Last visit was: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:43 am It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:43 am

[ 6 posts ] 
 Good Mobility Scooters? 
Wanee Gnome

Post Good Mobility Scooters?
Looking for some mobility ideas for my old man
Last year I rented my pops a mobility scooter to help him get around because his knees aren't what they used to be. It was great to ride to mainstage and scoot over to the general store but he was getting stuck just about everywhere else lol. It was just your old average power chair and didn't have much drive. The loose sand was the problem.

Now I know I saw some people scootin’ by in some pretty stylish wheels that traveled fast and didn't get stuck. I tried to remember the name of one I saw but I completely forgot. They were really awesome and would be ideal for his situation. He just likes to explore, stay back and listen to the jams.

I’m open to any and all suggestions!
I really would like to see my dad start attending the festivals he loves again with the mobility he deserves. I hate seeing him stuck at camp!

I’ll attach a picture of what I think the scooters looked like. I know they had seats! :)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:34 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: Good Mobility Scooters?
That pic is looks pretty much like my camp mate's scooter, which is a Zappy. The electric motor is within the wheel, which gives it good traction off pavement... it's pulling, which will do better than a rear wheel drive scooter. Goes like hell too.

[google-fu engaged...]
Well fark. It seems the Zappy is extinct. Looks like there are similar products on the market though. Watts, and a good seat would be essential things to consider. Some kind of suspension would be good for the Suwanee...

Sorry I don't have more info. :|

Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:22 pm Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

Look at the EW-36 online.....a little pricey at a tad over $2000...but will cruise up to 18 mph....45 hours of use per charge....
Not sure how well it will operate in the sand at SOSMP...but sounds promising.

Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:50 pm Profile
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

I was gifted a Rally scooter by a member of the SOS/BOS and I really like it. It can go 15 miles on 1 charge (not sure what that is in hours, but the batteries last a long time). I've used it at SOSMP and at LOCKN which has some pretty big hills. Anyone who's seen me knows I'm a big girl, but the scooter has never run slow or felt bogged down. The wheels are durable and the seat is comfy, but needs a cushion for long session sitting. I even brought it on a cruise ship and it was thin enough to fit through the standard cabin doors (some of them aren't and are not allowed). So look into Rally.

Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:22 pm Profile
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

Attachment:
image.jpeg

Someone pimped mine out with LED lights along the bottom...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:26 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

D field special. :lol:

Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:16 pm Profile
 [ 6 posts ]