Last visit was: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:22 am It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:22 am

[ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Live Nation and Ticketmaster..... MO money.... YOUR money 
Wanee Wizard

Post Live Nation and Ticketmaster..... MO money.... YOUR money
Found this posted on the Wanee Family page on FB.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/a-publ ... -1.4828535

Quote:
With hidden cameras rolling, he mingled with some of the world's most successful scalpers, documenting candid accounts from players inside this notoriously secretive industry.

Casey Klein, Ticketmaster Resale director, held a session that was closed to the media called "We appreciate your partnership: More brokers are listing with Ticketmaster than ever before."

The audience heard that Ticketmaster has developed a professional reseller program and within the past year launched TradeDesk, a web-based inventory management system for scalpers. The company touts it as "The most powerful ticket sales tool. Ever."

Quote:
TradeDesk allows scalpers to upload large quantities of tickets purchased from Ticketmaster's site and quickly list them again for resale. With the click of a button, scalpers can hike or drop prices on reams of tickets on Ticketmaster's site based on their assessment of fan demand.

Neither TradeDesk nor the professional reseller program are mentioned anywhere on Ticketmaster's website or in its corporate reports. To access the company's TradeDesk website, a person must first send in a registration request.

Quote:
One of the presenters, who was unaware he was speaking with undercover journalists, insisted that Ticketmaster's resale division isn't interested in whether clients use automated software and fake identities to bypass the box office's ticket-buying limits.

"If you want to get a good show and the ticket limit is six or eight ... you're not going to make a living on six or eight tickets," he said.

Quote:
Scalping pays

Ticketmaster, which is owned by Live Nation, the world's largest concert promoter, has made it clear to shareholders that it plans to expand further into the resale market.

As Part 1 of the CBC News/Toronto Star investigation revealed yesterday, resale tickets are particularly lucrative for Ticketmaster because the company charges fees twice on the same ticket.

So, for example, if Ticketmaster collects $25.75 on a $209.50 ticket on the initial sale, when the owner posts it for resale for $400 on the site, the company stands to collect an additional $76 on the same ticket.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/a-publ ... -1.4828535

Scumbags. But at least we know now.

Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:35 am Profile
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

Post Re: Live Nation and Ticketmaster..... MO money.... YOUR mo
This isn't surprising to me nor should it be to anyone. Concerts sell out in 2 minutes and tickets are already up on Stub Hub. But hey, we'll probably all get $5 vouchers for nosebleed seats at shows no one wants to see...

Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:43 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Ticketmaster and LN being scumbags? Shocker there.

Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:03 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

AndieBee wrote:
This isn't surprising to me nor should it be to anyone. Concerts sell out in 2 minutes and tickets are already up on Stub Hub. But hey, we'll probably all get $5 vouchers for nosebleed seats at shows no one wants to see...

Wow!

I knew that there were scalpers, sure.

You really knew that TM was sponsoring such activities and had programs in place to reward scalpers? And spent millions to do so? I am a bit cynical, but had no idea that it was so sanctioned at such high levels. Much less promoted at trade shows!

Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:12 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Boycott the hot pink buttons on your seat picking map, when you are on the Ticketmaster website. Those are the "Verified Resale" tix = scalper tix. I cannot fathom how TB was ever allowed to do this in the first place. Scalp your own tix? They get to double whack the buyer with their ridiculous fees, for each resold ticket.

:x :x :x

The new news, per the above article, is that the fan has even less chance of scoring decent seats, now that TB is accommodating scalpers and their bots with new TB software.

It's enough to make a person give up concerts. :cry:

Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:13 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Here is HOPING that the exposure puts an end to the practice....

Hope in one hand, spit in the other hand and see what fills faster, right?

Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:53 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Yup.

Club shows.
Club shows and festivals.
And Ticketweb.

I hate that several of my local venues use Ticketmaster... WTF is wrong with y'all?
:x

Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:21 am Profile
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

Volkemon wrote:
AndieBee wrote:

Wow!

I knew that there were scalpers, sure.

You really knew that TM was sponsoring such activities and had programs in place to reward scalpers? And spent millions to do so? I am a bit cynical, but had no idea that it was so sanctioned at such high levels. Much less promoted at trade shows!

I'm not saying I "knew" anything, just that this level of corruption isn't surprising to me when they scalp from their own site. If they wanted it curtailed there must have been ways to stomp this out years ago.

Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:42 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Thats pretty much the point of the article... that is, TM was SPONSORING this activity 'under wraps' while publicly saying it was bad.

I agree also... prolly get $5 vouchers as a settlement. :lol:

Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:15 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

beach bob wrote:
Boycott the hot pink buttons on your seat picking map, when you are on the Ticketmaster website. Those are the "Verified Resale" tix = scalper tix. I cannot fathom how TB was ever allowed to do this in the first place. Scalp your own tix? They get to double whack the buyer with their ridiculous fees, for each resold ticket.

:x :x :x

The new news, per the above article, is that the fan has even less chance of scoring decent seats, now that TB is accommodating scalpers and their bots with new TB software.

It's enough to make a person give up concerts. :cry:

Nooooooo. Def not enough to give up going to shows.

There’s a new TM scandal every couple of years. It is what it is.

Most bands/venue will continue to use Ticketmaster, they are just too big and too powerful. Remember when Pearl Jam tried to boycott them back in the day and got crushed? So most will continue to use them. It is what it is.

Secondary resale market isn’t going away, as s#%tty as that is. I don’t necessarily have a problem with tM being involved with it but I am concerned by their practices which are essentially encouraging/enabling scalpers to scoop up mass tickets easier. s#%tty but it is what it is.

Fortunately most of the events I go to I don’t have to really worry about scalpers because the shows don’t sell out or sell out but are still rather easily obtainable via fair secondary market sites (ie Cash or Trade). I really think this type of practice effects those who tend to go to huge acts (pop, country pop, etc) much more than those in the Wanee-esque scene.

Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:31 pm Profile
 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next