Last visit was: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:44 pm It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:44 pm

[ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Offending an Entire Band's Fanbase in One Sentence... 
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: Offending an Entire Band's Fanbase in One Sentence...
Volkemon wrote:
I beg to differ Sir. Should there be a fire, one could be found negligent for NOT shouting fire... :lol:

ACK! Good point.

The condition that I neglected to state: Ya cannot yell FIRE, *when there ain't no fire*...

:shock: :shock: :shock:

~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's a question of setting... at the SOSMP, a big fire in the woods could attract unwanted wookies seeking warmth and freebie cold freshies and sustenance... these situations have to be handled delicately ...
:ugeek:

Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:04 am Profile
Wanee Fan

I didn't write this, and you may have seen it before, but it speaks to the concept of a "best" performance.
"The Grateful Dead is not a band. Not anymore, at least.
It is now the energy that calls the music to the stage.
It's me. It's you. The burrito guy in the lot too. The twirlers...
It's what used Jerry as a vehicle. It is what still drives Dead and Company.
It's the inspiration that moves DSO and JRAD brightly.
It's the raspy voice of the hobo playing Ripple on a ukulele that is missing a string.
It's love in its most magical form."

The idea of best is subjective, and it changes with time, but this stuff is always good! 8-)

Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:12 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

^^^ This, absolutely.

I was heartened to take my son to the Sunrise Dead&Co show... He's been a Deadhead for years, seen all manner of the various alumni and extended GD musical family perform, and he's hung out with the hippie tribes of all sorts over the years.

But! We went early to the venue. And we had the 411 on where the Shakedown vending would be... we had friends who were vending, and we definitely wanted to catch up with them. Turned out that the lot scene was straight out of the 1980s: you could get whatever you needed... some cool art, some dyes of course, excellent food, a dude had a full bar, there was music and cold beverages and smiles everywhere. We wandered, and kept bumping into old friends we had not seen, some of them for years! And we made new friends too... Mikey had never done the actual Shakedown, the way it used to be, cuz I'd never seen it like the old daze the way it was this past February. Mikey never got to see Jerry, but he was in the scene. It was a blast!
:mrgreen:

Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:48 am Profile
Wanee Fan

beach bob wrote:
Turned out that the lot scene was straight out of the 1980s: you could get whatever you needed... some cool art, some dyes of course, excellent food, a dude had a full bar, there was music and cold beverages and smiles everywhere.
Between where the uber dropped us off, and the entrance to the venue, this was what I saw too. It was the vibe I've been missing. It's what I saw in Orlando too. I never saw assault rifles, and I was never offended by balloon sales. In fact, I bought 5 for $20... talk about a blast from the past! 8-) If some poor wookies were taken advantage of at those prices, I imaging they have other issues affecting their day to day lives.

Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:15 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

ArmeDane wrote:
I didn't write this, and you may have seen it before, but it speaks to the concept of a "best" performance.
"The Grateful Dead is not a band. Not anymore, at least.
It is now the energy that calls the music to the stage.
It's me. It's you. The burrito guy in the lot too. The twirlers...
It's what used Jerry as a vehicle. It is what still drives Dead and Company.
It's the inspiration that moves DSO and JRAD brightly.
It's the raspy voice of the hobo playing Ripple on a ukulele that is missing a string.
It's love in its most magical form."

The idea of best is subjective, and it changes with time, but this stuff is always good! 8-)

I like it! Completely agree that the Grateful Dead is so much more than a band. Their contributions to music and more broadly society, should not be understated.

On a related note, but completed unrelated to the parody-esque nature of the thread, I am insanely pumped for Phil.moe at Terrapin Crossroads. Seeing Phil at Terrapin is a bucket list thing for me and now it’s less than two weeks away!

Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:20 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

beach bob wrote:
^^^ This, absolutely.

I was heartened to take my son to the Sunrise Dead&Co show... He's been a Deadhead for years, seen all manner of the various alumni and extended GD musical family perform, and he's hung out with the hippie tribes of all sorts over the years.

But! We went early to the venue. And we had the 411 on where the Shakedown vending would be... we had friends who were vending, and we definitely wanted to catch up with them. Turned out that the lot scene was straight out of the 1980s: you could get whatever you needed... some cool art, some dyes of course, excellent food, a dude had a full bar, there was music and cold beverages and smiles everywhere. We wandered, and kept bumping into old friends we had not seen, some of them for years! And we made new friends too... Mikey had never done the actual Shakedown, the way it used to be, cuz I'd never seen it like the old daze the way it was this past February. Mikey never got to see Jerry, but he was in the scene. It was a blast!
:mrgreen:

Another reason to check out Phish again BB! Phish lots are excellent!

Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:38 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

But aren't the Phish lots full of Phish people? :?

I keed! I keed! :D

Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:38 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

beach bob wrote:
But aren't the Phish lots full of Phish people? :?

I keed! I keed! :D

Things certainly can get a little fishy muhahahhaha

But seriously, Phish lots general have great vibes (with the exception of certain s#%tty cities like Philadelphia) and extensive vending (with exception of certain places like MSG where there is no lot). I can say that easily 90+ % of the Phish shows I have been to have had better lot scenes (both in the crowd attending and the number of vendors) than that Orlando Dead and Co pre-party. I’ve documented my issues with that elsewhere and don’t want to be a negative nancy. Point being if you enjoyed Orlando Dead and Co lot, I can’t see anyway you don’t enjoy Phish lots.

Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:00 pm Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

Back to Leon...for a moment in time....
If you saw Leon 30-40 years...the Leon you saw at Wanee was not the same guy. Maybe the same body...but hell we all wear down and out.
I have always been a Leon man.....he got little attention for all that he did!
I love Leon....
Then
Now
Forever!

Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:11 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

anyone going to meet us in wyoming next yr for the dead and comp fest? its going to be a good one :P

Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:37 am Profile
 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next