Last visit was: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:23 am It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:23 am

[ 8 posts ] 
 Florida Jam - Gov't Mule! October 20th 
Wanee Lover

Post Florida Jam - Gov't Mule! October 20th
Any bos/sos making the trip for this show. They are promising a 150 minute mule set with Elvin Bishop & Eric Gales each doing a 90 minute set :o . Should be a rad show at a decent price and I believe it's Mules only Florida appearance!

Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:33 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: Florida Jam - Gov't Mule! October 20th
I think I'm going.

The promoter is a dick, but I love me some Mule. I went to one of the promoter's events two years ago, it was a total clusterflock. I can only hope he's ironed out his problems, since he's managed to put on a couple more events since then, apparently without much complaint.

I just watched Mule last weekend at Red Rocks on the webfeed; they did Dark Side of The Mule, and it was killer.

Look for the overweight older guy with a tiedye on. That will be me. :lol: 8-)

Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:49 am Profile
Wanee Lover

I attended one Florida Jam in Boca Raton, Jan 27 2018. Was supposed to be headlined by Dr. John, but he was ill. Govt Mule were understudies, with a good lineup... Devon Allman w/Duane Betts, Peter Levin, Walter Trout, Robben Ford, Kenny Neal, and Marsha Ball. Had a great time, the venue was cozy and plenty of food and drink. Saw some Wanee peeps!!! This show, Oct 20, was a rainout back in mid May. Dickey Betts, Devon Allman, and Elvin Bishop were scheduled. When rescheduling, Dickey just plain out cancelled, Devon has already scheduled a show at Epcot Centers “Eat to the Beat” concert series, Oct 20th. I purchased my ticket for the original Jam when they first went on sale.... so I will be in West Boca Raton’s Sunset Cove Amphitheater Oct 20th. I will be the long grey bearded guy with some Wanee shirt on, and a bandanna on my slightly balding head. See ya there!

Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:02 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Would have liked to see Dickey play, that’s why I bought the ticket. I know there are mixed feelings about his last few shows, but he was part of an awesome band in it’s time! Hope he recovers to play again! Get well soon Dickey

Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:44 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Eric, I read a news item, that said Dickey has cancelled his November shows. Latest was that Dickey was playing a show at the Pompano amph Nov. 3, with Billy Gibbons opening. Nothing has been confirmed as yet from the venues.

"Last month, Betts suffered a “mild stroke” at his Sarasota home and had to cancel upcoming tour dates. A few weeks later, Spero announced Betts was responding “very well to treatment” and on Sept. 14 posted to Betts’ social media pages that, “Dickey Betts is raring to go. His recovery from his minor stroke is ahead of schedule and he has already started playing his guitar again.”

"Now, though, Betts’ family, friends and band mates are focusing their attention on Betts regaining his health; with the upcoming November shows obviously being cancelled."

https://dickeybetts.com/dickey-betts-ho ... -accident/

Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:59 am Profile
Wanee Fan

All of his shows were just cancelled. This is a new headline: Dickey Betts in “Critical But Stable Condition” After Head Injury

https://relix.com/news/detail/dickey-be ... z5Rg7FIfPK

Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:08 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

ArmeDane wrote:
All of his shows were just cancelled. This is a new headline: Dickey Betts in “Critical But Stable Condition” After Head Injury

https://relix.com/news/detail/dickey-be ... z5Rg7FIfPK

Its odd... the link Bob included has all the info about the recent head injury. Maybe it was updated after BB posted.

Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:14 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

"All of his shows", were the shows in November. I think it was just a handful of gigs.

The Sarasota Herald item Arme posted, did have a bit more info, in that Dickey is scheduled for surgery today (Friday 9/21).

All hopes for a good outcome. As others have said, he's a tough old dog.

Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:08 pm Profile
 [ 8 posts ]