Last visit was: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:20 am It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:20 am

[ 6 posts ] 
 Fall/Winter fests with camping? 
Wanee Peach

Post Fall/Winter fests with camping?
We aren't going to be able to make Roots or Hula but I'm trying to research other fests with camping in the southeast over the fall and winter. Or does the fest scene just take the winter off?

Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:50 am Profile
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

Post Re: Fall/Winter fests with camping?
There's lots going on in Florida! Check out the Maddox Ranch website. There are many Home Team events there. A Funk Fest, Great Outdoors Jam and a pretty solid New Years Event. All in a nice private venue with friendly folks.

Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:09 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

I would imagine Okeechobee goes down again, that’s been March last 2 years (although I don’t see any dates for it yet so maybe it’s done).

Aura used to be in March and was super killer, but unfortunately got driven outta town by Okee .

What’s the name of that fest in I believe NC that SCI has played at before, I think that’s in October and has a planetary/astrological name? I’m blanking.

I think Zach Deputy’s Disk Jam at SoSMP used to be late winter, not sure if that’s a still a thing.

I just realized I’m not being super helpful so instead I’ll just direct you to JamBase.com, their festival listing are pretty all encompassing.

Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:52 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

I quickly skimmed the JamBase database and depending on what you consider to be “the south” and what you consider to be the start of fall, you should have plenty of options. There’s a plethora of fests listed on JamBase between now and the end of the year. Not sure how many of them are camping but I’m sure a fair amount are.

This old hippyish dude I used to work with would rave about LEAF. It didn’t use to have notably musical acts (lots of art/workshops etc with small musical act), but it looks like this year at minimum Railroad Earth will be there. Maybe something to check out.

Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:06 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

If you’re into bluegrass there’s a couple

Thanksgiving bluegrass fest at Sertoma Ranch Nov 20-25 (Blue Highway, Darin & Brooke Aldridge with John Cowan)

Fall Palatka Bluegrass fest Nov 8-10 (Rhonda Vincent & the Rage, Little Roy & Lizzy, Dailey & Vincent)

Baygrass bluegrass fest (no camping) Jan 20 (Grass is Dead, Songs from the Road Band, Mike Compton)

Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:09 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

What type of music? Looking for big-name bands or less-known?

Sertoma Youth Ranch has a few:
Camping with the Blues in mid-October (obviously blues)
RiverHawk in early Nov (Americana, Rockabilly)
Thanksgiving Bluegrass
Antemesaris (rock & roll, I think more prog stuff but not really sure)

Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:14 pm Profile
 [ 6 posts ]