Last visit was: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:06 am It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:06 am

[ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Offending an Entire Band's Fanbase in One Sentence... 
Wanee Lover

Post Offending an Entire Band's Fanbase in One Sentence...
Guy walks up to the podium at a Grateful Dead fan rally and says....
"Joe Russo's Almost Dead is the best anyone has played the Grateful Dead's Music since the 1970's. I repeat, the best ANYONE has played the Grateful Dead's Music since the '70's." Drops mic.

***Instead of rolling over in it, Jerry nods "yes" in his grave, acknowledging the factual information. Whereas, all the Dead Heads in attendance begin pelting speaker with audience recording tapes of late '80s Brent Mydland GD shows and "I Heart Dead and Co" t-shirts***

Last edited by handsNfeetRmangos on Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:34 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Offending an Entire Band's Fanbase in One Sentence...
Slow time on the forum, figured we could have fun with this. So whatcha got?

Try to keep it at (what you believe as) factual information. And yes, I truly believe that JRAD is better than any other Dead-centric band I've heard performances of over the last 35+ years, including most post-70's performances by the actual Grateful Dead.

Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:36 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

no one would ever believe back in the 70s that in 2018 one of the the biggest acts there are there are two 70 yr olds drumming. amazing 8-)

Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:03 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

What the hell is a Grateful Dead fan rally :?:

Is that something people hold because there are no GD tribute bands anywhere... ? Hold on just a minute there, missy!

~~~~~~~~~~

I can only guess this is a hypothetical. And yeah, JRAD is a hell of a band, and very enjoyable. I will only say that *not every GD fan* loves them.

Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:44 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Yes guys, this is a hypothetical/parody-esque scenario, meant to be humorous. But like all good jokes, have some truth to them.

I thought others might take the format and add their own good-hearted jabs at certain bands. I feel like I failed. :oops:

Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:58 am Profile
Wanee Lover

dead and comp killed night two citi field. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EUHRxLY4m8

Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:00 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Playing with fire...

Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:07 am Profile
Wanee Lover

On no! This is turning into another "are the Dead and Co good" thread.....that was not my intentions.....but I just can't help myself from responding.....

JRAD is just so much better than Dead and Co, I don't even see how thats debatable. Now I do see how Dead and Co can be a bigger draw, those dudes won't be around forever. I saw they played St. Stephen->William Tell->The Eleven the other night. Was super pumped to check that out. Turned it off after the massive flub which required them to essentially stop playing during the early part of St. Stephen. Its just painful to watch them struggle that much with basic s#%t they should be nailing. I mean a spotty transitional sequae is one thing. Botching complete verses of GD standards is a whole different level.

Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:16 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

See, now you got your palm firmly pressed into the 12" cast iron skillet, that's been on the camp fire for about 15 minutes.

But it's a slow day / time of year, for the ol' Wanee board... so have at it!

I'll be standing over here, out of shrapnel range 8-)

Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:30 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

even a beatle is milking the dead. https://mobile.nytimes.com/1996/09/26/m ... ector.html
s

Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:49 pm Profile
 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next