Last visit was: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:18 pm It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:18 pm

[ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 DSO Revolution Live 
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: DSO Revolution Live
HappyEER, were you on the left side VIP area? The right side had cover, and some tables with bottle service. There were two bars right outside VIP on that right side. But you had to be able to get over to them. I think drink sales actually suffered from too much crowd... I never saw much of a line for beverages.

Turned out, they did let people do in/outs. I was rather concerned during DSO's first set... where the hell are all these people gonna go for set break?? Magically, the space emptied out.

It pisses me off how Revolution was on Facebook, touting the new layout on Friday, as being done 'per fan requests' (or some other such similar BS verbiage). The original layout using the parking lot to the north for the GA space, was about twice the size of the secured area they actually made. WTF.
:|

Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:32 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

beach bob wrote:
HappyEER, were you on the left side VIP area? The right side had cover, and some tables with bottle service. There were two bars right outside VIP on that right side. But you had to be able to get over to them. I think drink sales actually suffered from too much crowd... I never saw much of a line for beverages.

Turned out, they did let people do in/outs. I was rather concerned during DSO's first set... where the hell are all these people gonna go for set break?? Magically, the space emptied out.

It pisses me off how Revolution was on Facebook, touting the new layout on Friday, as being done 'per fan requests' (or some other such similar BS verbiage). The original layout using the parking lot to the north for the GA space, was about twice the size of the secured area they actually made. WTF.

We were not VIP, but were on the left front rail next to that VIP section. Another couple we were with had VIP. I don't think they even knew about the right side section with tables & bathrooms.

Another Wanee friend of ours parked in the pay lot to the west of the fence, set up a chair, opened his trunk & cooler, and enjoyed the show with less stress. Was gonna sell his ticket, but I don't think he ever left.

First outdoor show we had been to there. I didn't care for it, but the bands were terrific. I dare say, ... even Bobby Lee Wanee!

Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:04 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

HappyEER wrote:
First outdoor show we had been to there.

FWIW, this was the first time Revolution has done this particular event.

Odd thing is, the city, with the Downtowner (on the south side of the river) hosting, used to close off the whole SW 2nd Street entertainment area for the old Blues Festival. It's not like nobody knows how to do this, in that location.

Final gripe: tacos, vs. tacos, vs. vegan burgers. Those were the event food choices. Despite getting a plate of tacos (they were good), by midnight, I was starved. So we bailed on the Crazy Fingers aftershow, and hit up the late night diner in WPB.

Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:29 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Didn't notice the food. We ate just before going in. (Was surprised at how dead the block is for decent food.)

We bailed on the Crazy Fingers set too. Love them, but we work around Delray (live in Wellington) & see them a lot.

Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:34 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

There used to be a couple street carts for late night alcohol absorption.... I used to grab slices before heading home; the pizza guy was usually right outside Revolution. I guess the city nixed the pizza & hotdog carts.

Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:38 pm Profile
 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6