Last visit was: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:20 am It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:20 am

[ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Live Nation and Ticketmaster..... MO money.... YOUR money 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Live Nation and Ticketmaster..... MO money.... YOUR mo
I will also add that I have actually used TM resale a ton. Not everyone in their is scalpers. Reason I have used it so much being that last year I lived super close to Amelie arena and ended up going to about a dozen Lightning games. Bought every single one via TM resale, and every single one was at or under face value (many were wayyy under face). So yeah it’s s#%tty that TM gets double fees but it can act as an avenue for one real fan (such as a season ticket holder who can’t make a game) to sell to another real fan (such as someone like myself would could decide to go last minute and get better tickets than available at the box office and for better prices).

When it comes to concerts I always go Cash or Trade. But when it comes to sporting events I usually go TM. Now if there was or is a Cash or Trade like website for sporting events I would likely use that but I am not aware of one.

Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:41 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

I realize: TM is the big dog. Not going away. Neither are the resellers. And I've used Cash or Trade too. TM talks a good game, about making tix available for the fans.... and here we are yet again, finding out they are colluding with resellers. Hell, they are making it easier for resellers to gain market share. So: EFF THEM.
:x

I do think, for me at least... this is probably a temporary thing. Tolerating TM, that is. In the last five years or so, I've gone to a BUNCH more big shows (hockey arena or stadium), of old fart bands on their swan songs... Eagles, Paul Simon, Sir Paul, RHCP, U2. I've seen all these recently... Bob Seger just announced he's doing his farewell tour (not that I'll go, but that will be big venues), and Elton is on his last tour (we saw him ? two years ago). For a long time, I had a 1X/year rule to see a big show. Seems like I've been to way more than that lately. But! How long before I run out of old guys I want to catch one last time, of the big name sort that gets a high demand? I think the list is running short.

Seems there's way less reselling going on in the smaller venues. I think the resellers want to work big tours, and big venues, because more seats = more $$... EG, I'm seeing David Byrne in 10 days, at the Fillmore in Miami Beach. Theater show... looking at the TM site, there's only a handful of pink (reseller) tix available right now.

TM sporting events are a whole other animal... they have to offer what the market bears... games all the time, all over the country. WAY more seats in total, than will ever be filled. Apples and oranges, sports vs. concerts.

Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:01 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

beach bob wrote:
Boycott the hot pink buttons on your seat picking map, when you are on the Ticketmaster website.

This is incorrect. I bought more tickets than I wound up needing for a show (more than once) and used the verified resale to sell them. They won't let you post the price less than face value to essentially dump them, so If you see pink tickets for 50 cents more than blue ones, Buy the pink ones because the poor bastard on the other end is already taking a 15% hit for a sellers fee and probably just wants to get rid of them for what they can.

Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:13 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

It just sucks to see they're colluding with whom they say trying to stop. I've known there was something fraudulent going on since logging on the moment tickets went on sale, and then watching the time-clock go up and up... and up. How does the computer start off proclaiming I have 5 minutes to wait, then end up telling me I have 20 minutes to wait 15 minutes later?

I think if you or I conducted business this way, we'd be out of business!

Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:43 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
I will also add that I have actually used TM resale a ton. Not everyone in their is scalpers. Reason I have used it so much being that last year I lived super close to Amelie arena and ended up going to about a dozen Lightning games. Bought every single one via TM resale, and every single one was at or under face value (many were wayyy under face). So yeah it’s s#%tty that TM gets double fees but it can act as an avenue for one real fan (such as a season ticket holder who can’t make a game) to sell to another real fan (such as someone like myself would could decide to go last minute and get better tickets than available at the box office and for better prices).

When it comes to concerts I always go Cash or Trade. But when it comes to sporting events I usually go TM. Now if there was or is a Cash or Trade like website for sporting events I would likely use that but I am not aware of one.

nickyler wrote:
I bought more tickets than I wound up needing for a show (more than once) and used the verified resale to sell them.

They won't let you post the price less than face value to essentially dump them, so If you see pink tickets for 50 cents more than blue ones, Buy the pink ones because the poor bastard on the other end is already taking a 15% hit for a sellers fee and probably just wants to get rid of them for what they can.

Thanks Nick and Mangoman... I never would have seen this point of view. I was of the opinion that *any* reselling is probably a scalp.

Both of you show the need for a resell venue. TM has turned this 'needed venue' into their slush fund using scalpers. Wonder how/if they recover. Or if they are big enough to do WTF they want regardless. :evil:

Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:11 am Profile
Wanee Lover

nickyler wrote:
beach bob wrote:
Boycott the hot pink buttons on your seat picking map, when you are on the Ticketmaster website.

This is incorrect. I bought more tickets than I wound up needing for a show (more than once) and used the verified resale to sell them. They won't let you post the price less than face value to essentially dump them, so If you see pink tickets for 50 cents more than blue ones, Buy the pink ones because the poor bastard on the other end is already taking a 15% hit for a sellers fee and probably just wants to get rid of them for what they can.

You can buy/sell TM resale below face value. I know this for a fact. Although perhaps there are some xclusions to this for certain events.

Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:47 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

nickyler wrote:
I bought more tickets than I wound up needing for a show (more than once) and used the verified resale to sell them. They won't let you post the price less than face value to essentially dump them, so If you see pink tickets for 50 cents more than blue ones, Buy the pink ones because the poor bastard on the other end is already taking a 15% hit for a sellers fee and probably just wants to get rid of them for what they can.

I have never thought about that. Good point.

I have also never encountered pink and blue seats at [essentially] the same price. But then, I never buy tix last minute. The last time I bought tix last minute, on line, was for a Fillmore show a few years ago when I found myself working in Miami Beach and a good show happened to be there. *shrug*

Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:38 pm Profile
 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2