Last visit was: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:26 am It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:26 am

[ 10 posts ] 
 Possible Wanee announcement scenarios. 
Wanee Veteran

Post Possible Wanee announcement scenarios.
Maybe we may see a new look/dates for the festival with an announcement and flyer drop coming during Hulaween.

Or maybe working with 420 fest to book weekend and crossover artists.

Certainly seems plausible.

Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:31 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: Possible Wanee announcement scenarios.
420 festival announced today details coming 10/23. The silence is broken. I bet wanee announces during hula.

Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:16 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

I hope that post on FB isn’t true.... :(

Lol my first instinct was to come on here to see evidence of plotting this prank like last years CRB rumor.

I mean even if Live Nation does cancel the festival it’d be like roots revival and mag fest dont ya think?

Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:12 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

BluesyScarlett wrote:
I mean even if Live Nation does cancel the festival it’d be like roots revival and mag fest dont ya think?

I don't intend to deflate your hopes... but a resurrection of something Wanee-ish (if in fact Live Nation ever announces that Wanee is officially done), would happen only through significant effort and labor put forward by another promoter.

In the cases of Roots Revival and Spring Reunion being a resurrection (more or less) of MagFest & SpringFest, that happened only because the original promoter for Mag/S'fest, Beth Judy, felt so strongly about continuing with some sort of spring and fall fests, to continue with the musical community that had already been established... She (and Randy Judy) had a vision about twenty years ago ... ran with it for many years until they could no longer afford to operate at a loss ($$), and had to sell those events. But the vision remained, as did the community. And so after some significant wrangling and hard feelings between old and new regimes, the Mag/S'fest people still gather at SOSMP, with Beth at the helm... having reclaimed the original vision, it's still a mighty uplifting thing.

What a Wanee-ish event in the future will need, is someone to 'pick up the pieces and re-tie the knot', as Ulysses Everett McGill said. Wanee was Butch's idea... and he lined up the parts and the people to make it happen. We will need someone to grab the bull by the horns and make something happen.

Well, I guess that enough tired cliches for one post :mrgreen:

Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:16 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

If Wanee is no more I think something will take its place (although I’m sure it wouldn’t be this year) , however it probably wouldn’t look like Wanee. But It’s an ideal time of year at an ideal venue, and there’s certainly a track record of successful spring festivals at the SoSMP.

On a somewhat related note It appears that Okeechobee is donezo already, which I find very surprising. From what I had heard it had been wildly successful (at least it’s first year I didn’t follow up about year 2).

Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:33 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

I'm sure you guys know this, but in case not...

Sunshine Blues was canceled this year, but TTB made a cryptic statement about Florida fans not being disappointed (or something along those lines). I was hoping that meant some sort of Wanee appearance.

Just hopeful speculation.

Blooby

Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:33 pm Profile
♫♫ Wanee Master ♫♫

Thanks, Beach Bob!

The language about Sunshine Music Festival (St. Pete and Boca) was that it was on hiatus for 2019.

There are lots of stories flying around. One of the more prominent is that LN will announce after a meeting Nov. 9. I'm not holding my breath, but perhaps we'll know something.

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:27 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Tell ya what, the winter & spring FL festival scene sure has changed over the last year or so:

2018 was the last year for Grassroots Fest (Feb.) down in Virginia Key (Miami)...

Sunshine Fest (Jan.) is on hiatus for 2019, with an undefined promise of ??? from TTB...

Wanee (April) is gasping its last breath of air...

And there are no regional alternatives cropping up to replace these...
:| :| :|

Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:04 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Really learning to appreciate the other smallish festivals at SOSMP. Hope they can keep those up as an option without driving to the "big cities".

Robb

Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:10 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Fan

If it turns out the Festival needs to be replaced, hopefully the park will do something on its own... like roots. It's a good time of year for a small feast. 8-)

Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:40 pm Profile
 [ 10 posts ]