Last visit was: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:45 pm It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:45 pm

[ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Offending an Entire Band's Fanbase in One Sentence... 
Wanee Fan

Post Re: Offending an Entire Band's Fanbase in One Sentence...
Rivernole wrote:
Back to Leon...for a moment in time....
If you saw Leon 30-40 years...the Leon you saw at Wanee was not the same guy. Maybe the same body...but hell we all wear down and out.
I have always been a Leon man.....he got little attention for all that he did!
I love Leon....
Then
Now
Forever!

True dat!
Saw several Leon shows, starting mid-70's. Some great ones, and more not so great. But feel most lucky and honored to witness the Lockn' '15 treasure, ten feet from the stage: https://youtu.be/QArOU_LW5v8

If you don't have 90 mins to watch the entire set, at least check out 'Girl From the North Country' at about 13:00.

Then at about 1:13:00 - The end of 'Space Captain'... Susan thanks the crowd etc. and the lights go off. We are all sated and tired, yet pumped. The set was sadly over. But wait- the lights come up and Leon is center stage... and the hairs on the back of our necks stand up...

Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:26 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

whole lot of love wrote:
anyone going to meet us in Wyoming next yr for the dead and comp fest?

Ain't no Wyoming 2019 Dead&Co fest that I can find... when the Aug. 2018 Wyoming dates were scheduled, and then cancelled shortly after, the promoters said they'd try again for 2019.

No further info since then. That ain't much to hang your hat on.

Highline Sports and Entertainment was the entity that applied for the event in Jackson Hole ... I looked at their website and Facebook page, but I can't find upcoming events for them.

Wait and see I suppose.

Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:00 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

ohio wrote:
But feel most lucky and honored to witness the Lockn' '15 treasure, ten feet from the stage: https://youtu.be/QArOU_LW5v8

That TTB Mad Dogs & Englishmen set is one of the finest live shows I've heard in recent years. Worth repeated listenings. Were I ten feet from that stage, I would have melted into a puddle a few times.
:D

Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:07 am Profile
Wanee Fan

beach bob wrote:
ohio wrote:
But feel most lucky and honored to witness the Lockn' '15 treasure, ten feet from the stage: https://youtu.be/QArOU_LW5v8

That TTB Mad Dogs & Englishmen set is one of the finest live shows I've heard in recent years. Worth repeated listenings. Were I ten feet from that stage, I would have melted into a puddle a few times.
:D

Did!

Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:44 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Is the original premise of the thread - offending an entire band's fanbase in one sentence - limited to The Dead?

If not, by far the easiest would be to say "Meh, Neal Peart's ok." Say that out loud & you better be prepared to fight the 50% of Rush fans who didn't faint when you said it.

Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:49 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

SeaPA wrote:
Is the original premise of the thread - offending an entire band's fanbase in one sentence - limited to The Dead?

If not, by far the easiest would be to say "Meh, Neal Peart's ok." Say that out loud & you better be prepared to fight the 50% of Rush fans who didn't faint when you said it.

As a RUSH fan, I find that hilarious. :lol: Well said.

How about this -

Bob Dylan's music lacks originality and meaning.

Suppose that works for most of them.... :?

Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:58 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Bob who?

Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:09 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

SeaPA wrote:

It most definitely was not meant just for the Dead!

and I like that one!

Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:57 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Jerry Garcia??... Was he named after the Ice cream?

Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:53 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

There was once a band called "the Mullet Jorts", they were playing an impromptu concert in the parking lot of the Tifton County Livestock Auction, when about halfway through the show the gas station across the street ran out of Bud Ice, Skoal long cut, and Wild turkey liquor. The Widespread Panic that ensued coined the bands new name.

Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:18 pm Profile
 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next