Last visit was: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:17 pm It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:17 pm

[ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 DSO Revolution Live 
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: DSO Revolution Live
I could just mail the hard tickets. :)

Not sure if I can electronically re-assign them. I did so with the GA tix.

I should check that out. But Pattie and I are gonna be hustling to get things ready for tomorrow. We have to be parked by 2PM fri....23 hrs from now.

Little ironic that I got all PO'd about not printing them, and then e-transferred them. :lol:

Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:54 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

I'm getting a headache just trying to follow your moves on this one...
:lol: :lol:

Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:38 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

beach bob wrote:
I'm getting a headache just trying to follow your moves on this one...
:lol: :lol:

I hear ya. Been looking forward to DSO, Galactic AND Crazy Fingers for months. Went all out.

BOOM. Right turn, Clyde! :arrow:

We need to pack food. BBQ dinner sat, no other food provided.
Get the fridge in the camper cooling, and grab the WANEE nectar bucket... time to bottle another batch!

If you are reading this, want to go, and have a way to be at 27°55'44.9"N 80°31'49.6"W (link below) before 11 AM tomorrow... Just use the tickets, you dont need to use the RV slot.

And dont just show up. :lol: Post here, and we will PM details.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/27%C2 ... 80.5304558

I live in the Lobster Hut. :lol:

Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:41 pm Profile
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

I think I'll just show up... Heh heh heh.

Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:18 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

AndieBee wrote:
I think I'll just show up... Heh heh heh.

If you wait just four months there will be seafood to eat. :lol:

Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:39 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Wow.

Savants of Soul. If you can, see them. AWESOME.

Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:02 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

The above post is off-topic.
:twisted:

Re: the ACTUAL subject~

BLR, Galactic, and Dark Star Orch all were great.

Much criticism can be directed at how the event was laid out... but the music and people were great; I saw a ton of old (& new) friends, and despite a bit of rain, our spirits were high and everyone seemed to have a fine time indeed.

DSO played the Grateful Dead show from 6/22/1974, performed at the Miami Jai Alai Fronton. Several rarities, and I think Bobby sang every cowboy song he knew that night. Good times!
8-) :mrgreen: 8-) :mrgreen:

Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:38 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Quote:
Much criticism can be directed at how the event was laid out.

I was told by those I gave the tix to that you are being very generous. They said it was a clustf**k. So happy I went 'off topic' and enjoyed a weekend. :lol:

You did warn us about them overselling VIP. Thank you. You saved us a lot of stress.

Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:01 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Bands were great, setup was horrible. As long as you committed to a spot & didn't try to exit for drinks, ... it was good. VIP section (for viewing) was a joke. No drinks or bar, and not a great angle.

Galactic was unreal ... and crazy loud. Best DSO show I've seen (albeit only a few for me).

I'm sure the "no re-entry" deal kept several people away from the early sets.

Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:18 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

In hindsight, I really wish I would have spent Friday night motoring up your way to grab those VIP and use them myself. It was sardine-ville for most of Galactic up through DSO's first set. Fortunately, the SoFla clubber mindset means that casual attendees will bail out halfway through a show (seen this at every Revolution show I've been to), and the second set was actually comfortable, crowd wise.

I made do; found the folding chairs, and parked mine by my taper pals, in a spot I figured would have low traffic flow.... it didn't have low traffic flow.
:P :?

It was quite silly; they said VIP was sold out... for BLR, they had the crowd barriers set 30 feet back from the stage barrier... that space, plus two more VIP to both sides of the stage, was enough room for about 400 people.... going by the hard passes I saw peeps wearing, I figure they sold 100 VIP. Right after BLR was done, they removed the 30' setback barriers. Worked for Mikey, who as you know, rides the rail.

Also, we got there early for BLR. Security dude does his thing, and sez; Empty your pockets. I sez: Where? He was *in front of* the typical folding table used for scanning stuff people bring. Then he looked in my bag, but then he nearly forgot to wand me. Oy. Are you guys new at this??
:?

There was no as-promised mariachi / Dia de Muertos parade, presumably because there was no room for them to parade in the space, pre-Dark Star. The city did their Dia de Muertos thing on Friday night downtown... a friend was there and said that it was all kinds of fun, and that the club was handing out DSO freebie tix. Who knew? Live and learn!
:D

FWIW, and as far as I could tell, the VIP peeps had plenty of elbow room. Glad you enjoyed your shindig, Volke.

Last edited by beach bob on Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:26 am Profile
 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next