wrote:
Sadly this is where StubHub helps since they guarantee the tix or replacement. Not perfect but better than the potential scams out there.
At the fare thee well shows in Chicago, the couple with us had StubHub tickets. The first two nights were fine, but on the last night their tickets proved to be fake. StubHub had a representative on site who came right over... and refunded their money. Then they spent the Grand Finale night sitting outside the venue on a bench. :cry:

Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:36 am Profile
 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next