Last visit was: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:26 am It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:26 am

[ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Sunshine Music Festival on hiatus in 2019 
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

Post Re: Sunshine Music Festival on hiatus in 2019
C'mon Gator.....there is still April 28-29-30.....

just saying....

Yeah I think that TTB train has left the station..... :cry:

Mule???

Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:46 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

BTW folks... for those who might have traveled south into the nice winter FL weather for the Sunshine Music Festival that's now on hiatus, there are other events down this way that weekend that are worthy. There's also ~

The Baygrass Bluegrass Fest, is in Islamorada (in the upper FL Keys). It's a bluegrass fest, folks ... not just a little, but a lot. Also featuers lots of Craft Beer. Hosted by the always fun Grass is Dead.
https://www.baygrassbluegrass.com/

There's also the 30A Songwriter Fest, way over almost all the way to Destin FL, out on the panhandle. Seaside FL, actually. Convenient only for Rivernole, the rest of us will have a heckuva drive. But it's surely pretty once you get there. I've done this one a few times, it's not cheap, logistically kind of a nightmare to see the shows, but several of my very tippy top favorite artists are always there, and the setting (if you can get in to the tiny venues) is generally fun and welcoming.
https://30asongwritersfestival.com/

So come on down anyways. Holiday weekend! Or, it should be -- what kind of goon do you work for, that doesn't give you the MLK Monday off? Sheesh!
:D

I might just do Baygrass. Lots of my local buds will be there.

Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:06 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Rivernole wrote:
C'mon Gator.....there is still April 28-29-30.....

just saying....

Yeah I think that TTB train has left the station..... :cry:

Mule???

When I saw Sunshine was on hiatus, I hoped that meant LN had worked something out with TTB. With 2019 being the 50th anniversary of the ABB and all the whispers about Wanee's future, I was hoping for at least one last ABB family bash.

Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:48 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Not sure if this merits its own Thread, but apparently Dickie Betts has had a bad fall and is in critical condition:

http://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20180919/dickey-betts-in-critical-condition-after-accident-at-his-sarasota-county-home

Just saying: See 'em while you can, music lovers...

Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:14 pm Profile
 [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2