Last visit was: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:22 am It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:22 am

[ 4 posts ] 
 DIY Camping trailers and camping gear fixes and adaptations. 
Wanee Wizard

Post DIY Camping trailers and camping gear fixes and adaptations.
Title pretty much says it all! and remember...

Warren and I sorta HiJacked the Roots 2018 thread with potty talk, so I figgered the subject deserved a new thread.

Headed out to work on my cargo hauling / spare room trailer. Its a motorcycle hauler that I am fitting up to be a bit more weather resistant and comfortable.

FINALLY got the roof AC on it, and with the wall/ceiling insulation going up it is getting colder and colder in there... :D

Post some pics when i get back. Gotta sniff some glue. :mrgreen:

Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:10 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Post Re: DIY Camping trailers and camping gear fixes and adaptati
ok i have finished the exterior and built the sliding bed frame. the frame will usually be pulled out to accept the full size mattress but can slide in on itself to convert to a couch and free up floor space. it's not pretty but it will work and will be covered by the bed anyway!

before
Attachment:
IMG_2289.jpg

pushed in
Attachment:
IMG_3213.jpg

pulled out
Attachment:
IMG_3217.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:04 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Wow! Looks really good.

Lucky for me we are sleeping in the camper. We will have an insulated cargo trailer this trip... not quite ready for final decorating yet.

Matter o fact... I have to go put the door together...and back on.. :lol:

Pics tonight.

The sliding bed idea is pretty trick. Will the mattress fold futon style?

Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:24 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

yeah we have a futon style mattress with inner coils too ... but folds like a regular futon ... hopefully it's relatively comfortable ... our camper is definitely not "finished" but will be a lot better than a tent ... and we got the two room portapotty/shower tent!

question on canopies ... do you prefer the canopies with the slanted legs or the straight vertical legs? i'm thinking of the slanted legs (there is one available locally that is even orange)! i like the idea of no guy lines to trip over ... thoughts>?

Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:19 pm Profile
 [ 4 posts ]